PDA

View Full Version : How much for a pillowcase?

Monkey962
January 3rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
I've been thinking of getting a satin pillowcase for some time now, and I'm curious what others have paid for them. I read a review for an expensive 'As Seen on TV' pillowcase that is touted to reduce wrinkles and help your skin retain moisture, but a couple of reviews suggested that the product was a scam, and one person also recommended a $6 silk satin pillowcase, which sounds like an awfully good price.

I'm also curious what the difference between satin and charmeuse is. That expensive pillowcase was charmeuse, and I'm not entirely sure what that means. Is it a different weave than a satin weave?

JasmineRoses
January 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
I've used a satin pillowcase for years. I really love it and prevents major frizz. I purchased mine at Sally's. I know I spent less than 10 dollars but I can't remember the exact prize. So I checked the website and it says they're 8.99. I've had mine in gold and black.

aisha.christine
January 3rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Charmeuse is a thinner satin weave. I have a charmeuse pillowcase and it wrinkles really easily and is a PITA to wash (have to do it by hand).
I paid $20 for my pillowcase on sale. I think I saved like $10. But it's silk, not polyester. So, when looking at prices, the material is usually what your seeing price-wise. If you like polyester, I say go for it. Lots of people love their polyester pillowcases. I just find that silk breathes better.

Arashi
January 3rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
I've made my own, with silk and satin bought from the remnants section at the fabric store. It didn't cost more than a dollar or two for each pillow case.

AspenSong
January 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
I've got 5 satin pillowcases...I got one at Bed, Bath and Beyond and it cost me over $10 - which to me, seemed crazy. lol

But then upon a thrift store trip, I found some brand new satin pillowcases, much nicer quality than what I bought, fo $1 each. Can't beat that!

TammyT
January 4th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I just bought a couple on ebay for $2 !!

Kelikea
January 4th, 2012, 05:00 AM
For polyester satin, they should be under $10, I paid $7 at Anna's and for 100% silk you will pay around $20 or so. Now, if you find deals at thrift stores or ebay, you might find better prices:)