PDA

View Full Version : 3 feet!!!

homeschoolmama
July 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
(My apologies for having been MIA for so long. "Real life" has been rather busy lately.)

I am sooooo excited! http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/images/smilies/smile.gif My hair always grows slowest during the warmer months, and I had DH give me a 2" trim to thicken up my ends this June so I really wasn't expecting to see much growth until the fall. But curiosity got the better of me this evening, and I pulled out my tape measure to see how long my hair was.

I am officially at 36.6" or just past 3 feet of hair! Which on me is just past the tailbone enough that if I tilt my head while sitting, I can pin myself to the chair if that makes any sense.

On another note, DD's hair is thickening up rather well with the bar shampoos, and both of us have noticed a VAST improvement in snarls, beadhead & breaks/splits. I don't know whether it's the shampoo bars or the ACV & herb rinses but our hair is healthier than it's ever been. I've gone from a 3.75" to a 4" ponytail circumference in the past 3 months!!!
love,
mom

mamachanse
July 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
That is incredible! Congrats!

Which bar are you using?

homeschoolmama
July 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM
DD & I are both using the "Aloe Fresh" bar by PLH.

We are also using an herbal ACV rinse after every shampooing. I steeped 1/4 cup each of nettle, marshmallow & hibiscus in 4 cups of ACV for a full week, and then added 1/4 tsp each of lavender, lemongrass & rosemary EOs to that. I use 3 tbsp. of this, (DD uses 2tbsp.) added to a pint of warm water after each shampooing.

My men are also using PLH bars and have also had incredible results. DS is 12 and has a fairly advanced case of "preteen greasies" and has been using their "Sage Cedar & Sweetgrass" bar... and his hair looks, smells & feels NICE for about 2 days versus looking stringy after about 12 hours with liquid shampoo. DH is using their "Wild Man" bar on his hair, and his hair too seems to be rather happy - but he has disgustingly perfect hair that doesn't seem to ever get damaged.
love,
mom

Starr
July 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Congradulations on reaching 3 feet of hair and your newly aquired thickness!:joy:

Your herbal ACV rinse sounds lovely. . . it's a shame my hair doesn't like ACV.:(

Cinnamon.locks
July 14th, 2008, 12:27 AM
welcome back and congrats! very good news.

Mandie
July 14th, 2008, 12:55 AM
-squee- COOL! I can't wait til I hit the three feet mark!

paper
July 14th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Wow, thats amazing! Congrats!