PDA

View Full Version : Tanglies

Catie_77
July 14th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I did several different searches and couldn't find what I was looking for (but that might be because I am semi-retarded at intarweb searching), so if this is a repetitive thread, I apologize.

My hair is about 27 inches.. or just touching the top of my butt. Every time I move, I suddenly have a rats nest of hair instead of the lovely golden locks I should have. I double condition, brush and comb whenever I can do so appropriately (i.e.. not in public),
but it seems there is no solution to my rediculously tangly hair. Does anyone else have this same problem and what do you do to thwart the tangle monster?

And, as a side note, my hair will tangle if it's in a ponytail. And in a braid too, which I can not begin to comprehend... :(

Sceleste
July 14th, 2008, 01:47 AM
My hair tangles too when it's loose or on a pony. I usually use a cone conditioner before leaving hair loose, that helps a bit. I also finger comb several times a day. But I haven't found a miracle cure against tangling - it always happens to some extent.

Riot Crrl
July 14th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Most anything touching my hair doesn't really tangle it so much, but it frizzes it beyond belief. I have become adept at not letting my hair when it's down touch bus seat, car seat, seat belt, coat, scarf, anything. It just takes getting used to.

Or, I wear it up.

MoonCreature
July 14th, 2008, 02:29 AM
My best advise is to wear it up in some sort of a bun. That simply removed the problem with tangles for me. Oiling may also help.
How do the ends look? If there's a lot of split ends a trim may be in order, as split hair tangles more easily.

If you wear it down be carefull with it. Put it in your lap when you sit down in the bus/car, don't put the seatbelt over it, be carefull when you carry a shoulderbag with a strap, don't wear it down if it's windy, awoid clothing/assessories with places where it can snag etc.