PDA

View Full Version : So many oils....

dre
January 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM
:confused:A friend of mine suggested I try Proclaim Natural 7 Argan Oil. She gets it at Sally Beauty Supply and her hairdresser recommended it. I looked it up on line an it seems to have all beneficial oils for hair, skin and nails, but I don't trust anything that I don't present to LHC for an opinion. Thank you so much:confused:

Synnovea
January 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I love argan oil. It's non-greasy, makes my hair soft, shiny, and makes it dry quickly out of the shower.

dre
January 4th, 2012, 07:50 AM
These are the ingredients:

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,FRAGRANCE ,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE ,VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL ,SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,RED 17
What's your opinion?:cheese:

Amber_Maiden
January 4th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I'd get pure oil. The additives won't help your hair.

Nae
January 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Well, it looks like a combo of different oils, cosmetic preservatives, fragrances and dyes.

All you really need are the oils. Sunflower doesn't seem to be that popular around here and it is the first ingredient. I would just go buy some oil. Coconut, Olive, Jojoba or Argan. Those would be my top picks. No sense in paying for stuff you don't need.

pepperminttea
January 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
What Nae said. I'd also lay bets that for that version, you pay quite a bit for a small bottle, whereas with coconut or extra virgin olive oil, it's much cheaper for a large amount. :)

dre
January 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with me...I'll be buying the simple oils and add some EO!!:D