PDA

View Full Version : I had to cut to shoulder length. :/

Gothchiq
January 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
I had cut like 3 inches off and 2 weeks later the hairs were right back to splitting and breaking. Actually, they were fraying! It wasn't like splitting in two, you could actually see the unwound fibers (my hair is really coarse) and it was... it was just beyond gone. So I cut to shoulder length, getting rid of about 6 inches of perm damage. I have about 4 inches of non permed hair and the rest has that damage. Probably gonna be another year getting rid of the rest of that. Oh well....at least it looks cute.

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Glad it looks cute, sorry about the damage... It took me forever to get rid of the damage from straightening and dying. :(

Kathie
January 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Its good to get rid of that damage. It had to go at some point. Overall you now have a healthier head of hair :thumbsup:

SoSallie
January 1st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Glad that it looks cute for you!

I had to do the same thing due to bleach damage a few years back. But I loved how healthy it felt once the damage was all gone. I tried the nexus promend overnight leave in - it helps a bit (not nearly 100%) but enough to grow till the next trim.

Gothchiq
January 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
Boyfriend likes it, so that's some consolation. lol