PDA

View Full Version : Spin Pin success! :)

nobeltonya
January 2nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
OK, so I just bought a pair of the Goody brunette regular spin pins because I thought they'd be nifty.. then, I couldn't get them to work and was about to take them back. But, I actually got them to work when I made a ponytail, folded it in half, and holding the base, twisted it into a regular bun [actually closer to my head, too]. Tada! :) It actually makes a neat bun. Will have pictures hopefully soon. Upzings are awesome, too. :)

UP Lisa
January 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Glad you got them to work. I like them.

Rosethorn
January 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Spin Pins are one of my favorite toys. Glad you got them to work for you.

long&blonde
January 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Glad you got spin pins to work for you. I got mine sheerly thru my trust of LHC members. I read a thread of raves about them. They don't get caught in my bcl fine, tangle prone hair, and they hold buns like a rock. They've become my new go-to, for a sleep bun, that holds well enough to even wear out the next day at times. Spin pins=awesome. From one who can't work bobby pins! Lol!

dulce
January 2nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
I use them for half up in a bun,a lazywrap bun,and a french twist,they work well.

LaceyNg
January 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
i'm curious-- what size do you all use? i've seen 2 sizes in stores. :confused:

UP Lisa
January 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I have two different brands, and they are the same size.

TammyT
January 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
hello, my first post! I bought the small ones - they come in a pack of three and they work great for me. However, that said, I have the finest hair of a grown woman that I have ever seen so can't speak for voluminous hair. It really stays put! I love using it to make a teeny bun for a half up! and I only need one.... : (

Carissamarie08
January 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
I think I need to buy these. I have to wear my hair in a bun everyday I am at work.

nobeltonya
January 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
I use the regular ones, not mini.

Jean Stuart
January 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
I love my spin pins. I have to use more now that I am using cones again.

Torrin Paige
January 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
They work well for heavy hair, too. I can get by with only two in a regular cinnabun - it takes 4 if I'm doing a lot of activity and whatnot. I just love that they disappear completely into your hairstyle (I hate for my works to show...lol) and once they're in you can no longer feel them. Also? Two pins replace a plethora. They are awesome.

Fairlight63
January 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
What is the secret to using them? My cinn. bun gets the droops when I use them. It just does not feel as secure as when I use hair pins.
Maybe it is my hair - I have fine, thin hair.
Anyone else not feeling the love of them?

Jenn of Pence
January 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Fairlight, I like them ok but I'm still working on love. In general I suffer from droopy buns anyway, but for spin pins I also suffer from lack of inspiration. ;) I'm always looking for new bun ideas to try with them, so I may try the OP's bun (equilibrium bun, I believe).

The bun I like best with spin pins is a flipped bun; there's lots of space to spin your pins and securely grab scalp hairs.

Miss Maisie
January 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
I bought the mini ones and didn't like them at all. I do, however, love the regular sized ones. I wear them almost every day.

LaceyNg
January 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
hello, my first post! I bought the small ones - they come in a pack of three and they work great for me. However, that said, I have the finest hair of a grown woman that I have ever seen so can't speak for voluminous hair. It really stays put! I love using it to make a teeny bun for a half up! and I only need one.... : (

(:D congrats on the 1st post!)

I bought the mini ones and didn't like them at all. I do, however, love the regular sized ones. I wear them almost every day.

its interesting that both of you have 1 hair types and prefer different sizes!

i'm thinking if i do try them i'll start off with the smaller ones though, since my hair's quite thin :/

ALongSummerWind
January 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I have always wanted to try the spin pins but don't know how my hair would handle it, has anyone had any problems with it?

ALongSummerWind
January 6th, 2012, 02:18 PM
You have lovely hair, the colour is amazing!