PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary with Pics (heavy)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
So today is one year since I joined LHC, though I'd been lurking for about a year on and off before that. January 1st last year was my last cut and I did it with Feyes self trimming method for a u shape hemline. I needed a trim, but probably not as much as I did. Since them I've only done S&D. I cut down from washing my hair two times a week to once every week or two. I do a DC with coconut oil about once a month. I've started to clarify every few months. I stopped brushing and only combing. I've done a couple SMT's. All this has drastically changed how my hair feels. It felt like straw before and feels pretty silky now. :cheese: My hair is still pretty bushy though. I will make the change over to the curly girl method, or at least try it. I just have to use up all my current shampoo first and that's probably gonna take me another year or so. :shrug: I think I'm about back to where I was before my cut last year, just with better feeling hair. I've realized that my hair grows slower than average, but I can deal with it (since I have no choice.) The main reason I joined here was to learn new styles and I have done that in abundance! Before joining here I could English, French, & Dutch braid & my own bun which is kinda like a cinnaknot. Now I can rope braid too and do a ton of buns. One of these days I'll start an album with them. I know this was long so thanks if you read it all. Now onto the pictures.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/BeforeTrim.jpghttp://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/AfterTrim.jpg
1/01/11 before & after the trim. The first was on un washed hair with braid waves from straightened hair. The second was that brushed out for a more even trim (or at least it was supposed to be) with my DH finger over the flash.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_2540.jpg
4/09/11
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/BCLlength.jpg
7/04/11
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3683_1.jpg
10/22/11
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3711.jpg
11/05/11 - start of my hairstyle for my medusa costume
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3934.jpg
12/31/11 - It was almost dry here, but by the end of the night it was bushy as all get out! That's what happens when I don't use product. Good thing I keep it up most of the time.;)

Without realizing it it appears that I took length shots about every 3 months.

I think I'm at can I call this TBL, but not 100% sure. For right now my next goal is classic. Eventually I think, if I can deal with classic, that I would like to grow to where I can have a classic length braid. If I can get that untapered that would be great! I think mid thigh should accomplish that. Anyone know if I'm right?

Anyways thanks for reading and I hope everyone is having a great new year!

Juneii
January 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Wow! your hair improved in texture and shine, I would call that tailbone too. I'm also hoping to grow my hair to the point where I can get a classic length braid, pretty sure it varies from person to person depending on the texture and thickness of their hair.

oktobergoud
January 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Very pretty! I love your curls :D

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Thank you both!

Juneii your hair in your sig pic is gorgeous!

pepperminttea
January 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'd say you've reached TB too - and what a way to reach it! Your shiny wurls are beautiful. :thudpile:

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Your hair is lovely and thanks for sharing.

lindaton
January 1st, 2012, 04:43 PM
Definetely tb if you streched out them ringlets. Maybe even closer to hip. Love it.

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
oh wow! Your hair is beautiful!!!

Rocket22
January 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
Very beautiful. I would say for sure TB. Wow and you say your hair grows slow? Looks like it grows at a pretty good rate to me :)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you guys so much! Of course all those pics are taken on freshly washed hair after drying and before touching (aside from the first two.) If only my hair would stay like that after the end of the day. :rolleyes:

Definetely tb if you streched out them ringlets. Maybe even closer to hip. Love it.
Hip comes before TBL.;) My hands are actually on the top of my hips in all the pics.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Very beautiful. I would say for sure TB. Wow and you say your hair grows slow? Looks like it grows at a pretty good rate to me :)
Thank you! You posted while I was posting. :) I guess I should check the pictures that I take more often. I was going by my measurements that I'd take a couple times through the year. It seemed like I only got around 4 inches in almost the whole year. The pictures seem to tell a different story. Good thing I don't measure too much and take pictures, even if I don't compare them. ;)

CurlyMopTop
January 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'd say you're at TB. Great growing! :D

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
your hair is beautiful Lostsoule77 and yes its TB, nearer classic length when your curls are stretched i bet! Your hair just gets better and better, I envy your thickness.

Juneii
January 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thank you guys so much! Of course all those pics are taken on freshly washed hair after drying and before touching (aside from the first two.) If only my hair would stay like that after the end of the day. :rolleyes:

You should test out different products to see what helps your hair maintain it's shape! :)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Thank you so much Jojo! My longest hairs are still 3 inches from classic when stretched so I have at least 5 inches to grow before I'll even attempt to call it. :) I just wasn't sure if I'm at TBL, but I'll take your word that I am. :) It's hard to tell on myself cause I either am tipping my head back to look over it with a mirror or twisting to see it around the side which still tips my head and lengthens my hair. Maybe I'll get classic by my 2 year thread which would be nice. :)

Juneii I know that mousse works with my hair very well, I just don't like to use it very often. ;) I'll get around to trying some of the natural formulas on here one of these days though. I'm sure there is something that'll work for me. :)

beachgirlla
January 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Lostsoule77, how do you say your hair do not grow fast, the latest pic is with curl and the pic in jan.1st.2011 was with more straighten hair :), it does grow fast !
Very beautiful hair and curl
Did you lose weight as well, lol

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
:thudpile: That's gotta be TBL! And beauuutiful! I love your curls. :)

boomtownrat
January 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
Happy LHC anniversary! Your hair looks great! :)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Thank you all again!

Lostsoule77, how do you say your hair do not grow fast, the latest pic is with curl and the pic in jan.1st.2011 was with more straighten hair :), it does grow fast !
Very beautiful hair and curl
Did you lose weight as well, lol
You know I hadn't even noticed that!:shake: It's pretty obvious now that you mention it though. I think I'm just going to compare my pictures from now on instead of using a measuring tape because that obviously doesn't work!

I had lost weight in the couple month before my wedding, but it was only 9 lbs & I'm pretty sure it's all back. :shrug:

Yozhik
January 1st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! I definitely think you've made tailbone.

And your curls are wonderful! I can see a great difference with the quality of your hair and how nice and hydrated your curls look. :D

Your hair is incredibly pretty, and it almost makes me want to reconsider my end-goal length. ;)

sycamoreboutiqu
January 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Have you tried Kimberlily's detangler blend ? It has made all the difference for me in taming "some" of the bushiness.

I went from total Rosanne Rosanna Danna to at least a manageable volume. It feels so much better too and I can usually get it to go part way straight (well - not really straight, but smoother) on day 2, 3, or 4 post wash (only wash every 7-9 days CO only).

I find that I can also do updos much easier than I used to - more length is part of it - closing in on tailbone - but the reduced volume and smoother texture have made a big difference too.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! I definitely think you've made tailbone.

And your curls are wonderful! I can see a great difference with the quality of your hair and how nice and hydrated your curls look. :D

Your hair is incredibly pretty, and it almost makes me want to reconsider my end-goal length. ;)
:cheese: and thank you.:o

Have you tried Kimberlily's detangler blend ? It has made all the difference for me in taming "some" of the bushiness.

I went from total Rosanne Rosanna Danna to at least a manageable volume. It feels so much better too and I can usually get it to go part way straight (well - not really straight, but smoother) on day 2, 3, or 4 post wash (only wash every 7-9 days CO only).

I find that I can also do updos much easier than I used to - more length is part of it - closing in on tailbone - but the reduced volume and smoother texture have made a big difference too.
I had never even heard of Kimberlily's detangler. I plan on trying her de-frizz formula at some point. Is that the same thing?

kanaka
January 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
your hair is amazing! Congrats on reaching it :) I love those curls

Lostsoule77
January 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you!

Pumpkin
January 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Your hair looks great!! Love the curls!!!!

lapushka
January 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Very nice! I love your wurls. Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

Lostsoule77
January 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you both!

Roscata
January 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Happy anniversary! Lovely hair. :)