PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic Vampire Red Results (Pic Heavy)

Vanille_
January 1st, 2012, 10:09 AM
My DH was so kind and did my hair for me. Manic Panic Vampire Red is the last color I used, and even though I put it in almost two months ago, it still shows up in the sun! However, since my roots needed to be done, I went ahead and did all of my hair. I LOVE Manic Panic!

Here's some pictures of what our bathroom looked like:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC016001-1.jpg
I put wrapping paper all over the place. DH calls this the Dexter Room.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC015941-1.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/215458_1025720875719_1006185449_30095075_5352_n.jp g
My natural color

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC015921-1.jpg
Before

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC016031-1.jpg
After (I'm sad that my camera didn't take a great picture.. I think it was on a bad setting.)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC01623-1.jpg
What it looks like in the light.

sarelis
January 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM
OOoohh pretty :) Lovely colour

rach
January 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
defiantly fun to play with.
I've done both that on and the hot pink
both look great and are defiantly fun

Soltimus
January 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Oh my gosh, I have to try this! It looks so awesome! I know some people who use toothbrushes to make sure the colour is spread out very evenly. Did you do this? I see a big comb! I've never been able to cooperate with the paint brush like things (don't know what they're called in English) people use when dying their hair, but I'm really bad at missing spots - especially along the roots - and with such powerful and radiant colours you really need notice where you didn't reach with the dye :D

morrigan*
January 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
I love that color :D

luthein
January 1st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Love the color and the kitty! I have a Siamese too. :)

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Now I want to color; that looks so good!

Vanille_
January 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM
I've never been able to cooperate with the paint brush like things ...

It's so funny you say this. I showed DH a youtube video tutorial on dying hair. It was by Candy .. she uses one of those brushes. I said "Oh don't worry, I just use my hands"... well part way through and DH starts lecturing me, "You are so silly. You really should use the brush"

I had to giggle.

newbeginning
January 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Looks awesome.

Vanille_
January 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone. It's hard to get a great picture because the color changes in every light.

Vanille_
January 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
I've done both that on and the hot pink
both look great and are defiantly fun

I used to rock the Manic Panic Hot Pink in high school! I looooved that one. I might do that again next time since I'm not working (just finishing school).

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
I love the color I'm tempted to try it.

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Your cat is too cute! Btw, your bathroom looks a bit like a murder scene. LOL

Love the colour! Very pretty!

Vanille_
January 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Your cat is too cute! Btw, your bathroom looks a bit like a murder scene. LOL

Love the colour! Very pretty!

Thanks! That's Loki, my Siamese. He's awesome :)

Yeah.. it does look like a murder scene. That's why DH calls it the Dexter Room. The first time he came back after I dyed my own hair, I used plastic wrap instead of wrapping paper. Quite a scene.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/218863_1937915320010_1006185449_32284130_4946245_o .jpg

oktobergoud
January 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Very pretty! I had to think of the Dexter room immediately hehe! :P

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
brilliant colour; love it.

faellen
January 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Lovely colour, I love Manic Panic dyes! :) Also I had to laugh at the handprints :D Lol

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
I love it! Then again red is my favorite hair color. :) I also love the hand prints on the shirt! My DH would so do that to me! ;)

Kat
January 1st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah.. it does look like a murder scene. That's why DH calls it the Dexter Room. The first time he came back after I dyed my own hair, I used plastic wrap instead of wrapping paper. Quite a scene.

OMG. That would be me. I know I'd totally forget to clean it up, and my partner would get home, and next thing I knew there'd be this panicked voice yelling, "KAT! KAT!" Me: "what?" Him: "Are you okay? What happened?" Me: "I dyed my hair" Him: "I thought somebody came in and slashed you, or you slit your wrists or something! You can't leave the bathroom like that! I thought you were dead!" That is almost EXACTLY how the conversation would go down... he freaks out so easily!

I love it, though. Especially the one in the sunlight. I'd love to do my hair some bright color, but OMG, it would never come out!

rach
January 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
no dying the cat

SoSallie
January 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Awesome color in the sun!

I used to use manic panic vampire red on my brown hair back when it was longer. Wish I would have thought of the wrapping paper!

I found I could really stretch it for touch ups and to brighten it by filling the container back up with with conditioner and mixing it up, then applying on wet hair.

becks113
January 1st, 2012, 10:13 PM
Looks fantastic!

darklion
January 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM
I agree with everyone else.
It looks amazing.

great name for the scene of the event
and adorable fur baby.

Mythica
January 2nd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Utterly gorgeous color! Very nice. :D

misspurdy06
January 2nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
I'm surprised you needed 2 jars.

Did you comb it in till it got a little frothy?

How long did you leave it in?

I had hip length, thick hair when I did my hair blue and I only need one jar. The secret to stretching it and applying properly is to comb it down the length. It lasts longer and won't rub off on everything.

mrs_coffee
January 2nd, 2012, 05:16 AM
I love it!

gingerella
January 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
The colour looks amazing in the sunlight!

Zapookie
January 2nd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Thats such a nice red colour. We don't have Manic Panic here. I use Renbow Crazy Color in aubergine on my hair. My hair is currently a deep purpley colour. I love it!

Vanille_
January 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
There are two jars, because one was leftovers from last time. When I did it myself last time, I used about 3/4 jar. Somehow he managed to use 1 1/4 jars. I left it in for about 3-4 ish hours.

vatikagirl
January 2nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
I shall have to agree with your hubby, does kinda look like Dexter zone. LOL.
Absolutely love the color and the effect. :)

Buffy
January 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Looks awsome!!

Navydoc_76
January 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
i LOVE it!!! what a beautiful color!!

Vanille_
January 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
I tried to dye my hair red for years before trying Manic Panic again. Silly me. I should have used what I knew worked for my hair. Like I said, it says temporary - a couple of weeks. Yeah right. It stays in my hair for months. Fades a litte and roots show? Sure.. but the color still shows in the sun!

My hair is actually a bit frazzled though. I think I need to do a deep condition soon, looks a bit unhealthy. But I read Manic Panic isn't damaging? I thought? Oh.. maybe it's the fact that I clarified before putting it in, but used no conditioner since. That's probably it.

ETA: Can anyone tell me if my hair looks fine by that last picture? Is that what is meant by translucent?

vampodrama
January 2nd, 2012, 09:38 AM
This looks AWESOME.

Makes me really miss my crazy hair days (engine red, hot pink, green, blue... yeah, I did it all).

Maybe I'll try a hot red one day - does it work over henna?

Vanille_
January 2nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
does it work over henna?

I'm not sure. But I can't imagine why not. I am not sure... but I think I've heard that this product is not for everyone -- that my long lasting results are not the norm. I could be wrong though. I just know that this product is the best color penetration I have ever used.

ElusiveMuse
January 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Looks great! I can't believe how much color your dark hair takes.

BelleBot
January 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Wow it looks fantastic. I use Directions on my hair (mixture of henna and virgin) I use Poppy Red or Rose Red depending on my mood. I'm currently rocking rose red as it's so pink. Unfortunately I accidentally dyed my cat in the process, she now has a tiny pink patch on her belly. Whoops.
Your cat is gorgeous, good job she didn't get caught by the dye.

SoulOfTheSea
January 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
It looks fantastic! :)

I love Manic Panic. It's so gentle, affordable, and it lasted a long time in my hair. I had a Purple Haze streak in my natural hair color for a while- it lasts several months if you do it right! :)

fairystar32
January 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Love the sun colour :)

MagicalMystery
January 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Very nice!! I used to use Tiger Lily over my virgin hair all the time. Love vegetable dyes! :)

AngryVikingGirl
January 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And it's definitely a Dexter Room.:D

Lissandria
January 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Love this. Makes me want to try it too!

MagicalMystery
January 4th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! And it's definitely a Dexter Room.:D

Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw the photo was Dexter. Nah, I'm not hooked on that show at all. :D

Huge fan of Punky Color too. I used to use Poppy Red quite often. Their dye smells like strawberry shortcake to me!