PDA

View Full Version : Monistat curious

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Howdy do again!

So I read suicides eve article about applying monistat to the scalp and watched the tutorial and stuff but I still have some questions. I emailed eve a few days ago, but she hasn't written back and tomorrow is my shopping day.

Do you guys use the bottle or tube application method? Do you wash it out the next day or continue to only wash your hair as normal? I only wash my hair with shampoo once a week. Has the monistat really helped your growth rate or did you see no difference?

Thanks for the advice in advance! :poot:

becks113
January 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hi again!(:
I mix mine up in a squeezy bottle the night before wash day with castor/coconut/olive/tea tree/flaxseed/vitamin e oil, & I find I can get it out with CO or my diluted shampoo, I have noticed a difference in my growth. I get a little over an inch a month since I started using it & it hasn't shown signs of stopping any time soon..
Good luck!

jacqueline101
January 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I do my normal routine of hair care I am like you I wash and condish one a week. I don't wash it out. I mix mine with my mane n tail condish. I've noticed a big change in my hair growth. You can see my album of growth when I get over the cold I will post pictures in my album. I do like monistat but I've used family dollar brand and got great results. I like it.

CynthiaK
January 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
I applied it straight from the tube and left it on for a few days at a time. I did this for around two months and got about 4 inches but then silly me cut off 1 inch out of boredom. It made my roots look super greasy, but since I always wear buns I guess it controlled fly-aways, which is a good thing.

I stopped because it was getting expensive but I've recently found a website that sells a 15 gram tube of 2% Miconazole Nitrate Cream for about a dollar so I'm thinking about starting again.

MagicalMystery
January 3rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'm curious to try this as well. I'm afraid to use castor oil, because I have read that it can darken hair over time. What's the best thing to dilute it with and how diluted is too diluted? Also, how does it compare to the results from Shapley's M-T-G which i've read a lot about?

Long_hair_bear
January 4th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I wanted to buy some today but couldn't find an applicator bottle. Even Walmart didn't have them! I might have to look at Sally's. :(