PDA

View Full Version : Fear Factor Commercial

Serendipitym0m
January 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Has anyone noticed the Fear Factor commercials? In the commercial, they showed tons of crazy things that some contestants had to face.. but the worst one, imho, was when they showed a woman in tears while having all her hair shaved off!!!

I also thought it would be fun to ask...

Would you guys do it for the money?? :bigeyes:

pepperminttea
January 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
How much?

... But probably not, no.

Incidentally, this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75667) might be of interest. :)

Odyssey
January 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM
Depends on the amount of money, and if it was guaranteed. I haven't seen the commercial or the episode, but it's probably one of the first challenges, which would mean that the money isn't definite if they shaved off their hair. 50k is a lot, and worth a shot, but usually the challenges get worse on that show, and some of them I just can't stomach so I would have shaved for nothing.
Long answer short: I would do it if the cash was a guaranteed win at that point, hair grows back. I may not be happy, but with the money I could buy a really nice wig while I wait for it to grow again. ^-^

Alex Lou
January 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, I would shave my head for that kind of money.

I used to want to be on Fear Factor... I'd think that I could do all that stuff. Then I noticed that all the women are either really attractive in a stereotypical standard-looking sort of way, or have some character gimmick. I'd never make the casting. :(

cowgirllong
January 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
HELL NO! No amount of money would be worth my hair.

caiti42
January 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
I'd do it for 10k plus. Hello house deposit!

gretchen_hair
January 1st, 2012, 07:33 PM
I think those shows are stupid and exploit people, usually for a very little amount of money, if any.

I would not shave my head unless it were for a grand amount of money, it would have to be at least 50 grand and then honestly, I would have to think long and hard on it.

Long_hair_bear
January 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Heck no! I wouldn't shave my head for any sum of money! That would be bringing to life my worst fear.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
I saw that commercial and I was like hell no! I haven't seen that show more than once or twice so I'd don't recall how much money they get. I really wouldn't want to shave my head, but if it was enough to get me a house or a college degree I might do it. I tend to be pretty logical and in those cases if it was guaranteed it would make sense to do it.

Monkey962
January 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM
No. And I have college loans to pay off. I personally wouldn't degrade myself - on national television, no less - for the sake of monetary gain and others' entertainment.

Grillz
January 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Depends on the amount and if it was guaranteed like Odyssey said, but heck yes I would! It grows back! Money doesn't grow on trees, but hair does grow on my head! lol

Seeshami
January 1st, 2012, 09:14 PM
For a million dollars an inch I would think about it.

spike316
January 1st, 2012, 09:32 PM
For 5k I'd think about it, for 10k I'd do it, but not on national television for other people to gawk at. D=

blondie9912
January 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
It really depends. Right now, my hair is all chemically damaged (I've decided to quit dying when joining 4 months ago), so I would probably shave it for several thousand, but not on national television. If my hair was waist length and virgin, definitely not. Id say a lot of factors would go into the decision, such as where I am in my life, how much money, how long my hair is, etc.

noelgirl
January 2nd, 2012, 12:13 AM
In a Fear Factor setting, probably not. Mostly because I wouldn't make it through the other challenges. I'm a very picky eater and can't even handle certain "normal" foods, let alone bugs and stuff.

beckishness
January 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
No, I wouldn't be able to do it for any amount of money. My hair makes me feel attractive, if I cut it off, I would be very unhappy with myself! Besides, I can't say that I would look very nice bald.

moon2dove
January 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Short answer...NOOOOOOOOO wayyyy!!

anikadear
January 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
The one and only way I'd do it is if my kids and I were living off of literally nothing and I had no other way to provide. And even then I'd have to be offered a minimum of 50k and also not on television.

And since I'm sure none of those factors are in play on fear factor, my short answer is absolutely not. Like another poster mentioned, I'm not sure I'd look good bald. And I don't want to find out!