PDA

View Full Version : Cwc or co washings?

Long_hair_bear
January 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Howdy folks!

I've been finding lots of great ideas on this forum since I joined. I was just wondering who cwc and who just co washes? What are your techniques and why do you like it? If you use a leave in, do you use it on wet or dry hair?

I may try the cwc when I do shampoo. I usually shampoo my hair once a week to once every two weeks depending on when it needs it. I condition my hair after shampooing and twice a week besides that. I put a leave in jojoba oil conditioner on my damp hair after that.

I kinda like the cwc idea and will try it next time. I may try the co washings idea but am slightly reluctant since my scalp tends to be oily. I'm thinking of upping my conditioning to every other day since its cold and dry up here in the northeast.

Thanks in advance for your input!

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM
I favor CWC with diluted shampoo. One thing to be careful about is don't put gobs of conditioner in your hair. You'll get buildup like you wouldn't believe! I use maybe 3-4 pumps of conditioner before washing, and 1-2 after, sometimes none - depending on how my hair feels.

I dilute my shampoo in warm water every time in a separate squirt bottle. People have had shampoo go rancid by diluting the whole bottle.

SoulOfTheSea
January 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
I CWC and CO wash, it just depends on how my hair feels that day. If it's more dry, I will CO. If it's greasy, then CWC.