PDA

View Full Version : Any LHCers from China?

the.fee.fairy
January 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hi

I'm originally from the UK and now living in China for a couple of years. My chinese is not great. I can read pinyin.

If there's anyone from china, can you give me some tips on stuff to buy here to look after your hair?
I tried dyeing it with a local brand once and it was disastrous, but i'm looking for things like treatments and stuff.

If you can help, please post in pinyin either a brand or just the name of something please?

xie xie

naturegirl321
January 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I cna't help. I was in CHina for a couple years and now am in Korea looking to go back to China. All I can say is that every time I go home, I literally go with empty suitcases and bring lots of stuff back. What are you doing in China and where are you?

Hotrox
January 4th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Me!! I'm also British and live in China, have done for 4 years but my Chinese is basic and I'm not able to read labels on Shampoos ect.

I have given up on hairdressers here and cut my own hair, I also buy all my supplies from Hong Kong as I don't live far from it. Some of the higher level supermarkets such as Ole carry imported products and I use the Natures Gate range which for me is quite easily available and pretty decent.

I also used a boxed dye when I first arrived, and after that experience have never dyed my hair with chemicals again :p

I'm in SZ - pm me if you are close by!

the.fee.fairy
January 4th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hotrox, i am unbelievably close. I'm in Huaian.

I've got some local shampoo and conditioner and it seems to be working well.
I got some Chinese Medicine stuff (i have no idea what it's called...). It comes in a BRIGHT green bottle, and one is called 'anti-scurfing'. Those ones are amazing, but i haven't found them here. i got them in Chongqing.

Did you burn your head? I used a lovely colour (on the box) - I tend towards purples, and it was a gorgeous dark grape colour, but i burnt my scalp and decided not to bother again!

Now i bring dye with me from the UK.

the.fee.fairy
January 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Sorry, I cna't help. I was in CHina for a couple years and now am in Korea looking to go back to China. All I can say is that every time I go home, I literally go with empty suitcases and bring lots of stuff back. What are you doing in China and where are you?

I'm in Jiangsu, Huaian City.

I'm (predictably...) teaching English to University students. I have a degree in English Language and Literature and decided it was finally time to use it. I've been in Chongqing for two years, and moved here in October.

Hotrox
January 4th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Hotrox, i am unbelievably close. I'm in Huaian.

I've got some local shampoo and conditioner and it seems to be working well.
I got some Chinese Medicine stuff (i have no idea what it's called...). It comes in a BRIGHT green bottle, and one is called 'anti-scurfing'. Those ones are amazing, but i haven't found them here. i got them in Chongqing.

Did you burn your head? I used a lovely colour (on the box) - I tend towards purples, and it was a gorgeous dark grape colour, but i burnt my scalp and decided not to bother again!

Now i bring dye with me from the UK.

Sadly, we are not so close :(

Yes, the hair dye burnt, I think it is much stronger that we are used and my mid brown pretty much came out black - which is not a good look on me. I have stopped dying altogether now and embracing the few greys coming in.

I do get on with the Japanese S and C's that are available here - Supermild and the one with Tsbuki oil or something, but they are very cone heavy I think so I avoid them now.

I will look out for your ant-scruffing stuff, just for the name if nothing else :D

the.fee.fairy
January 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
I know, it amused me when i first saw it, so i had to give it a go.

It's like a clarifying shampoo (i think). They do conditioner too, which is really nice. I have no idea what the ingredients are. My hair is pretty well behaved and doesn't play up with cones or anything else.