PDA

View Full Version : Sock curls without sock un

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hey there!

I searched the forum and found curls with sock buns, but I didn't see one without the bun. I'm thinking of trying out this tutorial tonight since tonight is wash night. What do you guys think? :cheese:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nEvJGE4XYxE

Hamh
January 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks for posting this! My hair is layer central and I have never tried to do the normal sock bun as I didnt think I would get my layers in neatly enough, this I have to try though! You should try it and let us know how you get on.

kaiakai
January 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
The link doesn't work for me.

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
The link doesn't work for me.

That's strange. Well, if you go on YouTube, search sock curls, it's by a user named shimmergold.

Renate
January 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEvJGE4XYxE

Just delete the "m" and the "#" :)

Issmene
January 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
This is exactly what my mother would do to curl my hair when I was little! Oh, the memories, haha :P But, nice vid!

whiterabbitz
January 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
I've been doing a similar thing recently. Only my hair is very fine so just 1 sock is enough for me. Gives nice curls that hold reasonably well in my hair without product (which I never use anyway). Tonight I'm going to try sleeping in a French rope braid instead, to see if I can get more of a wave effect rather than a curl (although I don't have high hopes as it's my first braid and it's not great).

SoulOfTheSea
January 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I can never get the socks to tie right...

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I just washed my hair and have the socks in my hair now. I feel kinda ridiculous, but it's a stay home kinda day since I'm sick. It's kinda hard to see around the socks from side to side. Lol I'll post a pic tomorrow when they come out. *crosses fingers*

newbeginning
January 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
When I was a child I used to do something similar with rags. Maybe a thinner material would help if you have trouble making a knot.

nakmom
January 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the video! I'm going to have to try this tonight! Thank goodness there are boys in my house, or else I wouldn't have long socks to use :p

Long_hair_bear
January 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ya I'm using my husbands old clean socks that have holes in them that he can no longer use. :cheese:

Long_hair_bear
January 4th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Ok so ya, took the socks out and my har was still straight. It had alittle curl here and there, but not the masses of curls I wanted. :( can't say I'm surprised though as my hair usually refuses to curl, even for a hairdresser. It's stick straight and pry always shall be.

BlondieHepburn
January 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Rag curls! I used this method as a child, but with cut-up strips of old material. Works very well, but the curls are much tighter that sockbun curls, so be prepared to look like Shirley Temple! :p

Alacris~
January 11th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Do you have pictures yet?:D
I always like seeing how stuff worked out^^

I did this today^^ I guess it came out okay.
Did make a picture though, just for fun:P