PDA

View Full Version : Do you use shampoo?

SopphireGem
January 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
When you wash your hair, do you use shampoo, or do you only use conditioner, water only or some other method?

blondie9912
January 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty traditional, just a gentle shampoo and conditioner. When I do a heavy oiling, however, I get it out by CO washing

wishywashy
January 4th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I use diluted shampoo and double up on the conditioner...followed by oils and air drying.

ArienEllariel
January 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Honestly, it varies for me. Most days I use diluted conditioner to wash my hair (though if it's winter time like now I'll use it full strength). Some days I will use a sulfate free shampoo but in general it's been CO for me.

AdrianneJean
January 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I personally use both shampoo and conditioner. But I was only just introduced to the CO stuff!! I have heard A LOT of good things about it.

Kira94
January 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I did CO for a couple months, then I started getting a little area in the back where my hair got oily quickly. So now I use a tiny dab of shampoo there and conditioner on my length. If anyone has any ideas as to how to get rid of oily spots that would be welcome. :)

sbeezy305
January 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I try to do no-poo but I can never just give it up completely. So I daily rinse my hair and condition with L'Oreal Sulfate-Free conditioner, or Doo-Gro Deep Down conditioner about once a week. About once or twice a week, I wash just my roots with either baby shampoo or with L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo. I tried this method a few years ago and looked back - my hair was very long (I am still learning the abbrevs, lol) and it was color treated blonde! So I'm back

Amber_Maiden
January 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Doing the whole water only thing right now.

jacqueline101
January 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I shampoo and condition followed by oiling and monistat.

Terra
January 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I prefere CO and use shampoo only now and then... I use shampoo after an evening in a smokey pub or when I have the feeling I have a build up.

I CO now for some years... Perhaps 6 years? *thinking*

pepperminttea
January 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM
At the moment, I'm mostly CO, but I use an SLS-free shampoo every few washes. I clarify a few times a year with sulphate shampoo, too.

KwaveT
January 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I CO but I use ACV rinse on my hair right before I add on the conditioner.

Arctic
January 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
My scalp needs some kind of shampoo. When I joined and tried CO, it really messed up my scalp and caused a permanent sensitivity to conditioner (on scalp). I do use conditioner on length after shampoo, which can be a challenge with my now short hair sometimes, lol!

LissaJane
January 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Organic/All Natural shampoo- No conditioner, but I do olive oil it after a wash

spidermom
January 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Diluted shampoo CWC style.

wicked kisses
January 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm still 'xperimentin'.
But since Nov. I've been mostly CO with a Clarifying once a week.

Shebelina
January 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'm a CWC washer. I'm fairly new to caring for my hair though, so I may try something else eventually.

Maelyssa
January 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I use a mild, low sulfate or sulfate free shampoo only on the roots while the rest is coated in a good layer of conditioner. I do this about 2 or 3 times a week. The rest of the time is up-dos or a co-wash for extra conditioning and detailing.

Madora
January 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I've been using the George Michael pink creme shampoo and his one minute conditioner for decades.

Both are diluted (one tablespoon to 10 oz warm water). I shampoo first to remove the dirt from the length, then the last shampoo is for the scalp.

I pour the diluted conditioner over my scalp, let it sit for a minute, and then detangle gently, then follow with a warm, then a cold final rinse.

nightwish90
January 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
could please someone explain to me what CO means?

Zesty
January 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I usually use a regular SLS shampoo (Head and Shoulders) but I alternate occasionally with CO (Suave naturals cherry blossom) or an SLS-free shampoo (Aubrey Organics JAY).

Madora
January 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
could please someone explain to me what CO means?

Nightwish90, it means shampooing with conditioner only.

Here's a link to more about it:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

turtlelover
January 4th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I alternate regular shampoo with sulfate free shampoo. Once in awhile I will CO wash if my hair was washed w/ shampoo the day before.

BrightEyes
January 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes I'll put a little conditioner on my ends before washing my scalp with shampoo. But usually it's just shampoo, then condition.

I tried CO for awhile, but my hair got so lank and my scalp got the itchies. Maybe I should have given it more time, but it was driving me crazy. I think my hair just likes plain old shampoo and conditioner better.

Kyla
January 4th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I condition, shampoo, condition twice weekly. I just can't seem to get my scalp clean with conditioner only.

nobeltonya
January 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Good old shampoo and conditioner. I change my shampoos, but lately have stuck with the same conditioner and leave-in.

Mina17
January 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My scalp needs shampoo. I alternate SLS with sulfate-free shampoos. Mostly I do CWC but sometimes shampoo the whole length when I feel like I'm getting buildup.

jeanniet
January 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I use homemade soapwort shampoo. I do use conventional shampoo once in a while if I need to clarify, but that's usually less than once a month, if that.

MegaMystery
January 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I use the Yes to Tomatoes shampoo, because it seemed like a really mild shampoo when i bought it. Turns out it still makes my hair quite dry if used undiluted.
Now i do a heavy oiling once a week, and wash it out with the Yes to Tomatoes shampoo diluted with jojoba oil. The rest of the week i wear my hair in a braid or I CO-wash it when i want to wear it down after day 3 :)

luvnaz
January 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I've tried a lot of methods...CO, WO, CWC and there is something in shampoo & conditioner that I'm allergic to. I got a very itchy scalp, red, tight & dry. Maybe even eczema on the nape of my neck behind my ears.

So I started using Nature's Plus beauty bar. It's not soap, it"s Allantoin & vitamin E with a pH of 4.5. It has given me clean hair & scalp and smells great and best of all no itching!

I tried an egg wash today...2 yolks, 2 Tbls honey, ACV & olive oil and my hair feels a little drier, but no itching or tightness. Think I should have used only 1 yolk because I can smell the egg as my hair dries!

I prefer the Nature's Plus beauty bar over any thing I've tried so far :))

Pierre
January 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I use WO. I oil my hair sometimes; the oil stays until the next time I henna.

dwell_in_safety
January 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I mainly do CO. I significantly oil my hair every other week to once a month, depending how it behaves and looks, and sometimes I have to dilute a drop of shampoo in a large glass of water to get all the oil out. I don't count that as utilizing shampoo to wash my hair, though. :p Last time I oiled I had to use it; the time before that, I only had to use conditioner.

Pumpkin
January 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I use shampoo and conditioner...everyday. Works for me.

Raiscake
January 5th, 2012, 03:33 AM
I use shampoo and condish every 3 days followed by oiling. My scalp loves shampoo.

QMacrocarpa
January 5th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Dilute (usually) shampoo and conditioner, generally once a week.

Mayflower
January 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I use shampoo or shampoo + conditioner 2/3 times a week. My shampoo is gentle but not sulfatefree, however even without conditioner it never makes my hair dry or tangly.

Lilhypsy
January 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Wondering what brands specifically anyone loves the most too? =)

Annalouise
January 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Shampoo and conditioner daily.
Tried almost everything else, some things to my peril.

Terra
January 5th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Wondering what brands specifically anyone loves the most too? =)
I use Jessicurls Hair Cleansing Cream. Not so aggressive as shampoo, but always got my hair clean, when CO didn't help. (e.g. cigarette smoke) :)

EdG
January 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I use shampoo, but always diluted.
Ed

Callque
January 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I use Shea Moisture's Shampoo (no sulfates) once every two weeks to clarify my scalp. Any other time than that I am CO. I've been thinking about using it on my length once a month to get rid of conditioner buildup.