PDA

View Full Version : meaning of protien need/loss

Heartwillfollow
January 4th, 2012, 10:52 PM
What does it say about the health of my hair. I figured out when my hair is feeling thin that any of these: yogurt, cassia, an egg wash, henna,which I think are protien type treatments brings my hair back to feeling thicker..

so at some point I loose the benifit of the protien treatment around 3 weeks..

Is the length of my hair unhealthy.. And would not be strong for growing longer lengths until I fix why my hair needs protien and loses protien..

It's ok, I would rather know any negatives now before reaching BLS and stop to work on the health of my hair then find out at longer length and have to cut back.:)

Thanks

catamonica
January 4th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I use horse shampoo from wall mart. It has protein in it. I add two capfuls of olive oil to the
shampoo & conditioner. It makes your hair soft. And also minced onion to the shampoo. It
makes the hair thicker. Try horse shampoo from wall mart. My hair grew fourteen inches. To
one inch past my waist. I wear my hair in a bun six days a week. Its finally growing again.
Buns promte hair growth. Hope it helps.

Heartwillfollow
January 5th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I use horse shampoo from wall mart. It has protein in it. I add two capfuls of olive oil to the
shampoo & conditioner. It makes your hair soft. And also minced onion to the shampoo. It
makes the hair thicker. Try horse shampoo from wall mart. My hair grew fourteen inches. To
one inch past my waist. I wear my hair in a bun six days a week. Its finally growing again.

Thanks catamonica, actually did like the tail and mane shampoo when I used it before.. Was just wonder if my hair was unhealthy. That my hair would not need protein if it was more healthy.

Anje
January 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
If your hair needs protein, it needs protein. It's more common if your hair is damaged by heat or chemicals, but there are plenty of folks with hair that hasn't had harsh treatment who still like protein treatments. Nothing wrong with that, despite all the wailings of people like me who have hair that neither needs protein nor accepts it graciously.

I've recently heard of protein treatments either using low-sodium soy sauce or gelatin, that seem to work well for people. Check out the Recipes board.

Heartwillfollow
January 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
"Thanks" Anje

Dark Rapunzel
January 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Whoa! So much info!
Firstly, how different is horse shampoo from human shampoo (besides protein)?
And why is it that buns promote hair growth??
Thanks!!

catamonica
January 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I read on line at extreme lengths Janis Cortese had waist length hair for ten years. Then she
started wearing it in a bun. She says it protects the hair. I have no split ends. She saw no more little hairs in the sink. Now her hair is knee length. It bascially protects the hair if you bun it. Your hair will not get caught on things. And No split ends A few months ago I started wearing it in a bun, after reading her articles. Now its slowly starting to grow again. As far as the horse shampoo, I think the protein in it makes your hair grow to a certain length. Try it. I think Dark Rapunzel you will like the shampoo. The web site to read the hair articles is Extreme Lengths Janis Cortese.