PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary yay! (pic-heavy!)

oktobergoud
January 1st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Unlike many other people here I do not have long hair. Nor do I want long hair (as in, hip length or something like that), but I definitely do want longer hair! My hair hasn't been this long for 5 years or so, so it's a good start :)

My hair last year, beginning of january!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/hair1.jpg

And my hair today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_4748a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_4754a.jpg

I have fine hair so I suffer from the 'fluffy-hair syndrome' :P I used cones today so my hair isn't as fluffy as usual. But very frizzy because I've realized my hair hates cones (but I still have tons of coney products left.. sigh).

Anyway, it has been a pain in the bottom, I can say that! I used to have blonde hair, but it used to be white, like.. really white. I had to bleach it white because toners didn't work on my hair and it was so incredibly damaged. So the last year I had a lot of trims, kept the back short (no mullet for me!) and did all kinds of things like putting Monistat on my head or drinking lots of Rooibos tea (I love it!).

Now it's finally healthy (and yes I use henna) again and I feel like I can now truly grow it out. I know my hair now would be LONG to me last year, but now it just feels so short! I can't believe a year has gone by... I've always been one of those girls that changes her hair when she feels down or something, and this year has been depressing (nothing happened, I just felt aaaawful all the time) BUT I did not cut my hair :D I feel proud of that!

Here are some more pictures of a little timeline. Because of the damage I got a big cut at the end of March again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/hairtimelinetext.jpg

I hope to have to trim less often next year!

I'm also finally able to do braids and stuff:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/lj6.jpg

I can also make a pony stub

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_4292a.jpg

Yay! You have no idea how much easier growing out your hair is when you can put it up. My hair has gone through a LOT of awkward stages last year, so hopefully next year will be better :) I sure hope so!

That's it! :cheese:

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the growing! Your have beautiful hair! Happy new year!

Egana
January 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
so beautiful!!!

I love that crown braid across the front / top like a headband, with your sweet bangy fringe left out looking casual, friendly, and comfortable!

I really like the red, as well, with your pale creamy skin you look soulful and magical in several of your photos. You wear short hair sooooooo well! Can't wait to see next year's growth!

Toiréasa
January 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Congratulations,your hair looks very healthy and beautiful :D

HairFaerie
January 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
YAY! Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. I LOVE the color!

I know what you mean about the awkward stages. I always had a pixie too. Once you get past a certain length, it gets easier.

Congrats on your journey & good luck in 2012 with your goal! :)

blondie9912
January 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
I think your hair is adorable :) you're making great progress, and I love the little crown braid you can do now! Happy growing in up-do land now:D

CurlyMopTop
January 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Very, very pretty! :)

BrightEyes
January 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
I know you're trying to grow your hair so you probably don't want to hear this, but you look adorable with short hair!! And you will look beautiful with longer hair too:)

I love the different styles you've done, your hair is tempting me to chop lol. The color is beautiful too.

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
You have gained so much length, i love the colour but the one thing that stands out is the shine and health. well done it will be interesting to see how much growth you gain in 2012.

UltraBella
January 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
You look beautiful in all the pics !!!!

georgia_peach
January 1st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Oktobergoud, you and your hair are so pretty, and you've made such great progress. Congratulations!! :)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 12:58 PM
Your hair looks so good! I have to say that you have stunning eyes and the red makes them stand out so well! Congratulations on your beautiful growth and one year anniversary. :) 2012 should be a better hair year for year because you've gotten past the worts ackward phases. :D

CarpeDM
January 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
I just love your hair in ALL the pics! :)

Sunny_side_up
January 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Very pretty hair, fab colour too:)

oktobergoud
January 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM
Aaah thank you guys, you're too kind :flower:

Yozhik
January 1st, 2012, 02:39 PM
Beautiful hair and wonderful progress!

Congratulations on your anniversary! :flowers:

I really like your current hair color. :D

Lissandria
January 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Red hair really suits you. Lovely crown braids and cute pony stub. Happy growing for 2012 :)

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Your pictures are beautiful.

boomtownrat
January 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
You and your hair are beautiful! Happy growing. :)

SoSallie
January 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Congrats! And great pics too!

long
January 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Your hair is looking great. I love all the cuts especially the bobs and the color is beautiful.

Kome
January 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
GORGEOUS color! and I love the lights in your room too!

nakmom
January 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM
I looove your hair! It looks really cute on you in all the stages! And you pull off blonde and red both beautifully. :)

Lisa R
January 1st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Love the colour! Your hair looks great in the braids and pony tail! This year will be great for you:)

julliams
January 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
I love your hair, your look and your photography.

Qadupae
January 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
Congrats Oktobergoud! Your hair is growing out very nicely ^_^ It is an inspiration for me to finally get around to growing mine.

kanaka
January 2nd, 2012, 01:54 AM
Your hair color is amazing and you got a pretty growth too. BTW i love your eyes :)

Bobette
January 2nd, 2012, 04:06 AM
You have the cutest face! The short style totally suits you. Love it!

Love the colour as well! I used to be that colour. I miss it. It's such high maintenance though.

auburntressed
January 2nd, 2012, 04:13 AM
I love the color of your hair, and it looks like you have a good start with taking good care of it. :)

In addition to your hair, you have some lovely striking features that go quite well with all of the styles you've shown so far.

yvsa
January 2nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
You look great, Oktobergoud. Even in the difficult lenght-stages you look great. Happy growing:cheese:.

MonaLisa
January 2nd, 2012, 04:49 AM
You are so gorgeous! And it's getting long! :D

oktobergoud
January 2nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
All those compliments are overwhelming, thank you so much! :oops:

GORGEOUS color! and I love the lights in your room too!

Thanks! The coloured ones are from 'happy lights' and they look so awesome in real life: http://www.happylights.be/lib/img.jpg Like little balls of yarn :D

ingvild
January 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Great progress, and the pictures are really nice! I like your tumblr too :)

beachgirlla
January 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Very beautiful, even the blonde one was so special on you :)

Evie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
I have always loved your hair and your style! I think it looks great in the pics, and you suit the red so much. Then again, I always thought you suited the pale blonde too :)

Excellent progress over the year, it looks so soft and shiny, you must be so happy with it :)

david
January 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Congrats on your progress. Your hair seems to really suit you. All the best for the rest of your journey. :)

holothuroidea
January 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Heeeeeey I can't believe I missed this thread!

Your hair is excellent, Oktober, and your pictures are all beautiful. My favorite is July, I love that hair cut. I might be partial because it's my favorite length on myself, too.

Isn't it annoying how much we have to cut our hair just to let it grow right at these stages? I think you're past that now and can just let it grow and play with your color and fringe.

Rock it! :rockerdud

auntnina
January 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Self edited

luinecu
January 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Yay! You have no idea how much easier growing out your hair is when you can put it up. My hair has gone through a LOT of awkward stages last year, so hopefully next year will be better :) I sure hope so!

From what you've shown us here, you never once looked 'awkward'! You've totally rocked it all the way though last years growth :D I really love the colour!

nightwish90
January 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
very beautiful and pretty! and i love your color! but does henna darken hair so much or did you mix it with indiggo?? i've recently seen someone with naturally blonde hair on youtube and her hair became carrot like after henna.

oktobergoud
January 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
very beautiful and pretty! and i love your color! but does henna darken hair so much or did you mix it with indiggo?? i've recently seen someone with naturally blonde hair on youtube and her hair became carrot like after henna.

No henna naturally darkens.. but it didn't really made my hair that much darker though. it's still quite vibrant in sunlight, but a bit darker/less orange inside. I used henna and indigo about two times I think?

But my natural hair colour is a dark mousy blonde, almost light brown I think! When I put it on the bleached blonde the first time it turned out ORANGE (there's a pic of it in my album!) like, crazy orange! I had to chemically dye it dark brown first and when that faded I could use henna again and then it just matched all together :)

& Thank you guys!! :)

nightwish90
January 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM
in the second pic you remind me a little bit of amelie :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aUuUelw5Iag/S8RS3j1UIAI/AAAAAAAAAD8/XINNMKQMzW8/s1600/amelie-poulain04.jpg

nightwish90
January 4th, 2012, 02:31 PM
you've got pretty, balanced features, that kind of face that looks good with any haircut. but i personally find it really cute and beautiful how it's now, because i usually don't like pixie length by women, even if they're pretty enough not to look awful like i would probably do ... natalie portman got also even baaald she was still pretty unlike the most with no hair or short hair...but i also like it better with longer hair (longer than pixie)

nightwish90
January 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
do you think to you would expermient longer hair? just like APL or BSL?

oktobergoud
January 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
do you think to you would expermient longer hair? just like APL or BSL?

First of all, thank you for the compliments!! You're too kind :oops: And I agree that Natalie Portman looked better with her short hair, she's so pretty!

About 5 years ago I grew out a pixie into something that was between collar bone and APL.. almost APL I think! I wanted to grow it out to BSL back then, but never succeeded. Now, I have no idea what I want! I don't want to set goals as APL/BSL just yet, because I know I will fail because the goal is 'too far away', if you know what I mean. I like tiny goals.. my goal last year was chin length, which I have almost reached! After that, maybe it will be shoulder length or something like that. Or maybe I'll keep it at chin length.. I have no idea, really :)

I do think I want to get longer hair eventually though, like APL/BSL! :)

nightwish90
January 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM
that's a good idea ... to set tiny goals. :D but when i see so much beautiful long hair here it's hard not to think "i want that too"...

luthein
January 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Congratulations on great growth! Your hair is beautiful at all lengths.

battles
January 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
in the second pic you remind me a little bit of amelie :)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aUuUelw5Iag/S8RS3j1UIAI/AAAAAAAAAD8/XINNMKQMzW8/s1600/amelie-poulain04.jpg

That was exactly what I was thinking! :p

ETA: Also, oktober, I don't know about your growth rate but I made it from about where you are now to past in shoulder in a year. With minimal trims, I should add.