PDA

View Full Version : Waist to BSL, or shorter

Synnovea
January 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
My hair is in great condition, finally, and is finally waist length. However, when I asked my husband to take a picture of it yesterday, I noticed just how thin my ends are due to the severe layering in my hair. I've managed to keep my length but I am sick of these awful layers and I've decided to cut my hair between my longest and shortest layer in hopes of evening up the fullness of my hair (approx. 4-6 inches). I'm pretty sad about this as I've waited for waist length for what seems like forever and now I'm going to have to part ways with it nearly as quickly as it came.

Emotional trauma is about to ensue. :cry:

Arashi
January 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Instead of doing a big chop, perhaps you could maintain at waist length while doing regular trims, and wear it up so as to keep the issues you have with your layers off your mind. In any case employ the two week rule! (Wait two weeks to ponder on any urges to cut, and see if you still want to go through with it)

PrairieRose
January 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I agree with Arashi. Even small trims can make such a big difference. I have damaged ends and have decided to do small trims. I also agree with the wait two week rule. So many times I get the urge to cut and after waiting decided not to. Impulsive cutting can be dangerous!:)

Mayflower
January 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I have the same problem. My hair is a bit past waistlenght but very layered. I think the shortest layer is chin/jawlenght (used to be above my eyebrows). I also have thick and short bangs and the layers go all throughout my hair so the longest layer is.. pretty pathetic. The small trims I do every now and then don't seem to help.
I have quite a lot of hair but it looks thin (especially when straight). It looks okay when I leave it wavy or damp bun it and then comb it out -it fluffs out and looks thicker that way.

Gahhh sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to show you're not alone with this problem. I think I'm gonna cut back to the second longest layer but that's about 3 inches:(.