PDA

View Full Version : How much growth do you think this is?

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
I've never measured my hair and I just recently got serious about growing it out long. I was looking through pictures yesterday and I cam across one from April '11 and I had shoulder length hair (like straightened the ends were right touching the tops of my shoulders). Here's a picture from a couple weeks ago. I drew lines to show shoulder in April to where I am now. How much growth in inches does it look like? I'm trying to figure out about how much my hair grows a month. :confused: Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399570_3049275909642_1195530046_33394716_110909926 4_n.jpg

Amber_Maiden
January 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
6in? 8in? Around there....

moon2dove
January 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
My guess is 6inches? Quite hard to tell looking at a photo!

terryn
January 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
You'll have to mention how tall you are and if your legs/torso are in even proportion to get a somewhat accurate response. This distance is different on everyone and without some kind of average, there's no way to guess.

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for your guesses ladies! It dawned on me after I posted this that I could just go to my grandma's house and use her measuring tape to measure from my shoulders down. :doh: :ohmy:

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
7-8"? Let us know when you figure it out. That is SUPER growth....geez.

Envy.

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
You'll have to mention how tall you are and if your legs/torso are in even proportion to get a somewhat accurate response. This distance is different on everyone and without some kind of average, there's no way to guess.

I'm 5' and I have no idea if my legs/torso are in even proportion. It's not something I've ever paid attention to. lol. I would say that I'm evenly proportioned though or my torso is a little longer than my legs. Hmmm... something else to measure!

Envy.

I will check back in and let you know what I find out! Thanks!

Diamond.Eyes
January 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
That is so much hair growth :bigeyes:! Congratulations! I would say that is at least 6 inches. :)

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Ok, my SO got 8 inches when he measured from my shoulders to the end of my hair. My friend got 7 inches. So 7-8 inches in 9 months. So that's .77 or .88 inches a month in growth, right?. :)

From my shoulders to waist is 14 inches and from shoulder to hips is 18 inches, so if my hair keeps growing at this rate I could possibly hit my hips by Christmas '12! :cheese:

(Please correct me if my math is off!)

And we also measured my body:

Hips to head = 27 inches
Hips to feet = 33 inches

So, I have a shorter torso than legs. :)

suzye
January 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Wow, I wish I had growth like that. Your hair looks amazing!

aisha.christine
January 3rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
WOW. Your growth is fantastic. And it looks so pretty too.
Congratulations on so much beautiful growth :)

Mesmerise
January 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Wow that is some FAST hair growth! If my hair grew that fast, I'd chop it back to my shoulders now to get thicker ends :rolleyes:. Alas I would be lucky to achieve half that in the same time.

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
That is so much hair growth :bigeyes:! Congratulations! I would say that is at least 6 inches. :)

Thank you! I'm completely in love with your hair! :o

Wow, I wish I had growth like that. Your hair looks amazing!

Thank you! I'm really excited to start this new "hair chapter" in my life :)

WOW. Your growth is fantastic. And it looks so pretty too.
Congratulations on so much beautiful growth :)

Thank you! I'm going to be babying the heck out of it now that I know what it can do!

WinterTree
January 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
WOW!!!!:bounce: That's amazing growth. It gives me inspiration to continue to be patient and wait for the hair growth to happen. :)

jacqueline101
January 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
I'd say 8 inches

Lostsoule77
January 3rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
That is some really quick hair growth! Lucky you! :)

Lissandria
January 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
WOW that is some growth. :agape: Nice hair, too :D

PixxieStix
January 3rd, 2012, 09:07 PM
I am so completely jealous of your hair growth rate! What I wouldn't give for my hair to grow that fast. It is looking fabulous as well. :D I can't wait to see where it is hitting at the end of this year. Congrats!

drquartz1970
January 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Fantastic progress there!

beachgirlla
January 3rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
no matter how many inches that going to be, I was going to guess 8 inches, lol, plus the growth looks amazing on you, I mean you will reach the tail bone in no time :)

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! :grouphug:

This community has been a blessing to find! All of you inspire me to do awesome things with my hair. I CAN'T wait for December now to show you all my progress! And I look forward every day to seeing others progress :hifive:

WaitingSoLong
January 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Envy.

First I would like to say...I WAS RIGHT. lol I don't get to say that often. :p

Ok, my SO got 8 inches when he measured from my shoulders to the end of my hair. My friend got 7 inches. So 7-8 inches in 9 months. So that's .77 or .88 inches a month in growth, right?. :)

From my shoulders to waist is 14 inches and from shoulder to hips is 18 inches, so if my hair keeps growing at this rate I could possibly hit my hips by Christmas '12! :cheese:

(Please correct me if my math is off!)

And we also measured my body:

Hips to head = 27 inches
Hips to feet = 33 inches

So, I have a shorter torso than legs. :)

Secondly, your math is correct, so you are averaging 3/4"+ per month. At that rate you acquire 9 1/4 - 10 1/2 inches a year! :eek: I barely get 6. :(

More envy :D.

In 2010 I got a solid 1/2" or +, but last year it was between 1/4 and 1/2", depending on the month. I tried everything to maximize my growth rate...nothing helped. (the ironic part is that it slowed when I began eating healthier...my hair must grow on FATS and CARBS)

Anyway, it is nice to see someone so excited about their hair journey.