PDA

View Full Version : Missing tiny bits of length?

raveness13
December 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
So I just trimmed my hair, it wasn't really that much, less than 1/2 an inch. I had finally (finally!) gotten past BSL, but my ends weren't that healthy, and my hemline wasn't too neat either. So I decided to trim. :scissors: Yes, my ends are healthier and neater, but for some odd reason, I really miss the tiny bit of length. :( There was just something about that little amount that was special. Has anyone else felt this way about such a small amount of hair, or is it just me?

bna_rapunzel
December 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
In the same way. Luckily I started my hair journey with mostly virgin hair, so I haven't had a legitimate cut or "trim" in over 4 years. I "dust" about a centimeter or less every season (3 months) and s&d often but if I cut off anymore than that I get sad. :p

gogirlanime
December 31st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Anything 1 inch or more I think "I gotta wait 1-2 months to get that back and I'll never get it back" losing hair is like losing time, you never get it back.

dulce
December 31st, 2011, 11:37 PM
I cut off my very " v"hemline to make it a blunt straight across hemline last spring[3 inches],I still think how long it would be now if I hadn't done that.

woolyleprechaun
January 1st, 2012, 02:49 AM
HeHe....I think it happens to everyone. I had a tiny tidy-up trim a few weeks ago (that ended up a bit too much) and now Im that bit further off BSL than before, and it HURTS:(

julliams
January 1st, 2012, 03:38 AM
Yes but try not to think about it too much. You will soon forget about it and move on.

raveness13
January 1st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Ok, thanks. I feel much better. I'll try to stop thinking about it and just enjoy my hair.

jacqueline101
January 1st, 2012, 06:16 AM
Yes when I went for a trim. I was afraid I'd end up butchered. I don't know if it was that fear or the trim but I did miss my half inch. I did end up having a good salon visit. I think it was my hair I missed.

QMacrocarpa
January 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
When I self-trimmed an inch and couldn't do the lazy wrap bun I'd just learned anymore, what cheered me up was learning a couple of new styles that I could do. And really, it wasn't long before I was lazy wrapping again.

LovingLife
January 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I woke up today with about four inches shrinkage and nearly cried! :(

Gingerbear
January 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
That happens to me too, but usually after about a week I get used to the new length.

teela1978
January 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
It always surprises me how much shorter just a 1/2 inch trim makes my hair feel. I don't miss it too much, but when playing with my hair I definitely feel the difference!

spidermom
January 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
I barely notice a trim of 1 inch or less, but when it's 2 inches or more - the change is significant. I don't mind it too much, though. Dried out, damaged ends aren't worth hanging onto; they're likely going to split and break off anyway. I think of a trim as "gain" not "loss".

Egana
January 1st, 2012, 10:54 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I woke up today with about four inches shrinkage and nearly cried! :(

shrinkage = grrrr!!!

Amber_Maiden
January 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM
Yep. whenever I trim more than 3in, I feel that way.