PDA

View Full Version : Resistance when inserting spin pins into a bun?

blondie9912
January 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone! I'm on winter break from school at the moment, so I've been lazing around the house wearing a lot of buns. I was putting my hair in a bun yesterday using my spin pins, and I noticed something odd. It was a tight, heavily oiled ballerina bun, and as I was inserting the spin pins to anchor it, I heard them going in. It was kind of like a creaking sound almost as they went into my bun, where I could really hear them rubbing against the hair in my bun. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced that, and if they believe it indicates damage? I didn't hear hairs snapping or anything, just a distinct sound as the pins were being twisted into my bun.

WaitingSoLong
January 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
This happens to me if my hair is wet, over oiled, or if the pins have begun to lose their coating.

blondie9912
January 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mine are quite new, and I haven't really used them until now, so the coating is fine. Is this just because of oiling, do you think?

pepperminttea
January 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I sometimes get this with very dense, tight buns. I think for me it's just difficult to insert anything through that. :)

That's what she said.

Kyla
January 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
lol, pepperminttea :D

This happens to me too if my bun is really tight. I don't think it's damaging necessarily, although tere may be a lot of friction going on in that bun.

It actually happens to me with hairsticks too sometimes.