PDA

View Full Version : Find your stolen photos

Viperalus
January 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
I don't know if this has been posted in the past, but a couple of hours ago I found this one (http://www.indiamike.com/india/photography-f58/find-your-stolen-photos-on-the-web-t152013/) that I believe it's very useful to find where our pictures have been put.

I have tried it myself on Flickr in some photos of a guy and it's good. I made a search on Flickr and found some photos of a guy that he posted photos from very different girls and I assumed that might be stolen or/and uploaded without their permission.

Anyway, I hope some of us will find it helpful :)

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
That's terrible you can't have your pictures on a site with out someone taking them.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 04:40 PM
I think whenever you put your pictures up on the internet in a public place there is a good chance they can be used elsewhere. It's important to not post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see. Thank for reminding me of this. If I can figure that software (or whatever it is) out then I think I'll use it. Thank you for posting it.

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Wow. Ugh.
I have to say this won't work 100% though... I've found pics of me that I've forgotten about on the net... :(

Viperalus
January 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
You are welcome Lostsoule77 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=34363).

This is true about the pictures and the iNet and something that (unfortunately) some people come to find out the hard way.

Celtic Morla
January 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
It's a pain that people feel they have the right to steal photos. I have tracked down a few and requested copyright be added and most people do so if not then the fun begins. I have gotten a few videos removed from youtube that included my photos. Worst issue was a fee years ago my DH had doen some fine art photos which i posed for him and a friend of ours spotted it on some website the person it was his SO and that he and his SO were swingers looking for partners!!UGH!! That was a fine fettle but the guy took it down pretty fast when he realized he was caught!

patienceneeded
January 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
One thing to remember with posting pics - once you've posted it on the internet it can never truly be removed. Never post something you're not 100% comfortable with ANYBODY being able to see it at any point in time. Old photos can come back to haunt you...

heidi w.
January 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
That's terrible you can't have your pictures on a site with out someone taking them.

That's why most of us choose not to show our face in Avatar's and signature photos, and have private settings on our albums. To prevent some of the lifting of photos that goes on. The Mane Forum, for example, is a public area: anyone can look, and see the photos posted here.

heidi w.

Viperalus
January 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
That's why most of us choose not to show our face in Avatar's and signature photos, and have private settings on our albums. To prevent some of the lifting of photos that goes on. The Mane Forum, for example, is a public area: anyone can look, and see the photos posted here.

heidi w.
Another way -if one has a photo editing program- is to add a watermark near the piece of hair that he/she doesn't want to be stolen and used as their own or anything else.
;)

Darkhorse1
January 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Ok, I can't figure out how to use this. I'm technically challenged....

LaceyNg
January 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Ok, I can't figure out how to use this. I'm technically challenged....

meh, neither can i. i've got the link on my bookmark bar, but when i click it nothing happens. i'm sure i'm missing something..... :confused:

Viperalus
January 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM
meh, neither can i. i've got the link on my bookmark bar, but when i click it nothing happens. i'm sure i'm missing something..... :confused:
You have to click also at the photo that you want to trace.
:)

Áine
January 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Not even on the private setting will I ever post photos on this site. Far too much traffic for me to feel comfortable.

I've had one terribly unpleasant experience with having my pictures lifted from another message board (nearly as heavily trafficked as this one) used by a former friend in a very lewd manner. I'm terrified of that happening again. I'm in an industry where anything that even suggests impropriety could cost me my career.

Darian Moone
January 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
That's terrible, Aine. :(