PDA

View Full Version : Help! Perma-bump in my hair!

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
I've had this problem since my teens. I don't know what it is, but I've got a permanent bump in my hair. It looks like a ponytail bump, and for a long time, that's what I thought it was. I wore ponytails daily, so I thought my hair had just formed that way. Well, it's been seven months since I've worn a ponytail (except twice), and it's STILL there, as obnoxious as ever! I try to comb the hair at that part of my head AWAY from my head, but it still ends up clinging like that. It's worse when my hair is oily or dirty.

Have any of you had this problem before? What can I try to make it go away? Maybe I'll have to resort to straightening it or something-- I don't know! Maybe it's there because my hair is too thin. :(

My original fear with wearing my hair down was that my ends were very thin. They're still thin, but much better than before-- when I wear black, they look thick. (I always try to wear my pale green nightgown for LHC photos so everyone can see just how thin my ends really are.) Now, I just can't bear to see my hair down because of this stupid bump. That's the reason I wore my hair up throughout my teen years, when my ends actually WERE thick. Is there hope? Should I just keep my hair very short, or just wear it up every day? (I want to wear it down because updos are very unflattering on me-- besides the fact that my buns are tiny.)

Bumps:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014274.jpg?t=1325441934 http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014279.jpg?t=1325441947
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014284.jpg?t=1325441523 (I know it looks super thin at the ends-- I'm trimming 1"+ monthly to address that.)
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014288.jpg?t=1325441453

It looks kind of like my hair is TRYING to look like a mullet. :wail: I'm lost. I don't know what to do about this. Any suggestions are welcome. :flower:

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM
I don't know what to do except try combing it differently.

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM
I think once your hair gets longer it will go away, your hair just needs to get heavier with weight.

Gingerbear
January 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
It looks like a natural wave in your hair. I agree it should go away as your hair gets longer and it gets some weight on it.

ladonna
January 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM
It looks like you hair is trying to make waves, have you tried scrunching your hair when wet?

HairFaerie
January 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM
I would say it's definitely a wave pattern.

At different lengths, my hair gets them too. I am slightly wavy. At certain lengths the waves show up more than others - and sometimes they can be downright annoying at times.

You can either straighten it or embrace the waves and try to enhance them. I vote for the second one! :)

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think once your hair gets longer it will go away, your hair just needs to get heavier with weight.

It looks like a natural wave in your hair. I agree it should go away as your hair gets longer and it gets some weight on it.

I've had my hair to hip-length and still had this issue. My hair is very very fine and lightweight. :( And I don't think it will get longer than hip, IF it will even make it that far... SO said he had this problem until his hair reached TBL, but I doubt I'll ever get that far! It's been a year and my hair hasn't grown at all!

It looks like you hair is trying to make waves, have you tried scrunching your hair when wet?

I've tried. Here are the results:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8442&pictureid=117563 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8442&pictureid=117627

The thing is, it looks stringy and weird when it dries after I scrunch, and if I comb it after it dries and I've scrunched, it looks like I didn't scrunch at all! My scrunching clumps are very narrow, so I just look like I have stringy or dirty hair once it dries. :(

I would say it's definitely a wave pattern.

At different lengths, my hair gets them too. I am slightly wavy. At certain lengths the waves show up more than others - and sometimes they can be downright annoying at times.

You can either straighten it or embrace the waves and try to enhance them. I vote for the second one! :)

I've tried enhancing by scrunching, but maybe I'm doing it wrong... when others scrunch, it looks pretty with clumpy curls. My hair just looks stringy and unkempt when I try. :( Any advice would be welcome! I don't care if my hair is wavy or straight... I just want it to look good!

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
I think it's your natural wave pattern, too. Perhaps you could try french or dutch braiding while damp to add to the wave pattern. Or make a loose-ish ponytail right on top-back of your head at bedtime and braid length.

Celebrian
January 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I think that 'bump' or wave thing looks beautiful on you! It gives shape and monement to me! I would just keep your ends well trimmed.

I think that if thin ends are an issue, they look worse when scrunched. I would do regular small trims, and consider trying to gently coil them as they dry. Not quite sure how you would do that tho' without some sort of bunning.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
I think it's your natural wave pattern, too. Perhaps you could try french or dutch braiding while damp to add to the wave pattern. Or make a loose-ish ponytail right on top-back of your head at bedtime and braid length.

I've considered (and tried!) braiding lots of times... but I think I must just have bad hair, because I see people with beautiful braid waves here... but I just get "braid frizz"! My hair gets puffy and fluffy and frizzy, instead of having pretty waves. :( Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of hair, so the braid HAS to be thin, tight, etc. Or maybe I'm supposed to put in some sort of product first? :o Maybe I just don't really know what I'm doing...

ladonna
January 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
I think your hair looks pretty when scrunched. Before lhc I thought I had straight hair, but for the last few weeks I've been oiling and scrunching my hair and the result is that its getting curlier and curlier. I think maybe that hair needs to be conditioned to do certain things over time.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry, but I think that 'bump' or wave thing looks beautiful on you! It gives shape and monement to me! I would just keep your ends well trimmed.

I think that if thin ends are an issue, they look worse when scrunched. I would do regular small trims, and consider trying to gently coil them as they dry. Not quite sure how you would do that tho' without some sort of bunning.

Thanks!

I'm trying to keep the ends trimmed... I cut off AT LEAST an inch every month, but the same parts keep growing fast and the rest doesn't seem to grow at all. Only the outside edges of my hair seem to grow... so it grows like an "A".

My ends actually seem, to me, to look a lot thicker when they're scrunched. I think having my hair straight really shows how thin they are. :o So I'd love to scrunch, if only it didn't leave my hair looking stringy...

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM
I think it's probably just a wave then as well. Don't worry about it.

Delila
January 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
I think your hair looks great when scrunched, don't give up on it!

It looks to me as though your hair has stronger waves than mine.

What habits do you have that might be contributing to things?

For me, mechanical damage seems to be breakage-cause number one.

Changing my detangling technique, changing the way I handle my hair when wet, not tying off braids, etc., seems to have helped me.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
I think your hair looks pretty when scrunched. Before lhc I thought I had straight hair, but for the last few weeks I've been oiling and scrunching my hair and the result is that its getting curlier and curlier. I think maybe that hair needs to be conditioned to do certain things over time.

I think your hair looks great when scrunched, don't give up on it!

It looks to me as though your hair has stronger waves than mine.

What habits do you have that might be contributing to things?

For me, mechanical damage seems to be breakage-cause number one.

Changing my detangling technique, changing the way I handle my hair when wet, not tying off braids, etc., seems to have helped me.

I actually don't think I have any breakage. I haven't gotten even one split ends (that I can tell, anyway-- I look all the time and don't see any!) since I joined LHC. My hair has never been the type to tangle. I've gotten, I think, two tangles in my life. :rolleyes: So breakage isn't really an issue for me. Plus my hair is virgin, so no heat or dye damage. It just doesn't grow! :taz:

Thanks about the scrunching! :flower: I think I'll try scrunching again today. I'll try to keep up with scrunching for a month and see if that changes anything. :)

SoulOfTheSea
January 1st, 2012, 12:55 PM
I had that problem all the time when I wasn't trying to emphasize my waves. I think when you scrunched your hair, it fixed that problem! Your hair wants to be wavy. :)

ouseljay
January 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
I have it too. (See user pic.) Like you, I used to think it was a ponytail bump, but it hasn't gone away since I stopped ponytailing. I've decided it's just natural wave. When I have bun-waves, it actually integrates pretty well and looks nice. Braid-waves not so much. :laugh: I don't like the way my hair looks when it's scrunched with a leave-in (like that Beautiful Curls stuff) either, the clumps just don't look nice in my hair.

faellen
January 1st, 2012, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I think that 'bump' or wave thing looks beautiful on you! It gives shape and monement to me!

I agree with this, I love the wave! :D

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 02:33 PM
its a wave, my daughter has the exact same. i think its rather cute.

Torrin Paige
January 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM
I've considered (and tried!) braiding lots of times... but I think I must just have bad hair, because I see people with beautiful braid waves here... but I just get "braid frizz"! My hair gets puffy and fluffy and frizzy, instead of having pretty waves. :( Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of hair, so the braid HAS to be thin, tight, etc. Or maybe I'm supposed to put in some sort of product first? :o Maybe I just don't really know what I'm doing...

It's definitely your natural wave pattern...it just decides to start waving in an inconvenient spot. Instead of the usual type of products for styling, you could try a light leave in conditioner. My husband has very fine hair like yours and has fabulous natural curl, but it was acting all weird and poofy as his hair started to grow out. (He's a little past BSL now.) What works for him is a light leave-in conditioner. I comb it through, then put it in a loose pony and wrap his curls around my finger and let it dry. I think maybe a light leave-in before you braid may help to keep your "puff & fluff" in check and help to maintain the new wave pattern. After awhile, hopefully your pattern will adjust for good?

Isilme
January 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
It could be damage from the elastic when you do a ponytail though. I know I had that when I was younger. It is hard to see if it is broken hairs or not but it might also be your natural wave pattern as others have said.

Lissandria
January 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
I agree that it is probably your natural wave pattern as it seems to have been around for awhile from what you say and if it was damage from your pony tail days, it would probably have moved down your canopy as your hair has grown. I don't think it looks bad or like a mullet at all. FWIW you really suit long hair and I like your hair scrunched. As suggested previously perhaps try braidwaves if you don't like the way it looks scrunched?

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
I don't know if I've ever talked with you about braid waves before. The most important thing to remember is don't comb or brush braid waves. Separate the strands carefully with fingers, and then leave it alone.

Also, don't braid tightly. Think of folding each strand in place, not pulling. A tight braid gives more a zigzag pattern. Also braid down to the very tip-ends as much as possible, then use your hair tie. I buy the really soft, fluffy-O hair-ties that are sold for children. They stretch out really fast, but you can re-use them a bunch of times, and they're cheap to replace.

DreadfulWoman
January 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
I would always get this when I was younger, and it frustrated me to no end. Looking back I have a hard time understanding why it bothered me so much. It definitely doesn't look strange or bad at all. I guess I just wanted hair that was either uniformly curly or uniformly straight, but my hair is just kind of wavy.:shrug: It is what it is.

These days my hair is quite a bit wavier than it was then, but is otherwise very similar to your hair. It is waist length and fine, and the last couple of inches is pretty thin. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you what has been giving me the best texture these days, and maybe it will help you.

Lately I've been letting my hair air dry completely when I get out of the shower, without scrunching or anything, and then brushing it out. My hair isn't quite wavy enough to turn into a complete puffball, but brushing it out gives it some volume. And my hair ends up a little wavier than it would have if I had brushed it while it was damp. The ends still look really thin, but in a soft, non-stringy way.

Anyway, I don't know how long all that lasts because it all goes up in a bun after that, but it looks nice right when I do it. I don't know if something like that would work for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

But also, the bump really doesn't look bad at all. It looks to me like a natural, albeit slight wave pattern, and not like a ponytail bump at all. :flower: But it is something I have obsessed and lamented over in the past, so I can understand where your coming from.

Mesmerise
January 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ahh I understand how you feel. My hair is weird too... it has weird bumps and uneven waves... I think this is why I've chopped my hair off so many times in the past - in the hope that when it regrows it looks like "normal" hair!

I actually thought your hair looked really nice in the pics after you scrunched it, and I didn't think it looked stringy at all :) I think maybe you should go back to scrunching for a bit?

Oh and braidwaves and stuff don't seem to work for me either... they just make my hair look fluffy and stupid!!

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Okay, guys. I went ahead and stuck my hair under the shower hours ago and tried scrunching! Really, though, I wasn't too sure about what I was doing, so I just mooshed some leave-in conditioner on the ends and let it dry. You guys were right-- now there are other waves that match the "perma-bump." :) But I still think my scrunching looks weird. Maybe it's just because my hair is thin, though-- maybe if it thickens (or if I cut it shorter), it will look like everyone else's scrunch-work. :)

Here's the result:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014300.jpg?t=1325466138 http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014301.jpg?t=1325464549 http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/4nnibelle/P1014288-1.jpg?t=1325466330

I do think it looks better this way than when I comb it when it's wet. It looks a bit less thin to me, and there's not that silly bump sticking out. But I'd still really like some advice on how to make this look better...

Is there some way to scrunch so that my clumps are thicker? I just kept them just the way they were out of the shower.

Is there a way to make it so it doesn't look wet/ dirty even when dry? I used a pea-sized amount of leave-in, and only on the ends, but the whole thing looks kind of wet to me.

Is there a way to tame frizz? Normally I comb when wet to combat possible frizz, because my hair frizzes and flyaways easily. But now I've got frizziness, though only at the top of my hair, for the most part-- but especially around my face.

Oh... and I was SUPPOSED to trim today, but I got excited and scrunched instead. Should I comb it straight (because that's really all it takes to make my hair straight) and then cut, or cut it like this?

And... last question... wow, there are a lot of questions. :p Would this, when scrunched, be considered 1c/2a? That's what I've been assuming, but it'd be nice to get "professional opinions." :p Some people said something along those lines in a non-hairtyping thread for me before.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, everyone. :flower:

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
I think it looks very pretty scrunched and would agree with 1C/2A.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks, spidermom! :) And I'm definitely gonna try doing looser braids from now on when I braid... and I've gotta stay awayyyy from the comb! I'm obsessed with keeping my hair perfectly combed, but really it just makes it look worse. :o

Elph
January 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM
I love the scrunched photos. You and your hair are cute.....a couple of quick questions.
1) have you done any major moisture/protien treatments???? Maybe your hair is in need of a good oil - maybe even a couple of day oil if you can stand it.
2) Why are you trimming every month - your hair is groing if your able to take an inch off a month. If you want to thicken the ends up either keep doing what you are doing or my thought would be to go to armpit and then just baby it till you get to the length you want.
3) Leave it as it is - I know how you feel, thin horrible hair that is just lovely in everyone elses eyes. Learn to love it and ignore it for a while and you never know it may just come to the party for you.

Good luck

Gothchiq
January 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
That's what my folks call a cowlick. I think it has to do with the direction your hair grows from the follicles. All I can think of to do is to create overall waves that blend it in, using braid or bun waves.

piffyanne
January 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
Well, OP, from what I've read the Curly Girl Method does call for a wide-toothed comb at certain times, so don't throw out yours quiiiite yet. Try out the CG to see what your hair will do when you encourage it, if you want to see more of the new look! (By the way, I LOVE the way the ends look when your hair is scrunched! Magic!)

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
I love the scrunched photos. You and your hair are cute.....a couple of quick questions.
1) have you done any major moisture/protien treatments???? Maybe your hair is in need of a good oil - maybe even a couple of day oil if you can stand it.
2) Why are you trimming every month - your hair is groing if your able to take an inch off a month. If you want to thicken the ends up either keep doing what you are doing or my thought would be to go to armpit and then just baby it till you get to the length you want.
3) Leave it as it is - I know how you feel, thin horrible hair that is just lovely in everyone elses eyes. Learn to love it and ignore it for a while and you never know it may just come to the party for you.

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback!!! :flower:

1.) My hair actually seemed over-moisturized, so these photos are after I clarified. :) I probably could, however, use a protein treatment... I have cassia in the closet, but I've been too lazy to use it. :p

2.) I'm cutting off an inch every month because PARTS of my hair grow at that rate... but other parts don't seem to grow AT ALL. :( I've found that the sides grow quickly while the middle of the back hasn't grown for, like, a year, it seems. I think I may have reached terminal...

3.) I definitely don't mind the taper so much when it's wavy. :) Maybe my hair is even wavier than it seems now that I've scrunched, and the ends will look even better if I keep doing this.

That's what my folks call a cowlick. I think it has to do with the direction your hair grows from the follicles. All I can think of to do is to create overall waves that blend it in, using braid or bun waves.

Ahhh... I know I do have cowlicks all over my head! When my hair is short, it flips in every direction, it seems. :rolleyes: Once it gets around SL, though, it's heavy enough that the only cowlicks that really flip a lot are in the front.

Well, OP, from what I've read the Curly Girl Method does call for a wide-toothed comb at certain times, so don't throw out yours quiiiite yet. Try out the CG to see what your hair will do when you encourage it, if you want to see more of the new look! (By the way, I LOVE the way the ends look when your hair is scrunched! Magic!)

I think I'll have to buy a wide-toothed comb... the one I have is somewhere between wide-toothed and regular. :)

DarkSky
January 1st, 2012, 11:08 PM
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE your hair natural and scrunched!!! You are a wavey!!! It's so flattering on you. Try to work on a routine to embrace them. You might want to check out "curl talk" on naturallycurly.com. or read through LHC's big wurly thread.

Annibelle
January 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE your hair natural and scrunched!!! You are a wavey!!! It's so flattering on you. Try to work on a routine to embrace them. You might want to check out "curl talk" on naturallycurly.com. or read through LHC's big wurly thread.

Thanks so much! :crush: I'll go visit both places tomorrow night! :cheese: I bet I'll learn some things there! (I've always avoided those threads because I'm far from curly, but I might be able to apply some advice, anyway.)

Lissandria
January 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
I think you are a natural wavy suffering from too much combing/brushing syndrome. I am a 3a and I thought I was maybe an equivalent of a 2a for so many years cos I brushed/combed my curls- I didn't know how curly my hair was. My mum always said if I didn't brush my hair after washing it would "dry funny". When I don't brush I am a 3a and my ends are thicker.
Your hair reminded me of this. I think your hair looks great scrunched especially your ends! Especially in the last photos. Embrace it! :flower:

Amarante
January 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
I would also like to ask if you are taking any supplements to increase your growth rate? I take a hair, skin & mail vitamin by Natures Valley. I don't take straight biotin because of the acne side-effects, but I've had a lot of growth while on the NV ones. My hair has been growing 1" per month, verses its usual 1/2"

I also have to say I like your hair when scrunched, and don't think your ends look bad at all. They look like "fairy-tale" ends to me, which I think are sooo prettyful! :D

summergreen
January 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Your hair is unbelievably similar to mine!! I havent let mine dry without braiding or twisting for years now, and before that I used to blowdry, but I do remember it forming bumps and curves that I wasnt too happy with (well when are we ever, with what we have naturally?!) I also have a thinning out at the ends.

I think your hair looks lovely scrunched. And yes definitely step away from the comb!!

I do braidwaves every day and find them the best thing on on my hair. I braid when damp, with some smaller braids in the canopy which I then braid into the 2 main braids. Then leave overnight. In the morning I just undo them carefully, shake them out a bit, maybe loosen the scalp hair with my fingers, but basically leave them in separated locks, which loosen up a bit during the day. At bedtime I spritz my hair with water and braid again (or less damage if you braid them dry and then spritz thoroughly). Ive tried mousse and curl cream but so far good old tap water has given best results!

Hope this helps.

Annibelle
January 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Alright, everyone... I don't have photos, but I'd like to say that, to my surprise, my hair looks better the second day after scrunching! I thought it would get crazy after sleeping on it, but it looked good. The waves may have been a bit more stretched, but my hair had more body to it than it did yesterday and it didn't have that wet/dirty look anymore. The ends were still too stringy, but I think that's something I can't really avoid until they thicken up/I cut them.

I think you are a natural wavy suffering from too much combing/brushing syndrome. I am a 3a and I thought I was maybe an equivalent of a 2a for so many years cos I brushed/combed my curls- I didn't know how curly my hair was. My mum always said if I didn't brush my hair after washing it would "dry funny". When I don't brush I am a 3a and my ends are thicker.
Your hair reminded me of this. I think your hair looks great scrunched especially your ends! Especially in the last photos. Embrace it! :flower:

How long did it take your hair to turn curly after you stopped brushing it? Was it immediate??? I'm wondering if my hair will turn wavier if I stop combing altogether... I don't know if it indicates anything, but my hair was around 2b/2c until I was a teenager... which is when I started TRYING to care for my hair, which included combing and brushing when I barely did it before then.

I would also like to ask if you are taking any supplements to increase your growth rate? I take a hair, skin & mail vitamin by Natures Valley. I don't take straight biotin because of the acne side-effects, but I've had a lot of growth while on the NV ones. My hair has been growing 1" per month, verses its usual 1/2"

I also have to say I like your hair when scrunched, and don't think your ends look bad at all. They look like "fairy-tale" ends to me, which I think are sooo prettyful! :D

I don't take any hair supplements-- just a daily vitamin. I'm going to keep on with this vitamin until my LHC one-year anniversary, and if it doesn't seem to make a difference, I'll try a hair supplement. :)

Thank you on the hair! :flower: The only time I like FTE is on wavies or curlies... I definitely hate mine when my hair is straight. :o

Your hair is unbelievably similar to mine!! I havent let mine dry without braiding or twisting for years now, and before that I used to blowdry, but I do remember it forming bumps and curves that I wasnt too happy with (well when are we ever, with what we have naturally?!) I also have a thinning out at the ends.

I think your hair looks lovely scrunched. And yes definitely step away from the comb!!

I do braidwaves every day and find them the best thing on on my hair. I braid when damp, with some smaller braids in the canopy which I then braid into the 2 main braids. Then leave overnight. In the morning I just undo them carefully, shake them out a bit, maybe loosen the scalp hair with my fingers, but basically leave them in separated locks, which loosen up a bit during the day. At bedtime I spritz my hair with water and braid again (or less damage if you braid them dry and then spritz thoroughly). Ive tried mousse and curl cream but so far good old tap water has given best results!

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! :) When I try braidwaves, I'll definitely go with your suggestions! :flower:

Lissandria
January 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
How long did it take your hair to turn curly after you stopped brushing it? Was it immediate??? I'm wondering if my hair will turn wavier if I stop combing altogether... I don't know if it indicates anything, but my hair was around 2b/2c until I was a teenager... which is when I started TRYING to care for my hair, which included combing and brushing when I barely did it before then.

Good question. I think almost immediately but I had no clue how to manage curls back then so they were not as defined and springy as they are now.
I also think my hair was very damaged- caused by ripping through it daily to brush it "straight" with a nylon bristled brush with balls as well as heat styling so I think all these factors affected how my curls sat. Also curls/waves need extra moisture to form properly without frizz and my hair was very dry/damaged from the mid-lengths down. Also being cone-free makes for better curls. So in short- when I stopped brushing they appeared quite by accident- quickly; but not all that curly in comparison to now, because they are better taken care of. HTH :flower:

Seeshami
January 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
I vote waves and I also agree with the motion to shoot for some bun waves. I use to have this issue to but after a few more inches my hair is just to heavy to wave, curl or behave in any way.

Even by it's self straight and no scruntch I think your hair looks pretty. Don't give up on it, I'm sure you'll find something that makes both you and your hair happy.

AnqeIicDemise
January 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
Your hair is beautiful. I have natural waves too but I can't seem to cultivate them very well because the pattern is so faint and my hair thick. You can see the pronounced wurls on the shortest layers but the longer ones its almost straight. It bums me out. :(

And personally, I don't think it looks icky wet or whatever. Its very pretty. Women pay a LOT of money to replicate this look at the salon. Lucky you! :D

Allychan
January 3rd, 2012, 12:32 AM
I have the same 'bump' in my hair. It looks as if I have had a baseball cap on all day.:( I seem to have overcome this problem by doing a cold rinse of Rooibos tea after I shower in the morning. It is good for hair growth and it kinda coats the hair giving it a thickness too it. I can't use oils in my hair during the day because it too is extremely fine and looks oily. The Rooibos helps it to stay wavey but without the greasy stringy bits. I also Henndigo my hair,this also helps with volume and curl.