PDA

View Full Version : Classic in 2012! Join me :O)

Pages : [1] 2

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
I noticed there are a large amount of LHCers with a goal of Classic in 2012 so I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread.

Roll call...who's with me?

I have 3" to go.

I should actually reach it by late spring but plan to maintain awhile. I hit it last year and trimmed back toTBL. My year-end 2012 goal is to be a solid Classic with healthy ends and my blunt slight-U hemline.

The List- let me know if you have stats to add. I will automatically update what I see in this thread. There will be a roll-call update July 1st.

Starting length in inches- # of inches to go (SL= starting length, CL= current length)

1. WaitingSoLong- SL:39"- CL:42" GOAL-updated December
2. fairlight63- 38" -? to go
3. princessp- 39" -3" to go
4. 3azza- ? -2" to go
5. Nastasia - ? -1-2" to go
6. white.chocolate- GOAL-updated December
7. RapunzelKat- ? -.5" to go- Updated July
8. skyblue- SL:38.5"- CL:40.5" 1.5" to go- Updated July
9. longhairedlady- ? - (a few inches?) to go
10. Juneii - ? -2-3" to go
11. MonaLisa- 35" -6" to go
12. FloridaMom- 38.5" -1.5" to go- dropped out (cut back to hip)
13. (katsrevenge)- ? -12" to go?
14. Lostsoule77- SL:38"- CL:42" GOAL-updated December
15. Syrena- ? -2" to go- dropped out
16. Sundial- SL:33"- CL:36" DROPPED out, happy at TBL- Updated July
17. wicked kisses- ? -? to go
18. Alvrodul- ? 2" to go- Updated July
19. daniew0708- ? -4" to go
20. long&blonde- ? -? to go
21. Sushi144- 34" -6" to go
22. shikara- ? -6" to go
23. Rivanariko- ? -3-4"to go
24. mimi1153- 39"- 4" to go
25. SteelRose- ? -? to go
26. Kindredraeven- ? -11" to go
27. Dark Rapunzel- ? -4" to go
28. younghippie- ? -4-5" to go
29. natnatsmama- ? -? to go
30. Avital88- 38" - dropped out- cut hair- Updated October
31. Ishje- ? -2"to go- dropped out- cut back to chin! to get reach of bleach and damage
32. jel- 43" -1.5" to go
33. Barbie Diamond- ? -2" to go
34. C.H.- 37" -4.5" to go
35. Emerald88- ? -3" to go
36. Snippety- 40.5" -2.5" to go
37. Veviticus- 37" -? to go
38. Hairizona- 40.25" - GOAL-updated December
39. Malibu Barbie- 38.5" - 9"to go
40. SomethingCooler- SL:35.5"- CL:40" 5" to go- Updated July
41. kjirstiben- 43" -3.5" togo
42. bna rapunzel- ? -? to go
43. Rhodugue- 42.5" GOAL-updated December
44. JesusFreak88- ? -0 to go
45. Anywhere- ? -6" to go
46. spidermom
47. Kamir0- 37" -6" to go
48. Corylina- 38" -6" to go
49. sycamoreboutiqu- 38" -5" to go
50. Suguru- SL:96cm- CL:104cm 6cm to go- Updated July
51. IvanaGil- CL:39.75" 2" to go- Updated July
52. Cupofmilk- 3" to go- Updated July
53. Kira33- 33" -4" to go- Updated July
54. Naphthylamine- 34.25" -4.25" to go- Updated July
55. kmoc123 GOAL-updated December

Fairlight63
January 3rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
I will join you :D I am at 38" now, about TBL. I have been trimming off a tiny amount every month or 2 to try & thicken it up.
My hair is much thinner than yours is, but I wear it up all of the time anyway, so it doesn't matter.
I have worn it up so much that when I wear it down it doesn't feel comfortable. I feel like that it will get tangled up, or get in the way of what I am doing, so I put it up. Plus if I am cooking I always put it up, nothing worse than finding hair in your food:mad:

As of 2/27 I am at 38.5" so I have 3.5" to go to be at 42".

princessp
January 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm in too! I think I have 3 or 4 inches to go depending on what happens to the wurls at that length. :cheese:

ETA: Okay I just looks at my stats it looks like I am currently around 39" and need 42" to hit classic. That is definitely doable for 2012 even with a little trim (and I desperately need one).

3azza
January 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm in too. I'm two inches away from classic when my hair is stretched, but my goal is to be at classic when curly! i don't know if it is possible this year. Curls are kind of unpredictable when it comes to length! :)

Nastasia
January 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm in! I'm only an inch or two away right now, but I'm probably going to need a trim in a month or two. Still, classic is eminently achievable this year. :D

white.chocolate
January 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm in! But I'll most probably reach classic length by mid-2012. Then I plan to have trim, and then continue growing it from there.

RapunzelKat
January 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Count me in! I think I have 1-2 inches to go, plus I need to trim roughly 2 inches to get rid of splits, so I'm hoping to reach classic around summer. There's a pretty current length pic in my album, but I'm posting from my smartphone and I couldn't figure out how to put it in my post :rolleyes:
With luck, I may actually get a bit past classic by the end of 2012! :D

skyblue
January 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh! Oh! I'm in! I have about 4 inches to go I'm hoping to be at classic by July or August! I'm so excited about this! I know I've never been that length I can't wait!

longhairedlady
January 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Im in!! I have a few inches or so.

Juneii
January 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
me too! I think I have 2-3 inches left to go, I am taking my time though, I still have a bit of my layers left that I want to get rid of as well.

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Juneii, you already look classic to me!
Yippee!! Journey friends :)

CynthiaK
January 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
I have 16 inches to go.
Mission impossible? I think so.

MonaLisa
January 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
I'm not yet TBL i think, but think I could join you :)
Healthy look and decent ends are more important than length to me, but maybe it's all together doable in 2012 so yay! :)
I just want to see what Classic feels/looks like, I doubt I am going to keep it that long, but it's such a chellenge to try..
Sort of fear I can't also...This, now, is already longer than I've ever gone!

Florida Mom
January 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'm in! I am only an inch or so away when hair is soaking wet. When dry I have a couple of inches to go! Looks like I will have to update my sig epic since that one is pretty old.

katsrevenge
January 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
I've about a foot to go!

I might be able to do it.. if I cut back with the trims.

WaitingSoLong
January 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
I had already decided to put up my measuring tape until at least April. I was one of those neurotic measurers, once a week I'd say. It has been since Thanksgiving and...funny...I don't miss it at all. In fact, I think MUCH less about my hair now. I am finally able to actualize benign neglect, which was hard since finding TLHC and becoming "hair aware".

I think it will be fun to reach Classic again. No measuring, no stress. It will get there when it gets there. Plus I wear my hair up pretty much constantly in winter. I even wash it less.

I am mostly curious how long it will take me to get back there. We shall see! My guess is between May and July. I don't plan to trim until December, when I intend to cut back to Classic from however much I have (hopefully) exceeded Classic. Then, perhaps, on to thigh in 2013?

LOL.

One year at a time.

Lostsoule77
January 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'll join you. :) I'm pretty sure I'm right at TBL now. My longest hairs are 3" away from classic when stretched. I haven't trimmed since January 1st of last year so I think I'm gonna get a trim sometime soon. Even with that I hope to reach a nice solid classic length by the end of 2012.

WaitingSoLong
January 4th, 2012, 07:55 AM
lostsoule--- what does 43mab mean?

Syrena
January 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I will join to. My hair is at my lower but now but I am trimming all my hair growth (since November) because I desperately need to thicken up my ends. But starting July I will trim only half of my growth. I need 2 inch until classic…hopefully I can make it until the end of 2012 with my trim schedule…we’ll see J

Sundial
January 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I'm really short and have reached a lot of milestones in 2011. I might reach classic by the end of 2012 with quarterly dustings if my hair continues growing at the same rate. As it is, I'm about 6" from classic. It might be a bit ambitious but no harm in trying for it :pray:

wicked kisses
January 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hmm... once I get it acting better, I'm in. Fairy Tale ends, curlywurly, whatever. I don't trim much, so who knows. I can't tell how long it is without the curliness, so I *guess* it's around TBL if straight.

Florida Mom
January 4th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Ok so here is my new sig pic - sorry for the poor quality but it's the best I could get this morning! Anyway I just have an inch or two to go to get to Classic - then maintaining to thicken up the hemline!

princessp
January 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Ok so here is my new sig pic - sorry for the poor quality but it's the best I could get this morning! Anyway I just have an inch or two to go to get to Classic - then maintaining to thicken up the hemline!

Wow your hair looks so gorgeous and healthy. Do you henna?

Alvrodul
January 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'm in! :D I reached tailbone around the end of November, and right now classic is about 10 or 12 cm away (4-5 inches for those who don't use the metric system). This is eminently achievable for me!
since I got rid of the last of the chemical damage with my last biggish trim this summer, I have also seen few splits! :D They are there, but far, far fewer of them than I used to have. If this continues, I will maybe not need much trimming this year, but I still expect to have a trim around the end of June or beginning of July, but we'll see.
I should reach classic some time in the autumn, but just when is dependent on how much I'll trim :cool:

daniew0708
January 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'm in, i have about 4 inches to go. I plan to reach classic then trim and grow back out.

Florida Mom
January 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
@ princessp: Wow thanks for the compliment! No I do not henna.... my hair just gets a natural red highlight from the sun... new growth is dark dark brown though.

long&blonde
January 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Classic is my goal too, I'm at bcl, & haven't a clue as to where classic would be on me! So I can't estimate if I'll hit it 2012 or ??? I'm thinking I'll sit down at work one day, and OMG:classic!

Lostsoule77
January 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
lostsoule--- what does 43mab mean?

43" maybe :)
I put that shortly after I joined and that would be classic length on me. :D Not sure if I can deal with my hair that long because the longest it's ever been is TBL. If I can though I think I'll keep growing to mid-thigh in 2013.

Sushi144
January 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm in ! \o/

Don't know if that's physically possible considering my hair stopped at tailbone a few years ago...
But as I just got a trim and began to really care about my hair, a miracle might happen !

Ready for this tough journey !

shikara
January 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Im in too, but Im sure Ill need the full year and a full six inches to comfortably get there. Maybe if I do exercises to lift my butt, I can fool myself into getting there quicker:D. Not sure how my ends will be either, as I was going to maintain and thicken up after about two inches more or so, but classic is so darn pretty!! Cheers - heres to the growing road ahead!!

Sushi144
January 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe if I do exercises to lift my butt, I can fool myself into getting there quicker:D

Sounds like a good plan, I think I'll try that too ! ;)

Rivanariko
January 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I'm in! I thought I'd hit classic last year, but my hair stalled last year, I'm blaming stress and water quality. I'm going to try to be much more friendly to my hair this year and get those last few inches! I think I'm about 3-4 inches away, but I'll probably trim and maintain some as the year progresses. My ends get thin and velcro-y pretty quickly.

mimi1153
January 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Me, too! I'm at 39 And I think I need 43. I hope I'll make it without becoming terminal.

MonaLisa
January 5th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Fear of terminal is getting to me now, too...when I decided I wanna try CL....sigh...

SteelRose
January 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm jumping in here. The very ends of my hair are barely classic now, but my goal for 2012 is to get a lot more of my layers evened to classic. I have layers all the way from MBL to CL and I'm trying to get things evened out while also getting rid of chemical damage with trims. Here's hoping for progress!

princessp
January 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
@ princessp: Wow thanks for the compliment! No I do not henna.... my hair just gets a natural red highlight from the sun... new growth is dark dark brown though.

Wow it's beautiful it's actually my dream hair, dark, long, healthy, thick, and straight *sigh* but alas I could never get away with hair that dark and my hair is way wurlier too.

Kindredraeven
January 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Ohh how I would LOVE to reach classic by the end of this year..... I cut an inch and a half off just yesterday ( Jan 4th ) so now I have 11 inches to go :( not sure I can make it,,, but I will try to get as close as I can :crush:

jojo
January 5th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Oh I so wish i could join this thread 15" to go for me, so nearly 4 years :( but good luck to you all, hope you reach your goals!

Dark Rapunzel
January 5th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Me too! I have 4 inches to go, but I'm trying some tricks to help my hair grow a little faster....

Dark Rapunzel
January 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I noticed there are a large amount of LHCers with a goal of Classic in 2012 so I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread.

Roll call...who's with me?

I have 3" to go.

I should actually reach it by late spring but plan to maintain awhile. I hit it last year and trimmed back toTBL. My year-end 2012 goal is to be a solid Classic with healthy ends and my blunt slight-U hemline.
Your hair is stunning! When I get to classic I'm maintaining it to get rid of weird layers and keep a blunt cut like you! *drool*

younghippie
January 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'll hop on board this train too!
I am currently at BCL and I now sit on the very tips of my hair when I am on soft squishy things. I need maybe 4-5 more inches and I don't trim so I should have fairytale ends at classic by the end of the year!
Yay! Another thread for me to haunt!

natnatsmama
January 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hmmm I may join in too! I might not be quite there by next Christmas but I will sure try! 6 more inches and I should be just below tailbone.

Florida Mom
January 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
@ princessp : Thanks! My dream hair is so not what I have - I want wurly and curly light colored hair with body that doesn't just lay there! LOL Want to trade j/k

Avital88
January 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I'm joining too!! Glad this thread exists!
Right now im at 38 inches, with approximately 6 inches to go, i want to be at classic before September this year.
It must be possible, i have a good growthrate,especially in summer.
So 44 inches here i come, if i just drop the pounds i might be there quicker:p

Ishje
January 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I am joining in with you all :D I have only 2 inch to go, so I am pretty sure 2012 will be my year!

ALongSummerWind
January 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I would love to get to classic by 2012 end:)

jel
January 6th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm in! :D

Not sure when I'll reach it - it's a couple of inches away (some ends are already at that length when wet) but I may be trimming a bit more this year to thicken the ends. Or I may decide to go no-trims again!

princessp
January 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
@ princessp : Thanks! My dream hair is so not what I have - I want wurly and curly light colored hair with body that doesn't just lay there! LOL Want to trade j/k

Lol Yes! :D

Barbie Diamond
January 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm in. I have about 2 inches to go but probably need to thicken the ends a little too!

C.H.
January 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I'm in. I've got about 4.5 inches to go and my hair seems to grow a little faster than 1/2 inch per month--it's grown about 4 inches since June, so I should reasonably reach classic some time this summer. My plan is to grow to classic and then either maintain or cut back depending on how I feel about it.

It's also just about my 1 year anniversary since my last trim. I can't think of when I've let my hair go that long without a trim before. But it's in pretty good condition. I mean, I'm getting some thinning/taper toward the ends, but it's not terrible and they're still looking pretty darn healthy considering how long it's been.

It's kind of interesting when you're going for classic you're getting in the realm of terminal for many people and until now the concept of terminal was not a thought in my world. And now my length goals are not just a matter of whim, but I actually have to consider the possibility of terminal.

Emerald88
January 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I'll join in. I was past classic for about 5 or 6 years, but I just cut off 7 inches, so I am about 3 inches above classic right now and I want to keep my ends trimmed for thickness and reach classic also this year.

Snippety
January 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm in ! I'm not sure how far I have to go. I am going to do a micro trim and a measure on Monday so wish me luck. I'm beginning to worry that my bum is sagging faster than my hair is growing and I'll never get there !:p

WaitingSoLong
January 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I'm beginning to worry that my bum is sagging faster than my hair is growing and I'll never get there !:p

:p LOL :p

I noticed many of us are not just trying to reach Classic but with a healthy hemline, too.

(Terms I did not know and things I was ignorant about before TLHC:
Classic (APL, BCL, TBL, etc), terminal, hair measuring, hemline, micro-trim, dusting, sulfates, cones, ficcare, bun covers, you can OIL your hair?, you can NOT wash every day?, tangle teezer, waterfall braid, BBB....I could go on and on.)

Diamond.Eyes
January 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I plan on being at classic length by the end of 2013...I don't think that counts though :oops: haha

Ishje
January 8th, 2012, 02:38 AM
so, I did some measuring and my hair is 100 cm at the moment ^^
it feels a bit like a magic number to me :D
I think I have about 5 cm to go for classic, so if my hair grows 1 cm a month I should be there in May :D
after that I will keep my hair on classic for a while to thicken up the ends, maybe until January 2013 or even longer.

Veviticus
January 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I just measured my hair last night and I'm at 37inches, which is a little past TBL, so I'm throwing my hair in with the rest of you.:D

WaitingSoLong
January 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Out of curiosity, how far is TBL to Classic on everyone? It is 4" on me. I go by the very bottom of my tailbone.

Veviticus
January 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Out of curiosity, how far is TBL to Classic on everyone? It is 4" on me. I go by the very bottom of my tailbone.

I might be wrong but I thought that classic was at the bottom of my butt.:confused:

WaitingSoLong
January 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM
OK, we have 36 or 37 in for this! I wasn't quite sure about katsrevenge.

Should I make a list on the first post? We can have everyone with starting length, then a mid-year length, then the final results in December?

skyblue
January 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I think thats a great idea WaitingSoLong!
I am at 38.5 right now

WaitingSoLong
January 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Ok, This Should Link Back To The First Post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85265) where I posted everything that I think was officially joining the journey and the best stats I could glean.

If you have info to add you can just post here, don't PM me or anything! And I will automatically add those that join in, too.

For newcomers, please let me know your starting length ininches (if known) and how many inches you have to go to classic. Thanks!

Snippety
January 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Good idea ! Ok I micro trimmed and measured this evening. I am very nearly almost there ! My hair is now 40.5 inches long (103cm). I reckon I need anothe couple of inches to say I'm really there so my target would be 43 inches. hoping to be there by June :)

Hairizona
January 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
My hair length is 40 1/4" and the middle part pulled straight is at classic. I think I have to say classic without assistance for me is 41 1/2", so I have 1 1/4" to go.

C.H.
January 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
WaitingSoLong, I'm currently at 37 inches.

Malibu Barbie
January 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I'm at 38.5, I'm going to try and make it to classic. I'm trying to avoid my urges to cut.

SomethingCooler
January 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM
35.5 starting, 9 to go. Is that doable? I hope so!

Sushi144
January 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I'm at 34 inches, probably 6 to go. I hope so much my hair can still grow and that I'm not at term ! ><

Florida Mom
January 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I just measured at 38.5 inches...... 40 inches is classic....... so please update me on your list! THANKS!

Veviticus
January 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I just measured at 38.5 inches...... 40 inches is classic....... so please update me on your list! THANKS!

Florida Mom your hair is fabulous! I loooove the color!!

princessp
January 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
WaitingSoLong, would you be so kind as to update me too? I am currently at 39" and I need around 42" to be classic.

C.H.
January 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I can't believe how many of us there are. I'm really looking forward to the July check-in!

jel
January 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Bottom of my tailbone is 40", and classic seems to be 44.5".

Currently, my hair measures just over 43" :D

ETA: I might need to buy a pair of these tights (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2082994/Rear-year--seconds-Miracle-bum-shaper-tights-blast-Christmas-bulge-effort-required.html) to get to classic sooner! :silly:

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
WSL I love that idea! My current stat of 38" is correct as of my last measure.

I can't beleive how many of us are this close to classic! Should make this a fun thread for the year. :D

Sundial
January 10th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm at 33" now and classic is 39" on me so I have 6" more to go

ETA: Adding picture of my length as of January 2012 so that there's comparison when we measure in later in the year

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hpm91j.jpg

kjirstiben
January 11th, 2012, 01:35 AM
I'll join in here, too... I'm at somewhere between 42.5 and 43.5 inches (changes every time I measure -- sigh), and classic is probably 46 or 47 inches. Arrrgh... very long torso. However, due to the curl in my hair, it's probably only visually about 39" or so, depending on my hair's texture du jour.

Picture as of last weekend, for the January starting point:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3SpwPKaeWB4/TwiwYiQh8nI/AAAAAAAACZU/CdYUIGWS_c8/s512/IMG_00180.jpg

(Yay for two-toned henna-growing-out hair!)

ETA: For tracking purposes, I'll claim 43" now and 46.5" for classic. Split the middle.

skyblue
January 11th, 2012, 02:58 AM
opps sorry forgot to say how far to go, on me classic is 44 inchs so thats 5.5 to go

WaitingSoLong
January 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM
I can't beleive how many of us are this close to classic! Should make this a fun thread for the year. :D

I was thinking this, too, and I wonder how many of us wouldn't be this close if not for TLHC!

ETA: For tracking purposes, I'll claim 43" now and 46.5" for classic. Split the middle.
Thanks for making thateasy on me! LOL.I was going to round.

I just adore your hair!

C.H.
January 11th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I for one can say for certain that it would never have occurred to me to let my hair grow this long if it weren't for LHC. When you belong to a community that actually celebrates long hair, as opposed to looking at it as an oddity, it makes a huge difference. Positive reinforcement.

WaitingSoLong
January 11th, 2012, 06:05 AM
How many plan to go past Classic in 2013? I know it is REALLY premature to ask...LOL.

I hope to eventually get to knee so if all goes well this year, I will probably move on to FTL in 2013. Perhaps reaching knee by the end of 2014. that is very optimistic, though! Who knows where term is on me or how much I may need to trim. Or maybe I will cut back to waist once my virgin roots make it there.

Guess I better stick with one-year-at-a-time.

MonaLisa
January 11th, 2012, 06:12 AM
My current length is 35 inches and I think classic on me is 41, so 6 inches to go!
I lost my mesuring tape, so this is almost guessing. Will update it if there will be major changes when I measure!

Sundial
January 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
How many plan to go past Classic in 2013? I know it is REALLY premature to ask...LOL.

Classic is the final goal for me ;) as you can tell, I'm really *really* short so I don't want people associating me with Cousin Itt from the back :o

Veviticus
January 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I think classic on me would be 45inches. I pray to be there in maybe a year or two.:pray:

Isadora
January 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I hope I could reach classic in december 2013. I´m not tall, 1.63m and my hair is 30" long. I´m optimistic and hope it will work out ;)

skyblue
January 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'll probably have to micro trim for the next whole year (2013) to help my very thin ends then I will go for my final goal of finger tip if by some miracle I make it there I will maintain for a bit again then maybe let it go just to see where I go term

Long_hair_bear
January 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Classic is 38 inches on me. I'm currently at 24. Ya, I got aways. Hopefully, the monistat will work.

bna_rapunzel
January 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
It just hit me that... by the end of this year, I will be at (or almost at) classic! :D
That came quickly. I'm pretty excited I can be a part of this thread! :)

Lostsoule77
January 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM

I just might. I have to see if I can deal with CL first. If I can I might try for mid thigh. It all depends though. I do have to trim soon (my ends are getting tangly.) I'm thinking once I get to CL I'll possibly start microtrimming to even my hemline up a bit. I don't want a completely blunt hemline, but I would like my U hemline to be much more shallow. :)

kjirstiben
January 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be growing past Classic next year... my stated goal is terminal, though I've never been certain if I'm really planning on reaching it. I might wait until my natural color is waist length, then cut off the henna, or I might just keep growing...

I have to grow past classic in order to make my hair actually look classic length (since the length gets eaten up by the wurls), so the goal after classic will be "classic when dry", which I expect I can probably reach by the end of this year. Then maybe a trim and some hemline maintenance next year... It's fun to consider!

RapunzelKat
January 11th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Me!! My goal is to see just how long my hair can get :D I'm hoping for at least FTL or knee :cheese: So I will definitely be letting it keep grow!

C.H.
January 12th, 2012, 09:10 PM

I can't see it. I mean you know how LHC is, length goals tend to shift ever longer...but I just can't see myself wanting hair longer than classic. Even classic seems overly long to me, but I want to get there and see how I feel about it before deciding. Lately I'm thinking that my hair doesn't have the thickness to look very good much longer than it is, except when I wear it curly. I personally like a very thick hemline, and don't think I will be able to tolerate the inevitable taper/fairytaling that happens as you approach terminal length.

But anyway, even if I change my mind about going past classic, I will probably spend 2013 maintaining, as I will have gone 1.5-2 years without a trim or even dusting and will want to thicken things up. Yeah, the only way I would consider going longer is if my hemline is looking fab at classic.

princessp
January 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Wow pictures, Sundial and kjirstiben you both have gorgeous hair! I'll try to take a picture this weekend.

WSL, I don't know if I'll go past classic. I'll be happy just to get there! I think I'll try to thicken up my hemline for a spell before I try to go any further. But I guess you never know. :)

WaitingSoLong
January 13th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Lately I'm thinking that my hair doesn't have the thickness to look very good much longer than it is, except when I wear it curly. I personally like a very thick hemline, and don't think I will be able to tolerate the inevitable taper/fairytaling that happens as you approach terminal length.

I have this issue as well but am finally starting to consider FTE's. Who knows where term is on me and whether I will grow long enough to find out, but the last time I trimmed (October 3+") I have had trouble with the ends ever since. They are the healthiest they have been in YEARS and I can't get the darn things to stay in updos at all. I didn't like the damage, but the velcroe-ness of the ends sure did help with buns.
I was really anti-FTE until now. Now I am thinking my hair would look good about knee length at term with FTE's.
Then again, like you said, goals are constantly changing! Since I hit Classic once, I have an idea whether I will like it or not and I really DIDN'T like it, as far as manageability, but maybe I will like FTL better? I think I am curious how long my hair will grow and once I discover that I will settle on a chosen length.

Sushi144
January 13th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I'd like to go longer than classic in 2013, but trying to reach classic is already a challenge against my terminal length. So seems like a fantasy to me.

Florida Mom
January 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Right now I am planning to get to and stay at classic - wait for all my hair to catch up to make a nice hemline. Once they are all there, maybe I'll try for FTL, but that will be past 2013!

Rhodugune
January 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I'm in!
I've got a few inches to go, damn you long torso!
But on the other hand, my legs are really short, so I will reach knee in no time. :D

But my hair will reach classic this year, I gain about 13 cm/5 inches in a year, the when depends on how much trimming I have to do.

Here is a pic of my hair I've taken recently, not that far to go. :cheese:
I'm at 42.5 inches now.

http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_38/32850000-32859999/640x480/32851697.jpg (http://www.pixbox.se/pic32851697)

teal
January 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'd love to join but I think classic in 2012 might be a bit aggressive for me. My hair is just at hip now and it grows something less than an inch a month. (I'm avoiding monitoring it too closely to prevent the stircrazies :o so I don't really know how fast it grows. Also it's wavy which skews the measurements a bit.)

If I do reach it, I'd have to avoid all trims and it'd be at the end of the year.

Ishje
January 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
your hair looks great Rhodugune! you are nearly there.

Rhodugune
January 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM
your hair looks great Rhodugune! you are nearly there.

Thank you! :flowers:

I can believe that I we'll get there this year! :cheese:

JesusFreak88
January 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm in. I'm at Classic now but I need to chop a few inches to get rid of the split ends.

Anywhere
January 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
this is me. Lol. I'm at about 34, maybe 35 inches now? I need to be at 42 to have classic. I put my tape measure on the last half inch of my hair, put my other hand at 6", and if I don't cut at all this year I should make it.

spidermom
January 14th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I've been noticing this thread almost every day but waffling back and forth about what I want to do with my hair. Part of me wants to see how long it will grow, but the other part wants something shorter, easier, and quicker to dry.

Growing won out. I don't measure, so I have no idea how many more inches my hair needs to grow, but I'm sure that classic length will occur sometime this year.

MonaLisa
January 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I can't believe I'm growing with some of you guys....
Remember when I lurked beginning of 2011..admiring your manes...it seemed soooo far away for me :)

C.H.
January 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome, Spidermom! Seems like growing has a way to winning out in the end whenever I'm conflicted about length. It's like the decision we feel least likely to regret in the end...and TLHC enables.

Lostsoule77
January 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
C.H. you are so right!

Ishje
February 7th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I Had my boyfriend measure again last night, he say's it is only 3 more cm towards classic :D
so, another 3 month's to go! or, maybe even less, I hope.

Avital88
February 7th, 2012, 02:50 AM
i trimmed so much the last few months but from now on im back on the growing path, at least for some months, i only want to grow to classic with good ends so the trims were/are necessary, so still 6 inches to go but that should be do-able this year:)
Happy growing to great lengths all!

Kamir0
February 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I recently hit tailbone length at 37 inches! :disco:
May I join you guys? :D

Classic length is ~43 inches on me (bearing in mind I am only 5 foot 3, thanks mum for the super long torso!), so I can hope to reach it by the end of the year, especially since I am not planning on trimming until then. ;)

Once I reach classic length, I will probably maintain for a while since I have some damage and layers, and decide whether to carry on once I am happy with my hemline.

The thought of growing beyond classic has been maturing in the back of my head though, thanks to all the extreme longhairs here... :eyebrows:

princessp
February 7th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm glad this thread resurfaced because I forgot to subscribe (subscription now added!) Anyway, I noticed yesterday that my longest hairs are now right at classic while wet-hooray! :) I'm not counting this as my hair at classic, but at least I know I've made some progress. Of course I want to do a little trim today (full moon in Leo), so I'll lose those longest bits. But anyway, how is everyone else doing?

C.H.
February 7th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm glad this thread resurfaced because I forgot to subscribe (subscription now added!) Anyway, I noticed yesterday that my longest hairs are now right at classic while wet-hooray! :) I'm not counting this as my hair at classic, but at least I know I've made some progress. Of course I want to do a little trim today (full moon in Leo), so I'll lose those longest bits. But anyway, how is everyone else doing?

It's going well for me. Who knows how much growth I've had in the past month, but I've got a lot going on lately (most of it very good!), so fortunately don't have the time or inclination to scrutinize hair growth. I'd say my hair's being benignly neglected very well right now. The only downside is that I really intended to castor oil my scalp at least once or twice a week, but just haven't been dialed in to doing it regularly.

kjirstiben
February 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I'd been wondering what happened to this thread... Well, I measured last week and I now officially have 44"... only 2.5 to go until classic!

I've been playing around with the "tilt your head back and see how long your hair will be next year..." game and it looks like next year's goal will be fingertip...

...though I'm starting to think I'm going to need to pick a length to maintain, or a length to trim back to, in order to thicken up my ends. Hmmm.

Lightningfury
February 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I have three inches to go so maybe by June or July

Lostsoule77
February 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I thought I only had 3" to go based on my measurment when this thread started. I was probably stretching my hair or something. I decided to measure again and realize it's more like 4-5 inches, especially after reading a thread where someone mentioned the C shape of their behind. I have that same problem too. :) However, I'm debating trimming since I haven't since 01/01/11. My ends are being a tad tangly, but I haven't done much other than S&D. We'll see.

Either way I hope to still reach classic this year, it'll most likely be all the way to the end though. :shrug:

Sundial
February 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I thought I only had 3" to go based on my measurment when this thread started. I was probably stretching my hair or something. I decided to measure again and realize it's more like 4-5 inches, especially after reading a thread where someone mentioned the C shape of their behind. I have that same problem too. :) However, I'm debating trimming since I haven't since 01/01/11. My ends are being a tad tangly, but I haven't done much other than S&D. We'll see.

Either way I hope to still reach classic this year, it'll most likely be all the way to the end though. :shrug:

I understand the issue about measurement. I have a pronounced S arch and a flat butt, so it feels as though my last few milestones are really short compared to those on my upper torso. Growing the top half from shoulders to waist was a nightmare.

ETA: I have been wondering too if there are those in this challenge who are also concurrently in the No Trims Challenge or the Hair Up Challenge.

Masara
February 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm at 39 inches now, probably an inch or two until classic. But I really don't like the way my hair is see through for the last few inches. My first plan was to grow until classic and then trim, but I think I'm going to start a programme of trimming once a month (instead of 2/3 times a year at the moment) so I can get to classic with a thicker hemline.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/masara/hair/growth/100_0888.jpg

princessp
February 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I feel similarly. My hair is thinner as it goes down and I don't like it. I even thought my entire head was thinning at one point but then I measured and it was the same as it has always been at the base. This is uncharted territory so I'm not sure how I should go about my trims. I never ended up trimming with the moon-just ran out if time. But that doesn't change the fact that I need one!

Good to see the progress here. I'll try to post a picture soon to show mine. :)

Veviticus
February 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
UPDATE: I am now at 42 inches!:cheese:

spidermom
February 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I seem to have had a growth spurt lately. I guess my follicles have noticed that the days are a bit longer as we move toward spring. Grow hair grow!

WaitingSoLong
February 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I have decided not to measure until April but I know my growth stall has ended because the ends of my hair are sticking out of my sleep cap again. If I had to guess I would say I am back around 40" or so which leaves about 2" to just-Classic, but a good 3-4" to solid-Classic.

whine:
Long hair + static = mechanical damage. My hair floats and gets into windows, seatbelt things, drawers, doors, UGH. I can't wear my hair down AT ALL in winter and I am so freaking sick of updos.
end-of-whine.

Kamir0
February 12th, 2012, 12:55 PM
<snip>I have been wondering too if there are those in this challenge who are also concurrently in the No Trims Challenge or the Hair Up Challenge.

I have not trimmed since October 2010, and have been taking part in the "no trim" challenge since joining the LHC.

I am not officially taking part in the "hair up" challenge, but I always do anyway (unless I let my braid down, but that's it). I really want to minimize damage until I reach classic length... :D

I feel like I will want to start "dusting" regularly once I reach classic length though because my ends are starting to look lighter and feel drier than my length, even with oil...

lunalocks
February 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm at hip at 34 now, but have such a long back, classic is 46 inches. That's 12 more to go. maybe will make it in in 2013.

C.H.
February 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Have gained an inch. Woot. 3.5 to go.

Ishje
February 25th, 2012, 03:44 AM
that is great C.H.!

I have a bit of a hard time, my hair is in a bad state, dry and so many split ends.
to get it somewhat healthy again I should cut back to hip length at least, but I really don't want to.
on the other hand, I would love to have healthy ends this summer.

hopefully I can hold on a couple of month's more...I really should be able to reach Classic before my birthday.
and then I should be able to cut the growth every month, and after that it is bound to get better, right???
meanwhile I just keep up the moisture treatments.

C.H.
February 25th, 2012, 08:34 AM
that is great C.H.!

I have a bit of a hard time, my hair is in a bad state, dry and so many split ends.
to get it somewhat healthy again I should cut back to hip length at least, but I really don't want to.

hopefully I can hold on a couple of month's more...I really should be able to reach Classic before my birthday.
and then I should be able to cut the growth every month, and after that it is bound to get better, right???

Yes, yes! Stick with it Ishje! My ends are not ideal either, but I'm a firm believer that if you want to reach your length goals, you need to resist the urge to cut and just let it grow. You only have a few more months to go. Just baby it to death in the meantime and then you can maintain for as long as you need or want to and just enjoy the process of your hair looking better and better with each trim.

spidermom
February 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'm trying to resist cutting, too. Instead, I've been snipping the split ends that pop out of my braids, and :justy: there's so many of them! Sometimes I want to lop off the bottom 4 inches of my braid instead.

Easy Spidey...patience.

princessp
February 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm trying to resist cutting, too. Instead, I've been snipping the split ends that pop out of my braids, and :justy: there's so many of them! Sometimes I want to lop off the bottom 4 inches of my braid instead.

Easy Spidey...patience.

Lol that used to be my trimming method-don't do it! Your hair ends up lop-sided ha, it's kind of funny. :)

Sundial
February 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Have gained an inch. Woot. 3.5 to go.

:cheer: Grow hair grow!

that is great C.H.!

I understand how you're feeling! I'm currently at that state where I feel a need to cut my hair because I'm growing out my bangs and they used to be a blunt fringe so it seems like I have this heavy short awkward layer that does not blend in with the rest of my length. It's driving me nuts! It's like we keep telling ourselves that our hair growing is a "works in progress" and that we can start maintaining when we get to goal, but somehow at this point in time it's just plain frustrating.

I always feel super conscious about it and I'm having a lot of trouble styling it so it makes me feel extra frumpy :( Mostly I put it up in a bun so that it won't be noticed, but DH has been commenting lately that it's all I ever do with my hair now (Nope! Cinnamon buns, lazy wrap buns, braided buns, etc he can't tell the difference between one from the other and he says it's all just buns to him :rolleyes:) so I feel like I need to do something about it.

I'm still undecided about whether I should make a trip to the salon to get them to blend the bangs in. It makes me really nervous thinking about the possible layering they may create in the front just to get the bangs to blend because my buns have recently gotten neater with the layers getting longer so I would hate to have to start all over again, yet it would be nice to be able to wear my hair down without feeling bad about myself.

In any case Ishje and spidermom just bear with it! Even if you cut it back, as it grows longer you might encounter the same issues again. spidermom , Madora will tell you the exact same thing princessp did ;) I know she lopped the ends of her braid once and realized that it made her hemline lop-sided

Lipbalmbabe
February 25th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I know I don't fit into this thread but how long would it take to go from bsl to classic?

Sundial
February 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I know I don't fit into this thread but how long would it take to go from bsl to classic?

There's really a lot of factors to consider:
- the amount that your hair grows each month,
- the distance between each body markers (every individual's length at the same body marker will be different),
- and some people in this thread pointed out, sometimes how big your butt is also plays a part in how long it takes to grow to classic.

Therefore, someone may need 45" to get to classic while another needs only 39". Even if you have the same number of inches to go, you may take a longer time if your hair grows at an average rate of 0.5" per month versus someone whose hair grows at 1" per month. The best way to get a rough estimation of how long it will take you to reach your goal length is to measure your length at both BSL and classic, then keep track of your monthly measurement and divide the remaining inches by your monthly growth rate. That's how most of us get a rough estimation of how long it takes us to reach certain milestones. Hope that helps :flower:

Johanna
February 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm trying for classic this year! I'm going to avoid measuring monthly and just focus on looking after my hair. I will probably do a few dusting trims just to keep a nice hemline.
I think I'll try keep my hair in buns more often as well, just to look after my ends a bit more.

As far as length goes, It looks like I might need another 4 inches to get to classic. Got to get it over my sizeable rear lol.

Ishje
February 26th, 2012, 03:28 AM
thank you all for the peptalk!
I might have to accept that split ends and long hair just go together.
for now I will put the scissors away :)

Sundail, how long are your bangs now?
I am growing out mine as well, they are around bsl by now, I had them cut to blend in a bit more, and I have not many problems with the layers.
my bangs where not very thick though.

Sundial
February 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
thank you all for the peptalk!
I might have to accept that split ends and long hair just go together.
for now I will put the scissors away :)

Sundail, how long are your bangs now?
I am growing out mine as well, they are around bsl by now, I had them cut to blend in a bit more, and I have not many problems with the layers.
my bangs where not very thick though.

Just think of them as a buffer for the rest of your hair! ;) Even if you do trim, the newly exposed ends will be taking a beating too right? So if there are no splits and it's only Velcro ends then try to bear with it. At least that's what I've been telling myself anyway :D

My bangs are about an inch past my chin so they're at a really awkward stage now because they're not long enough to tuck behind my ears since I'm wearing a side part. I'm not sure whether the thickness/bluntness of the bangs or my ineptness at styling the issue here though. Does anyone have any styling tips for bangs at this length? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice rendered :bowtome:

Avital88
February 26th, 2012, 03:38 AM
that is great C.H.!

ahh same here! frustrating right? I really feel the urge to cut back to hip,and then grow healthy thick ends to classic. but i only like the look of waist or tailbone length on me,so i guess i just have to wait a few months and trim back to tailbone.
I'm also surprised by how spoiled i seem to be about hair, i used to be very happy with my hair before LHC but since being her for a while i now want the best ends,the healthiest look,the longest length etc etc..:cool:

C.H.
February 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm also surprised by how spoiled i seem to be about hair, i used to be very happy with my hair before LHC but since being her for a while i now want the best ends,the healthiest look,the longest length etc etc..:cool:

I hear you on this. Like, I need to have goddess hair and nothing less will do...

annamoonfairy
February 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I will join you, I am about two inches away and should reach classic by summer.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/annamoonfairy/Hair021420121.jpg

Alvrodul
February 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I had been worried about my hair for a couple of weeks, since it seemed dry, and the bottom 20 cm or so (where I have some mechanical damage from my pre LHC days) were very frizzy and difficult, but I had a good session of clarifying-and-SMT this weekend, and my hair looks and feels lovely again. I had been worrying that I would need to trim soon because of my hair being difficult, but there was evidently only a matter of buildup.
My hemline looked nice again, too! :D before I clarified, it had looked quite scraggly.
My growth is quite slow at the moment - I hope that improves as spring and summer comes on! :pray:
I am still not quite happy with the aforementioned bottom 20 cm, so I think that when I have reached classic, I will step up my trimming schedule, and maybe even pause there, at least until most or all of the damaged parts have been trimmed away. But we'll see. :) :meditate:

Annamoonfairy, your hair is such a stunning color!

Hairizona
February 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I think I'm showing officially as classic length. My hair is at 41" with some longer strands at 41.5", so I'm gonna go ahead and make it official!

Avital88
February 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I wanna change something..I said i needed 6 inches to classic, but that one i guessed, yesterday i measured and i actually only need 4.5 !
Very happy about that though:) i really hope to already be there early summer,it all depends on the growthgod's,i will wear it up as much as possible.

RapunzelKat
February 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I think I'm showing officially as classic length. My hair is at 41" with some longer strands at 41.5", so I'm gonna go ahead and make it official!

Congrats on reaching classic!! :happydance: Your hair is beautiful, Hairizona, I love the color ;).

Love watching everyone's progress! C'mon hair, grow! :D

C.H.
February 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Just think of them as a buffer for the rest of your hair! ;) Even if you do trim, the newly exposed ends will be taking a beating too right? So if there are no splits and it's only Velcro ends then try to bear with it. At least that's what I've been telling myself anyway :D

My bangs are about an inch past my chin so they're at a really awkward stage now because they're not long enough to tuck behind my ears since I'm wearing a side part. I'm not sure whether the thickness/bluntness of the bangs or my ineptness at styling the issue here though. Does anyone have any styling tips for bangs at this length? I'll be eternally grateful for any advice rendered :bowtome:

That's exactly how I think of it!

princessp
February 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome annamoonfairy and congratulations hairizona! Avital88, that is not too far to go. I have yet to take a picture of my hair, but my longest fairytales are at classic when wet (have I already posted that bit of news? Ah well). :)

Johanna
February 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I've been trying to learn more styles for me to try. If I'm going to grow to classic, I want to know more things to do with my hair so I can make the most of the length.
I've been learning new braid styles to do. I'm so happy, I can actually do 4, 5 and 8 strand braids now, yaaay! I used this resource http://www.stringpage.com/braid/medbraids/medbraids.html

Sundial - I had the same issues with my fringe that I grew out (I now have all on one length hair as of jan). I found the best way for me to keep my short bits out of the way was to do two small hippy style plaits at my temples. I plaited it with longer hairs so the length of the longer hairs pulled the shorter ones back. I then blend the plaits into the rest of my updo.

Be patient! I started growing out eyebrow length bangs in Jan 2008, I had trimmed them quite a lot (unnecessarily) when I was growing them out. My hair was bsl when I decided to get rid of them, they're finally gone!! Now to get rid of the pesky dye.

Ishje
February 29th, 2012, 01:43 AM

that is indeed a good way to look at my ends ;)
I used loads of clips and hair bands when I was growing out my bangs, and French braids helped as well.
now they stay in my English braid, and in nearly every other updo, and that means I don't notice them as much.

ahh same here! frustrating right? I really feel the urge to cut back to hip,and then grow healthy thick ends to classic. but i only like the look of waist or tailbone length on me,so i guess i just have to wait a few months and trim back to tailbone.

oh yes, that is a very good point, quite a few years back I had my hair at waist, I thought it was the longest in the world and I did not care at all about the split ends and I never realized it was dry.
untill cut back to shoulder, and then joined some long hair community's when I wanted to grow it out again.
things that are bothering me now never bothered me before XD
also, everytime I come to a new goal I think: allright, now I am gonna cut the growth for a while untill the ends are healty, but I want to reach classic so bad that it never happened XD

annamoonfairy your hair is so pretty :D

Sundial
February 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sundial - I had the same issues with my fringe that I grew out (I now have all on one length hair as of jan). I found the best way for me to keep my short bits out of the way was to do two small hippy style plaits at my temples. I plaited it with longer hairs so the length of the longer hairs pulled the shorter ones back. I then blend the plaits into the rest of my updo.

Be patient! I started growing out eyebrow length bangs in Jan 2008, I had trimmed them quite a lot (unnecessarily) when I was growing them out. My hair was bsl when I decided to get rid of them, they're finally gone!! Now to get rid of the pesky dye.

I tried it today and it actually worked! I tried it when my hair was about 1-2 inch shorter and there were short bits sticking out all over especially where the head starts to curve, so I gave up on it. :doh: it didn't occur to me that I should be trying it again when my hair is slightly longer because I thought it would end up haywire like the last attempt. But it appears to sit nicely now :D

that is indeed a good way to look at my ends ;)
I used loads of clips and hair bands when I was growing out my bangs, and French braids helped as well.
now they stay in my English braid, and in nearly every other updo, and that means I don't notice them as much.

I used to have to put a bit of oil in order to get it to stay in French/Dutch braids. I do an English braid for bed sometimes and it seems like my fringe isn't long enough just yet. Hairbands and clips are going to be my new best friends when I'm too lazy to braid :p

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ishje
March 8th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I have been cheating today, but it gives me such a good impression of how classic will look on me.
and I love it!!!
I really like the slight v shape it has, I might just want to keep that....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair&#37;20timeline/P1080930.jpg

and here is the actual length;
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1080928.jpg

Avital88
March 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I have been cheating today, but it gives me such a good impression of how classic will look on me.
and I love it!!!
I really like the slight v shape it has, I might just want to keep that....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1080930.jpg

and here is the actual length;
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ishjeheiden/hair%20timeline/P1080928.jpg

u fooled me there for a sec. i swear i really cant see its photoshopped,or you are really talented or i am really blind :P
Love the look of classic on you!

Ishje
March 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
ha ha ha, no it is is not photoshopped, and you are not blind either ;) I just tilted my head back a little when I took the picture.
thank you :D

Johanna
March 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
ha ha ha, no it is is not photoshopped, and you are not blind either ;) I just tilted my head back a little when I took the picture.
thank you :D

I think I might make a cheat photo to inspire me and see what mine will look like at classic :D

Corylina
March 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Can I join this? :)

I reached TB by the very beginning of the year and I was 38" at this time.
Now I'm a little beyond TB (almost 39") and hope Classic by december 2012. It's 44" for me.
So 5" to go from now ;)

Johanna
March 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Eeeeee! I finally broke the 40 inch mark! I'd been at 39.5" for ages and thought I'd never break through. Finally made it into the 40's. I'm looking at around 4 inches or so until classic. I will do it! :D

Florida Mom
March 17th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Just thought I'd update.... my ends were getting really, ratty. So I had to trim about two inches.... however, before the trim, my ends did make it to classic! So I am back to needing to grow two inches.... however my hemline looks much nicer cut blunt, and I am happier. Will add pics once I take some!

Lostsoule77
March 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I've been off the site for about 1.5 months and it's amazing how much I've missed! Just wanted to check in here. I've been doing the benign neglect thing and it seems to be working. My longest hairs are a tiny dot past 40" now (my first measure since the beginning of this year)! :) I hadn't realized that my hair was growing at all. I do know that when I tilt my head all the way back it just hits classic and in the shower the same thing puts my hair past classic!

I miss this site and really need to find a way to fit it into my new schedule.

3azza
March 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Wow i totally forgot about this thread! I have trimmed 8 cm last month, and still feel the need to trim more. My ends have grown terribly thin :( We'll see where this is going. I so want to reach classic. Fingers crossed...

RapunzelKat
March 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Everyone's hair is looking great!! :D :D
I'm adding my most recent length pic, since I didn't have a current one when this thread started. I've trimmed about 4" since December, and my hemline looks sooo much better!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9257&pictureid=129008

Ishje
March 19th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Eeeeee! I finally broke the 40 inch mark! I'd been at 39.5" for ages and thought I'd never break through. Finally made it into the 40's. I'm looking at around 4 inches or so until classic. I will do it! :D

that is great! it is wonderful to pass those magical numbers ;)

Rapunzelkat your hair looks great 0.o I wish my ends where so healthy!

WaitingSoLong
April 2nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
HI everyone! I took a bit of a break from TLHC and from hair in general for awhile and now I am back. I just measured for the first time since about Thanksgiving and I am at 40.25". I need a good 42" to make Classic so it should be no problem for me this year. I still intend to grow past Classic and then trim back to Classic at the year's end.

I will do a roll call in July (if I have time, I will be working second shift all summer so no promises, I may have to delegate!) and ask for updated lengths and remaining inches to Classic. Anyone who doesn't feel they will reach Classic by year's end at that point can drop out.

I expect to reach it by the end of summer and be 2" or so past by year's end which I will trim off if I can stand it that long (the ends are getting ratty again).

MasCat
April 2nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
I'm flirting with the idea of joining, because I grow about 2cm a month (0,8in) and that means I could grow another 20cm (about 8in) till the end of the year. That would probably be "Can I call this classic" length...

nobeltonya
April 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
*raises hand* I measured 39" yesterday morning, wet and freshly washed.. now, if I can just not trim it for a little while... I've been like obsessively trimming my ends every few weeks for a little while now, because they grow unevenly and lately want to flip out... so I've still got like 4" to go.. SHOULD make it before Christmas. :) *crosses fingers*

Ishje
April 3rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
2 cm a month? you are lucky MasCat, I wish I had your growth ^^
my hair only goes at 1 cm a month.

I hope you will make it before Christmas, Nobeltonya!

WaitingSoLong, nice to read your update ^^ you have a good plan!

Kamir0
April 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I just dropped out of the no-trimming thread and trimmed about 1cm on April 5th, but I am still hoping to make it by the end of the year. Not sure I'll make it on time for my birthday in September though... My hair is barely tailbone length at the moment...

We shall see. :)

Cupofmilk
April 8th, 2012, 07:39 AM
My hair is only about 41 inches and I need 45 for classic. Not really possible this year but you never know.

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/rachelba99/ed.jpg

and wet it's on the floor when I sit down

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/rachelba99/IMG_4064.jpg

Kamir0
April 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
My hair is only about 41 inches and I need 45 for classic. Not really possible this year but you never know.

<snip>

and wet it's on the floor when I sit down

<snip>

You're way closer than I am! If you can't make it this year, neither will I. :(

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I think I'm there, folks!
And look at the growth I've had in the past 10 days!
April 1 ...................................... April 10
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/newsig.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/splatterviolet.jpg

C.H.
April 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
April 1 ...................................... April 10
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/newsig.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/splatterviolet.jpg

Wow, Spidermom! That is downright shocking. Well congrats on your growth spurt.

WaitingSoLong
April 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hey Spidermom, SHARE THE WEALTH would ya? Pass on that growth spurt PLEASEEEEEE. ;)

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Please excuse my self-indulgence, but I'm so amazed that I'm posting this all over the place.
I promise - I'll get over myself (and my growth spurt) soon.

C.H.
April 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Please excuse my self-indulgence, but I'm so amazed that I'm posting this all over the place.

No need! I'm pretty sure we live for this stuff. Vicarious squee, anyone?

Cupofmilk
April 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Spidermom - you are there! WOOHOO. And your hair looks wavier in the second picture too - what an amazing growth spurt!

Cupofmilk
April 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
You're way closer than I am! If you can't make it this year, neither will I. :(
Not necessarily, you can see how wavy my hair is - I might actually need to grow 5+ inches to achieve the look of 4 if that makes sense.

Laylah
April 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I'm at 34'' and classic is 40'' on me... so 6'' left! I don't think it's going to happen this year, but I'll join anyway and hope it does! If I count it to classic when stretched, I could definitely make it... then I only have 3'' to go.

sycamoreboutiqu
April 10th, 2012, 11:17 PM

Oh - you are serious. Really, those pics are 10 days apart ??? No late April Fools or anything ??

If so, that is frikin amazing.

sycamoreboutiqu
April 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
PS - Joining the group. TB now at 38" and Classic is about 42-44" so I should make it by the end of the year.

Oh - I tried out that Excel sheet for hair growth. That is way fun. If I entered the information right I should have Classic hair in time for my daughter's wedding reception in October.

I won't wear it down though.

Daughter and I were in a non competitive growing race the last few years, but she decided to get some layers cut in (she is blonde with very straight hair). She is still fuming over the stylist chopping off half her length when all she wanted was long layers at the ends. Hair was waist length - her shortest layer is all the way around her head at above shoulder. Not good.

It is a sore subject - she wanted flowing locks for her Hawaii beach side ceremony and they aren't going to be quite so flowing. Lesson learned. Long hair is not safe in the hands of just any stylist, gotta cultivate one you trust or none at all.

sfgirl
April 11th, 2012, 01:22 AM
PS - Joining the group. TB now at 38" and Classic is about 42-44" so I should make it by the end of the year.

Oh - I tried out that Excel sheet for hair growth. That is way fun. If I entered the information right I should have Classic hair in time for my daughter's wedding reception in October.

I won't wear it down though.

Daughter and I were in a non competitive growing race the last few years, but she decided to get some layers cut in (she is blonde with very straight hair). She is still fuming over the stylist chopping off half her length when all she wanted was long layers at the ends. Hair was waist length - her shortest layer is all the way around her head at above shoulder. Not good.

It is a sore subject - she wanted flowing locks for her Hawaii beach side ceremony and they aren't going to be quite so flowing. Lesson learned. Long hair is not safe in the hands of just any stylist, gotta cultivate one you trust or none at all.

Same thing that happened to my WL hair when I was 15. I'm sorry for your daughter. I just wanted some face framing layers and I got all my length chopped off and I looked like a mushroom. :(

Ishje
April 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Spidermom your hair looks great!!!

sycamoreboutiqu ahw, that is a sad story :( I hope your daughters hair will grow fast.
stylist who do not listen are so annoying, especially because you get reminded by it every time you look in the mirror.

spidermom
April 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
OH sycamore...., your poor daughter! That's such a rip-off!
And yup; the pictures are real. I knew my hair was growing, but I didn't know it was growing that fast.

lapushka
April 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Congrats on reaching classic length, spidermom! :thumbsup:

spidermom
April 11th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Thank you lapushka.
I guess it's time to wander off and find the classic to knee thread.

RapunzelKat
April 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Congrats, spidermom! :cheer: I saw your growth in your Manic Panic thread, but I didn't realize you'd made it to classic, that's awesome!

(Speaking to hair... Hair, why can't you be more like spidermom's hair? :D)

Sushi144
April 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Spidermom : Ten days ? Seriously ? If my hair was growing like that, I would be sure to reach classic this year. ^^ Sadly, it's not granted at all... Anyway, congrats ! :toast:

Lostsoule77
April 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Spidermom that is amazing! Congratulations on reaching classic. :D

Kamir0
April 17th, 2012, 10:06 AM
<snip>

:agape: That is some serious growth spurt! Any tips? :eyebrows:

ETA:

Not necessarily, you can see how wavy my hair is - I might actually need to grow 5+ inches to achieve the look of 4 if that makes sense.

Yes, it makes sense, since waves/curls don't grow "straight down." :)

Ishje
April 18th, 2012, 12:42 AM
when my hair was wet last week I noticed that the 3 longest hairs reached Classic :D
not really there yet...but soooooo close.
hopefully early June ^^

Kamir0
April 18th, 2012, 07:35 AM
when my hair was wet last week I noticed that the 3 longest hairs reached Classic :D
not really there yet...but soooooo close.
hopefully early June ^^

So close indeed! :cheer:

Johanna
April 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Eeee If I sit on something squishy my hair touches the cushion, if i sit on a hard surface I'm about 2 finger widths away, I can almost sit on my hair! Not long now it seems :D

C.H.
April 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
After 15 months without a trim, I have officially developed fairy tale ends. Just thought I'd share that. I'm not a fan of fairy tale ends on myself, but it's not as bad as I expected. Anyway, I will be maintaining once I reach classic in the summer. I'm actually looking forward to regular trims and watching my hemline re-establish itself just as much as I am looking forward to reaching classic.

I've always been an avid trimmer and I haven't trimmed since hip length! When I joined THLC on May 31st of last year my hair was just touching my hip bones and I expect to reach classic by July 31. Hip to classic in 14 months is not bad, eh?

Cirafly24
April 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hello! I'm about a 1/2" past Classic when my hair is wet, but when it's dry my waves make it shrink to about 1/2" above Classic. I've got some definite fairy tale ends going on, and I'd like to grow another inch or so, and then trim back to Classic and maintain there for the year.

Happy growing everyone :D

Sundial
April 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Last length shot before pregnancy hormones start messing with my hair:

http://i42.tinypic.com/312vhg6.jpg

As it is, I have already started shedding more than usual and my hair gets greasy more quickly. While I am glad that my hair seems to be growing faster, the shedding is worrying me and I had to change my routine to cope with the greasiness.

I have already started receiving comments from friends and my mother-in-law on how I should think about cutting my hair so that it's easier to maintain :rolleyes: I'd definitely stick it out till classic though. Will probably only think about that trim when postpartum shed happens.

Lostsoule77
April 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Sundial your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations on the pregnancy and I hope the hormones don't mess with that pretty mane of yours too much! :D

Sundial
April 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the kind comments Lostsoule77!! :flowers: I really hope I don't cave in to peer pressure too because it's depressing when people seem to presume me keeping long hair is akin to choosing vanity over the baby's health or something (older Asians seem to think that hair is stealing nutrients away from the body or something :shock:) It is reassuring to have a fellow LHCer tell me that my hair isn't as terrible as they made it out to be. :( I'm already depressed over trying to cope with the changes in my skin, weight, and hair without them contributing bad comments about my hair. so your kind comments make me feel better about my hair :flower:

Sushi144
April 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
It's depressing when people seem to presume me keeping long hair is akin to choosing vanity over the baby's health or something.

That's silly ! As long as you keep away your baby from choking or strangle himself with your hair, you can keep your hair as you want ! Actually, beautiful long hair means you're healthy, therefore more to care about and/or breastfeed your baby. ;)

C.H.
April 22nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you for the kind comments Lostsoule77!! :flowers: I really hope I don't cave in to peer pressure too because it's depressing when people seem to presume me keeping long hair is akin to choosing vanity over the baby's health or something (older Asians seem to think that hair is stealing nutrients away from the body or something :shock:) It is reassuring to have a fellow LHCer tell me that my hair isn't as terrible as they made it out to be. :( I'm already depressed over trying to cope with the changes in my skin, weight, and hair without them contributing bad comments about my hair. so your kind comments make me feel better about my hair :flower:

It seems to me that the instant a baby enters the picture, people are so quick to brand a woman "selfish" if any and everything she does isn't completely baby and cargiver oriented. You can be a great mother and still enjoy other aspects of your body. Continuing to do so will set a good example for your future son or daughter about how to live a rich and balanced life. :)

WaitingSoLong
April 23rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
I think cutting hair during pregnancy is some misguided sort of standard, like the "older people can't have long hair" crap. However I am not familiar with Asian culture regarding hair/pregnancy.

I cut my hair from waist to pixie in stages during my pregnancy for my third child. At least I can say I had a pixie once. I hated it. I have horrid cowlicks that hide until my hair is short. It sure explained why my hair was always so unruly when I was a kid. Secretly, I have wavy hair.

I know a young woman who just cut her hair back to APL from almost hip, her baby is 6 weeks old.

I say DON'T. I simply did not know what to do with my long hair back then and it was in the way. This was before sloppy ponytails and bunning was something only elderly people did. I wish I'd had TLHC back then. The internet was barely going then, though LOL. But I spent hours washing and detangling my hair because I just didn't know HOW. That is not an issue for you and being able to whip your hair up quickly is a huge advantage for new mothers. I suggest a braid for labor if you are not having a cesarean.

Unfortunately, hormones will do what they do. Just set your mind to embrace it NOW, maybe have some game plans if the shedding gets bad, like maintining at a certain length or something. I always thought waist length was a great length and I am so tempted to cut back there from time to time. If you have preformed plans, then that offsets some of the frustration that comes iwth not having control over it, because you gain BACK some of the control. It is like people going through chemo who shave their heads before it falls out. If it gets real thin, consider wearing parandi to mimic thickness while you are regrowing length. Remember, your precious bundle is SO WORTH IT!

Sundial
April 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
That's silly ! As long as you keep away your baby from choking or strangle himself with your hair, you can keep your hair as you want ! Actually, beautiful long hair means you're healthy, therefore more to care about and/or breastfeed your baby. ;)

It seems to me that the instant a baby enters the picture, people are so quick to brand a woman "selfish" if any and everything she does isn't completely baby and cargiver oriented. You can be a great mother and still enjoy other aspects of your body. Continuing to do so will set a good example for your future son or daughter about how to live a rich and balanced life. :)

Sundial your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations on the pregnancy and I hope the hormones don't mess with that pretty mane of yours too much! :D

I think cutting hair during pregnancy is some misguided sort of standard, like the "older people can't have long hair" crap. However I am not familiar with Asian culture regarding hair/pregnancy.

I cut my hair from waist to pixie in stages during my pregnancy for my third child. At least I can say I had a pixie once. I hated it. I have horrid cowlicks that hide until my hair is short. It sure explained why my hair was always so unruly when I was a kid. Secretly, I have wavy hair.

I know a young woman who just cut her hair back to APL from almost hip, her baby is 6 weeks old.

I say DON'T. I simply did not know what to do with my long hair back then and it was in the way. This was before sloppy ponytails and bunning was something only elderly people did. I wish I'd had TLHC back then. The internet was barely going then, though LOL. But I spent hours washing and detangling my hair because I just didn't know HOW. That is not an issue for you and being able to whip your hair up quickly is a huge advantage for new mothers. I suggest a braid for labor if you are not having a cesarean.

Unfortunately, hormones will do what they do. Just set your mind to embrace it NOW, maybe have some game plans if the shedding gets bad, like maintining at a certain length or something. I always thought waist length was a great length and I am so tempted to cut back there from time to time. If you have preformed plans, then that offsets some of the frustration that comes iwth not having control over it, because you gain BACK some of the control. It is like people going through chemo who shave their heads before it falls out. If it gets real thin, consider wearing parandi to mimic thickness while you are regrowing length. Remember, your precious bundle is SO WORTH IT!

Thanks for the support ladies! :grouphug: I knew I can count on you to help me put things in perspective! The parandi is a really good idea, I doubt anyone will notice with a parandi that matches my hair :thumbsup: I'm definitely feeling more optimistic about reaching goal now

Hairizona
April 23rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
I am back for a short period...last night I trimmed my hair to 40" from 41 3/4". I was below classic; now I am not quite classic.

Cupofmilk
April 23rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
I am another one who would advise NOT to cut hair due to pregnancy/birth. I cut some 12-18 inches of hair off from TBL to BSL ish when my son was 2 months old and just out of NICU as I had enough of it and gave into peer pressure. I needed a good 4-6 inch trim as I didn't have the time to baby the ends when we were in and out of hospital for such a long time.

Fantak
April 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
YaY count me in!

Fantak - 37" - 7" to go

Johanna
April 25th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Measured today, I'm now at 40.5" Seems like I've got another 3.5" to go there abouts. So close!

Kamir0
April 25th, 2012, 06:04 AM
You're going to make it this year, Johanna. :cheer:

skyblue
April 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I just measured at 40 inch! Seems like it took forever to get here!
this is my most recent pic I might just hit classic by the end of summer!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa37/skybluesaille/04_14_12LENGTH.jpg

WaitingSoLong
April 29th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Well I have apparently reached Classic already! HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2103384&postcount=1270)is where I posted the picture. I will keep growing and probably cut back to Classic at the end of the year.

I will ask for official updates in July. Anyone else's hair growth pick up since spring began?

skyblue
April 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
As far as I can tell it's been a steady 1/2 inch since Dec I did however trim about a 1/2 inch last month cause of splits grrr!

Avital88
May 1st, 2012, 03:24 AM
yes mine started to grow a bit faster too since spring started.im counting on my summergrowth to get me to classic,the shedding i have turns a bit scary though,it s like 200+ hairs a day :(

WaitingSoLong
May 1st, 2012, 05:09 AM
I haven't hardly shed much since a big shed I had in 2010. But I had a stall last winter that finally let up.

Lostsoule77
May 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Congratulations WSL!

I don't notice my growth rate or shed rate. I just comb, wash, & put my hair up. I'm gonna measure again in June since that is the half way point of the year.

Chess
May 6th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Please toss my name in there - I'll have to measure tomorrow, since my youngest has run off with my tape measure and it's near midnight. :)

Ishje
May 9th, 2012, 05:54 AM
I think I will be leaving this thread soon :) I decided to cut of the bleach witch will mean that I go back to shoulder length.
therefore I am quite certain that Classic in 2012 is no longer a realistic goal :p

I hope you all do get to reach Classic this year though ^^
there is more info in my blog, if anyone is interested :)

Syrena
May 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I think I will have to leave this thread as well. I have been trimming and maintaining 1 inch past tailbone already for 6 months in order to thicken my hemline. Now I made new trim plan. I decided to start slowly growing back to classic, but at the end of the year I will still be 1 inch away from classic…I will see how fast my hair will grow during summer and how it thins when it will grow longer with fewer trims ;)

Avital88
May 9th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I am Not leaving this thread, but i do wanted to mention i trimmed of 4 inches of my hair..
What means i need another 8 inches to reach classic, now my hair usually grows an inch a month, but i hope(and think) that with this good ends it will break less and so gain more,also summer gives me crazy growthspurts where i easily grow 2 inches in 5 weeks.
I'm still gonna try to do it :D

Kamir0
May 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I saw your sig pic in another thread, WaitingSoLong. Congrats on reaching classic length! :joy:
As for me, I am not sure I am gaining any length at all at the moment... :(
I don't know whether I am experiencing a stall or my ends are breaking off, but I feel like I have been at (barely) tailbone length for ages and nothing's happening.
For the record, I barely shed more than I usually do, and it's not all that much (maybe 20 hairs a day?).

What do you guys think? :confused:

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Breakage will be uneven, you should be able to inspect your hair ends and see lots of varying lengths with broken (not tapered) ends. Probably just a stall. Also, if you are not actually measuring, it can be very hard to see growth. I swear I had no growth for 3 months last year but when I measured I had still gotten my 1.5". Funny, I seemed at TBL forever then it seemed to grow from TBL to Classic all in one month LOL. There are just certain fall-lines that don't fascilitate visual growth. I always start measuring if I think I am in a stall.

I hardly shed at all either. Seems like I do it all at once every few years.

Kamir0
May 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I notice breakage/split ends most when I braid my hair, because they all escape!
I don't think my hemline is uneven, because most of the damage is located on shorter strands, so it shouldn't impact the overall length...

I think you're right though, I should measure more often to track growth... :)

Ishje
May 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
so, I am gone from this thread, my hair is chin length now.

I wish you all good luck with reaching classic this year!!

WaitingSoLong
May 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Good luck Ishje!

Lostsoule77
May 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Wow Ishje that is brave in my book! Good luck. :)

Florida Mom
May 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Well, I am out of this too....

My hair was just grazing Classic, but I trimmed back twice. And just today, I cut off about 7 inches to get back to hip. I love it - my hair is thick, blunt cut finally, with no see through ends. Not sure if I will maintain or grow from here - but right now I am happy and think my hair looks and feels great! Even my ponytail has bounce and movement! LOL

Good luck to everyone growing!!!

Kamir0
May 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Good luck to you both, Ishje and Florida Mom.

As for me, at barely tailbone, classic length by the end of the year seems less likely as time goes by, but I shall not despair. :D

Alvrodul
May 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM
My ends are acting up, so I am stepping up that loving care. No, it's not buildup, but I have to be on the lookout for buildup from the oils and the Panacea I use. It is simply good, old-fashioned mechanical damage from my pre-LHC days - and it makes me even happier that I got rid of the last of the chemical damage last year.
I feel a yen to five my hair a somewhat hefty trim, but I will do my best to hold it off. My ends aren't that bad.
When I do reach classic, I will trim more often, though!

WaitingSoLong
May 21st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Florida Mom I would love to see a pic of your new hemline!

Florida Mom
May 22nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
WaitingSoLong ~ I was lost as to how to upload pics to my reply - but I managed to upload a new signature pic....... for you.....

WaitingSoLong
May 22nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Wow! That looks awesome!

Re: pics to post: you have to upload them to a host site first, like photobucket. I know you can link them from your photo albums if you have one but I have never figured out how to do that.

kjirstiben
May 22nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
I'm still hanging in there... measured my hair yesterday and I'm at 45.5"... about an inch to go until classic! (Actually there were about 3 hairs that were at 46" but I'm not going to count that officially.) Oh, so close! I think I'll probably be there for the July check-in.

I'll tell you though, I'm getting really frustrated with my hair at this length... My current goal is to hang in there until I reach classic visually -- which might be a couple more inches -- then have a big chop to get rid of most of the old damage and henna. I'm looking forward to a length that is something I can wear down in public without attracting undue attention, and to maybe getting back some of my wurly texture.

Florida Mom
May 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
@ WaitingsoLong - THANKS! I will have to try a photo that way!

kallarina
May 22nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ooh, I would love to join this, but I don't think I'll reach classic until next year. I've got about six inches to go, I think. I'm classic at 39", currently at nearly 33", though it's been a little but since I last measured...
I wish you all luck, can't wait until I'm classic!

Avital88
May 24th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Since i trimmed it seems my hair is growing faster ,i love it!
I will measure again in July and then see if i can still reach classic in 2012.

Lostsoule77
May 26th, 2012, 10:32 PM
So I asked my husband how close my hair is to being past my butt. He said an 1 to 1 1/2 inches so I had to measure. It seems I'm now at 41 inches so I think I'm 2" away from can I call this classic length! Not sure when it'll hit, but seems like I should make it before the end of the year! :D I really need a good trim since I haven't cut it since 1/1/11. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait until I get a bit past classic and then cut back to classic or tbl. We'll see.

ETA: This was on straight hair since it's been in buns all week. I'll still probably reach CL this year when it's not pulled down, but not 100&#37;. end eta

WaitingSoLong
June 25th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Just a heads up to everyone still here that July 1st is update day for our 2012 goal of Classic. So take pics if you must but be ready to update your growth/progress on July 1st!

Suguru
June 25th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Can I join you ladies? If all goes according to plan I should reach classic by the end of the year...I can't wait!

WaitingSoLong
June 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Can I join you ladies? If all goes according to plan I should reach classic by the end of the year...I can't wait!

Yes just let me know your starting length and how many cm you have to go to reach classic. The first post of this thread has everyone's info in it.

IvanaGil
June 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I belong here! Count me in.
I'm at 39" with about 3" to go :)
Technically I'm at 39.75" but I'd rather be surprised than disappointed, so mark me at 39"

Suguru
June 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Yes just let me know your starting length and how many cm you have to go to reach classic. The first post of this thread has everyone's info in it.

My starting length was 96 cm. It's currently 104 cm. Classic on me is 110 cm. Do you want me to convert that to inches?

white.chocolate
June 26th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I'll probably reach classic by the end of July. So excited! :D

IvanaGil
June 26th, 2012, 01:03 AM
I'll probably reach classic by the end of July. So excited! :D

Congrats! :D I'm so jealous :p I'm at mid-butt. Just a tad more to go!

white.chocolate
June 26th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Congrats! :D I'm so jealous :p I'm at mid-butt. Just a tad more to go!

Thank you! :D You'll be there, too, and then we'll be congratulating you! :) Just a little more.

IvanaGil
June 26th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Thank you! :D You'll be there, too, and then we'll be congratulating you! :) Just a little more.

:grouphug:

WaitingSoLong
June 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Suguru, I won't post updated lengths until after July 1st but I got you in our list with starting and goal :)

Just a reminder to everyone here that the album uploads are still not working so if anyone wants to post pics of progress they will have to link them to a third party host stite like photobucket or flickr.

Alvrodul
June 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM
This is my hair today! I got the 5-year old daughter of some friends to help me with taking some pics - she did a dandy job, didn't she? :D
(I had to explain to her why I wanted to take pictures of me from the back, but once I told her about my long-haired friends, and how we like to show off our hair to each other , she found it quite senslble. Kids! Soo logical! :D
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/Length%20and%20color%20pics/Lengthjun2012.jpg

Kamir0
June 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
This is my hair today! I got the 5-year old daughter of some friends to help me with taking some pics - she did a dandy job, didn't she? :D
(I had to explain to her why I wanted to take pictures of me from the back, but once I told her about my long-haired friends, and how we like to show off our hair to each other , she found it quite senslble. Kids! Soo logical! :D
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/Length%20and%20color%20pics/Lengthjun2012.jpg

She did a great job of capturing your awesome shine! :D
However, it is unclear (to me anyway) how long your hair is...

Meganbnsn
June 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hello Ladies, I am new here and a little bit confused to say the least. I have no idea what LHS, or classic is. Is there a page I can go to that tells me all that or can one of you guys tell me? Thank you so much. My hair is mid back. I dont know the exact length. It is thick and half damaged.

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I just realized today that I'm at can I call this classic length! :D When I measured it was only 42", but when I pull my hair straight the very end of my longest hairs just touch the bottom of my behind. I'm hoping by the end of the year I'll be a bit past that without pulling straight. I'll take a length shot later today or tomorrow. :)

I think I'm in need of a slight trim, but I'm going to clarify and do and SMT first to be sure. That and a good S&D session. ;)

Sundial
July 1st, 2012, 12:19 AM
Length update: 36"

http://i48.tinypic.com/eiw68.jpg

Classic should be around where the red line is

IvanaGil
July 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM
Progress update. The red arrow is classic on me :)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3420/17912322513519403631037.jpg

Cupofmilk
July 1st, 2012, 03:04 AM
Progress update. The red arrow is classic on me :)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3420/17912322513519403631037.jpg

I saw your hair and thought bar the colour that hair looks so much like mine.mthe wave pattern is so similar.

IvanaGil
July 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
I saw your hair and thought bar the colour that hair looks so much like mine.mthe wave pattern is so similar.

Nice! Haha maybe you have better methods for dealing with these tangles :p

WaitingSoLong
July 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Good morning everyone! We have hit the half way mark for 2012 so it is time to post length updates. I will post your updated length and how many inches or cm you have to go on the first post so if everyone could check in and post this info and whether our not you are staying in the challenge. Pictures are encouraged.

I am in a stall with only about a half inch of growth since april first. I appear to be classic but really still need an inch to be true classic. I am currently 41.5". My hair still looks the same as my sig.

IvanaGil
July 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
I have about 2-3 inches to go. My pic is up above. It looks like less, but I still haven't sat on my hair, so I'm adding an extra inch. I'm currently at 39.75

Alvrodul
July 1st, 2012, 06:50 AM
I'm 4-5 cm away from classic, that is about 2 inches, or a little less.

Cupofmilk
July 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
I am 3 inches away from classic.

Cupofmilk
July 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Nice! Haha maybe you have better methods for dealing with these tangles :p
Tangles are the Bain of my life!

skyblue
July 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
I made it to 41" then at solstice I trimmed an inch, right at this moment I am just about at 40 1/2" going by the mirror It looks about an inch or inch and a half to can I call this classic! I'm so excited!!

Naphthylamine
July 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Sundial, your hair is gorgeous :crush:

Sundial
July 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thank you Naphthylamine!! :flowers: you always make me feel better about it whenever I come close to chopping it off!