PDA

View Full Version : First trim in 13 months!

Flying Penguin
January 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I last had my hair cut in Nov 2010. The hemline was becoming uneven, and I thought I should get a trim to get rid of any split ends. I decided to get a trim at the salon. I didn't self-trim because of 1) laziness, 2) I don't know where my shears are, and 3) fear that I'd royally mess it up (that I would not get it even, then have to keep fixing it...). Anyway, it took me a long time to work up the courage, because I was really afraid of losing too much length. But I finally decided to get a 1-inch trim when I went home for the holidays. The results...

Before (taken 11/27/11):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8899&pictureid=122653

After (12/31/11):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8899&pictureid=122654

I love it! :cheese: My hair stylist only took off 1 inch. (She even pointed out afterwards that the hair on the ground was only 1 inch long.) I'm back to BSL but I think it looks so much nicer now, and I'll grow back the inch in 2 months. :) She also suggested cutting some long face-framing layers on the right side. I already had long face-framing layers on the left side due to growing out sideswept bangs and the asymmetry had somewhat bothered me, so I agreed. I'm really happy with the result.

I think I will try self-trimming in the future though. She was a little rougher with my hair than I would have liked, and she blow dried it. (I know I could've asked her not to, but I thought it would be okay since it's been a year since it was last blow dried.) It looked nice, super straight, but I could've avoided some damage if I had done it myself, I think. But overall, I'm really happy with how the hemline looks now. :D

Hotrox
January 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Looking good there Flying Penguin :-) Loving the blunt hemline and your hair is so shiny and thick, congratulations on a successful trim!!

Amazinggrace
January 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
It looks great, glad that you had a good salon experience. :)

UltraBella
January 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Beautiful hair !!!!!!!! Your trim turned out perfectly :)

Keepitgrowing29
January 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Wonderful trim results :).

Flying Penguin
January 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you all! :flower: I'm very pleased with it, and maybe I won't wait a year for the next trim! :lol:

PixxieStix
January 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
I would be happy with that trim too, your hair looks amazing! Congratulations.

Trish in SC
January 3rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Looks great and is so shiney! Congrats.

Amber_Maiden
January 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Looks beautiful!!!