PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth rate- MLB to WL

Long_hair_bear
December 31st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hey all!

Ok so I know hair growth rate is different for different people at diffent times of the year, but how long do you chappies think it would take to grow hair from mid back length to waist length? I just want guesstimates and opinions as I know it varies on a lot of factors. :D

Thanks for the input!

Dragon Faery
December 31st, 2011, 09:43 PM
It will depend on your growth rate as well as the number of inches in between. :)
If you have about 2" in between, and your hair grows an inch a month, it will take you about 2 months.
But if you have about 4" in between the two, and your hair grows a more average rate of 1/2" a month, it will take you 8 months, assuming you have no growth stalls and don't trim.
If your hair grows really slowly and you happen to have a looong torso, it could take longer still.
It also depends on if you want a thick hemline or not, if you have to trim off damage (or trim to thicken up), and whether you have curls (which eat up length) to account for.

So it's a pretty subjective answer, but if you're not extremely long-torso-ed, and you don't plan on trimming much, chances are good you can do it in about 6 months, give or take a few months.

Hope that helps!
And welcome to LHC!

Long_hair_bear
January 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your input. I'm going to try for 6 months but we will see how it goes. My hair grows slower than I'd like. I'm at 24 inches right now and need to get to 38 for the length I want. Thanks!

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
I would say it will take you about 2 years, maybe a bit more if your growth rate is slow.

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
From 24" to 38" your looking at 2 years without trims if your hair grows the average 1/2" a month. I trim and I am presently 31" and was 24" in May 2008, it takes time and patience I am afraid!

NymphSpirit
January 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mmm... I think 6 months is too much... I don't know, it depends on how much your hair has to grow and how much it grows... I'd say around 4 months as a lot...

Long_hair_bear
January 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
4 months or 2 years, I'm willing to wait!

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
^^ good for you! its taken me 6 years from neck to my siggi! you will get there before you know it.

cabellolargo_15
May 29th, 2018, 04:49 PM
It was 6 months to a year for me

lithostoic
May 29th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Just checked, it took me 8 months.

Glitch
May 29th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I'm high waisted and it took me just a few months, if even. As a trade off, it'll be forever until I reach hip :p

Krissycats
May 29th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Hey all!

Ok so I know hair growth rate is different for different people at diffent times of the year, but how long do you chappies think it would take to grow hair from mid back length to waist length? I just want guesstimates and opinions as I know it varies on a lot of factors. :D

Thanks for the input!

That’s where I am too. I am hoping to reach waist by Christmas. I was guessing it might be November but I’m not sure. I have about three inches to go when my hair is dry. Check out the “Waist by Christmas” thread.

Glitch
May 29th, 2018, 07:51 PM
That’s where I am too. I am hoping to reach waist by Christmas. I was guessing it might be November but I’m not sure. I have about three inches to go when my hair is dry. Check out the “Waist by Christmas” thread.

Good luck and hopefully you do make it by Christmas! :heartbeat However, Long_hair_bear posted over 6 years ago so I'm sure they passed that milestone long ago :o

Dark40
May 29th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Thanks for your input. I'm going to try for 6 months but we will see how it goes. My hair grows slower than I'd like. I'm at 24 inches right now and need to get to 38 for the length I want. Thanks!

My hair also grows slower than I'd like too. I had a friend in high school that had hip length hair, and then she cut it up to BSL, and within a 3 month period her hair had grown all of the way back down to her hips again! I was in total shock. I was like, "How can anyone's hair grow that fast naturally?" Then, I figured it on my own that some other people's hair can grow that fast. Or, that it can be possible.