PDA

View Full Version : Do people notice when you get a drastic cut

Lostsoule77
December 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Just curious because my niece-in-law went in for a trim right before Christmas and the hair dresser cut off 12 inches! Christmas eve there were between 30-40 or so at my sister's house and the only two people who noticed were my sister and I.
I mean she went from around hip length to around APL :( and ONLY 2 out of 30-40 people noticed! There were about 10 kids and about half of the adults were men. That still leaves around 15 women. :confused:
I get when people don't notice when us long hairs trim a few inches. I just couldn't believe that so few people noticed 12 inches taken off. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? I'd be devastated if that much was cut off my hair when I didn't want it to be. To then have that compounded by noone even noticing would make it that much worse. I know she was pretty upset.
What do you all think? Would this bother you or not?

spidermom
December 31st, 2011, 05:26 PM
I notice because I'm hair oriented, but not every body is. I once hurt my husband's feelings by failing to notice that he shaved off his mustache. That was embarrassing!

trillian
December 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM
A couple weeks ago, I had 4 inches trimmed off. I struggled with the idea, worried it would make me unhappy, etc. I went, got the trim, and came home. my husband looked at me and said "I thought you were going to get a haircut?" And no one else has noticed at all. :) I have to admit, I was a bit miffed!

jacqueline101
December 31st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah people notice.

Delila
December 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I notice, but then again, if I haven't seen someone for a while, I may not clue in right away.

Mesmerise
December 31st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Is it that people don't notice, or they don't comment? I must admit that I generally notice straight away when someone has cut their hair or done something else. I always have. I have cut tons of my hair off this year (but not in one fell swoop) and I don't think anyone has commented that my hair is getting shorter rather than longer LOL! Maybe if I'd cut it off all at once it would have had more impact though.

Still, I noticed that when I got my labret piercing. I think two people commented on it, and I think it's pretty frigging obvious when you get a facial piercing. My sister said the same thing when she got hers. She put it down to people just not noticing, but I figured it was people not commenting rather than not noticing.

Also with your niece-in-law's hair, had all those people seen her recently or not? I mean sometimes you only see relatives once a year, and even if she'd had really long hair a year ago, people may not have felt the need to comment because a whole year has passed since they saw her? (I have no idea if this is the case or not of course). It might also be significant if she rarely wore her long hair down, and thus people may not have registered how long it was?

Amber_Maiden
December 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hmmm... Sometimes, but not really. My hair is pretty thick.

DakarNick
December 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
So her 12" haircut was planned or was it supposed to be less length? I notice an inch or two, but as mentioned I am hair oriented. I noticed my wife's salon trim of an inch. :)

UltraBella
December 31st, 2011, 06:59 PM
I think many people just don't take much notice of hair in general. If it doesn't interest them, they may notice but not comment.

VONNiiE
December 31st, 2011, 07:32 PM
I understand how you feel! Hair, which takes so long to grow and maintain... cut! all that TLC and time gone unnoticed!

jaine
December 31st, 2011, 08:33 PM
I definitely notice when someone loses a few inches... but I don't comment on women's hair unless it's a stylistic change, like bangs or layers where there were none, or hair that looks shorter from the front. (hip to APL looks the same from the front so that's the same "style" for my purposes.)

Why don't I say anything?
A) I don't want to sound like I pay too much attention.
B) I feel like women who change their style might need a little confidence boost that they still look ok...women who are maintaining the same style probably don't need that.

luxepiggy
December 31st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Nope. And to be perfectly honest, I rarely notice when other people make drastic changes to their hair. I'm far more likely to spot a new handbag or a cute pair of shoes (^(oo)^)v

Carolyn
January 1st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Nope. I cut 7" off my hair 4 weeks ago and not one person has commented including Mr Cranky. I didn't expect any comments. I was afraid of getting comments and was very relieved when I didn't get any.

I don't think most people notice hair like "we" do. It's just hair to them and of very little interest. When hair gets past shoulder length it's long to lots of people and they really can't see and don't notice the differences. Most people are focused on themselves, watching their own parade, so to speak.

oktobergoud
January 1st, 2012, 05:18 AM
I think a lot of people don't see it, I don't know why! I think a lot about hair I guess, so I always see those kind of things. But other people don't! I cut my bangs really short a few days ago and the only one who noticed a difference thought I had new glasses instead of bangs! :P

neverever
January 1st, 2012, 05:18 AM
I have never had longer hair than almost APL, so when I cut off a few inches it really shows... :o

Lucky
January 1st, 2012, 05:44 AM
I understand, but I think that a lot of people just don't notice that much, especially with what they would consider long hair - they probably don't see much distinction between waist and apl.

I went from APL+ length to an above the shoulder cut this past summer and not that many people seemed to notice, or at least they didn't comment on it (though maybe it was out of politeness because it was not a flattering cut lol).

Lize
January 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
It's weird... When I cut off 3.5 inches earlier this year very few people noticed. Actually people seem to comment more on the fact that my hair is getting longer. Maybe because that is more unusual for me. I never had really long hair but lots of shorter haircuts.

MonaMayfair
January 1st, 2012, 06:34 AM
When I had about six inches cut off once, only one (male) friend noticed.
He was also the only person who noticed when I had veneers on my teeth.
I think most people aren't very observant.

aster66
January 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM
Nobody really notices when I get drastic trims. However when it's a change in style people do seem to notice it more. When I got my hair layered a lot of people commented on it.

XcaliburGirl
January 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
People definitely notice really drastic cuts like waist to above shoulder length. When it's going from really long to long, they might not notice since they are just looking at the person's face.

Plus, I agree that just because people notice, it doesn't mean they will comment. Not every single person I met commented when I cut from APL to pixie, even though it was obvious. If I was unhappy with a cut, I think I would prefer that people didn't comment on it.

woolyleprechaun
January 1st, 2012, 07:24 AM
People only usualy register people as 'long haired' 'short haired' 'blonde' 'brunette' etc, so I think that even if 12 inches have gone, its not like shes turned up with a buzz or a bob. She probably just appeared to be still long haired to those that dont know her that well :)

MonaMayfair
January 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
People only usualy register people as 'long haired' 'short haired' 'blonde' 'brunette' etc, so I think that even if 12 inches have gone, its not like shes turned up with a buzz or a bob. She probably just appeared to be still long haired to those that dont know her that well :)

Yes, to most people BSL and waist length look like more or less the same thing, they're not all "every centimeter counts" like someone growing their hair is perceiving it.

I probably wouldn't make the distinction myself. I would notice a cut up to shoulder length, but not from waist to BSL.

Also, I consider BSL "long" (although my own hair used to be tailbone length) whereas some people on this forum consider it "medium"

And with lots of people using clip in extensions, I'm used to seeing peoples' hair length vary from day to day (which I think is really cool, incidentally)

cheetahfast
January 1st, 2012, 07:36 AM
I cut my hair from in between BSL and waist to my chin. Everyone noticed and mentioned that they missed my long blonde curls :shrug:.

I notice because I'm hair oriented, but not every body is. I once hurt my husband's feelings by failing to notice that he shaved off his mustache. That was embarrassing!

My mother didn't notice that my dad grew his mustache out a bit! When we were home for Thanksgiving we mentioned it and she was so confused! :D

QMacrocarpa
January 1st, 2012, 08:21 AM
I only recall my mother commenting when I showed up with significantly shorter hair. She's very keen on short hair and generally doesn't say much about my hair unless she can approvingly remark that it's shorter. But that does not mean that my husband didn't notice my hair was shorter. He was a lot less interested in combing it while it was short.

People often do not remark on things they notice (and what a mercy that is!). Mesmerise mentioned facial piercings. Yes, I certainly notice them, but I wouldn't have a thing to say about them. My thought when I see one is usually some variation of "on me that would look like a big silver zit," and no one needs to hear that!

Kelikea
January 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
When I got my hair cut 2 years ago, everyone noticed, and commented! I went in for a trim and to get bangs. My hair was probably near hip length, like it is now, but less layered. I came out with bangs, layered from forehead to cheekbone on the right side and all of my hair was chopped to BSL/APL and layered. I think everyone was in shock. HB was definitely NOT happy.

Last year, I got a trim to even things out and I think one person noticed.

This year, I got one trim and nobody noticed. Well, it was only 3/4in off the bottom layer:)

Sunny_side_up
January 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
It was a while ago and my hair wasnt a big deal to me.. when i had my mum cut my mid back hair to shoulder i dont remember much was said about it in college, my sister back then also had the big cut with me too, seems like we did alot of similar things with our hair growing up, now im telling her to borrow my coconut oil if she likes, to help her grow healthy hair, she had a teeny tiny trim at a salon a month ago, i was impressed that they tidyed her layers and kept her length!

At work people always notice when i cut myself bangs, or come in with braid waves or somedays have more hair shine than others etc..:p Lots of ladies there! Though saying that, years ago when i was growing out my heavily razored choppy short cut and was containing my hair in a claw clip, a few months of no cutting- i was using the work micro wave and a friendly polite man who works up in the dental lab said my hair was getting longer!:)

noelgirl
January 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Anytime I've had a cut that wasn't what I wanted, the only people to comment have been people close to me who knew I was self-conscious about it, usually trying to reassure me that "it's still long" "it'll grow healthier", stuff like that. When it's a cut I do want? Nope, not a word. Or they'll think it's something else - one time when I cut bangs, everyone thought I'd dyed my hair darker instead.

KwaveT
January 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
When I kept my hair short everybody seem to notice when I got a haircut. My hair grows just a little bit it would start going wild. After cut my hair was totally straight again. People tended to notice. Now that I am growing it, my hair getting longer has become quite noticable to others.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry I can't respond to everyone. I appreciate all the comments! I've never had a thread get this much attention this quick.

That is kind funny (sorry.) I do think that when we see people day to day though we don't notice the changes as much as when we see them frequently, but not all the time.

A couple weeks ago, I had 4 inches trimmed off. I struggled with the idea, worried it would make me unhappy, etc. I went, got the trim, and came home. my husband looked at me and said "I thought you were going to get a haircut?" And no one else has noticed at all. I have to admit, I was a bit miffed!
I did say drastic cuts. :) I know to us that 4 inches is a big deal, but I know to many people it just isn't. She had a 12 inch cut though. That's a whole foot and I couldn't believe it could go unnoticed.

Is it that people don't notice, or they don't comment? I must admit that I generally notice straight away when someone has cut their hair or done something else. I always have. I have cut tons of my hair off this year (but not in one fell swoop) and I don't think anyone has commented that my hair is getting shorter rather than longer LOL! Maybe if I'd cut it off all at once it would have had more impact though.

Still, I noticed that when I got my labret piercing. I think two people commented on it, and I think it's pretty frigging obvious when you get a facial piercing. My sister said the same thing when she got hers. She put it down to people just not noticing, but I figured it was people not commenting rather than not noticing.

Also with your niece-in-law's hair, had all those people seen her recently or not? I mean sometimes you only see relatives once a year, and even if she'd had really long hair a year ago, people may not have felt the need to comment because a whole year has passed since they saw her? (I have no idea if this is the case or not of course). It might also be significant if she rarely wore her long hair down, and thus people may not have registered how long it was?
You make some really, really valid points! I guess people can be pretty selfish and unobservant. I know that while I'm not all that selfish I am extremely unobservant. I still notice when a long hair chops her/his hair though and I tend to notice color changes, style changes, large weight changes, new glasses, etc. I have a very low interest in people (yeah I'm one of those kinda people) so I don't pay all that much attention to anyone. When people do make changes like that though I notice, don't know why. I comment partly because I do notice and like to reaffirm for people that things look good or whatever. I also say hi to people walking down the street as I pass or whatever. It can brighten someones day just like a smile. I know there are so many unhappy people and a little kindness can go a long way. Not that any of that has anything to do with this thread.:o Sorry.
She always wears her down, her ends were pretty bad so she did need a trim. Everyone saw her in September because we had two family weddings a couple weeks apart. My family is very close and we were all at both (one was mine) and all the same people were there Christmas eve.

So her 12" haircut was planned or was it supposed to be less length? I notice an inch or two, but as mentioned I am hair oriented. I noticed my wife's salon trim of an inch.
It was a planned couple inch trim. :( I don't notice an inch or two & I think most people don't. Your wife must really appreciate that you do. :) My DH does't notice anything!

I definitely notice when someone loses a few inches... but I don't comment on women's hair unless it's a stylistic change, like bangs or layers where there were none, or hair that looks shorter from the front. (hip to APL looks the same from the front so that's the same "style" for my purposes.)

Why don't I say anything?
A) I don't want to sound like I pay too much attention.
B) I feel like women who change their style might need a little confidence boost that they still look ok...women who are maintaining the same style probably don't need that.
I did notice when I was behind her. It did look the same from the front. She has light blonde hair and was wearing black & grey so her hair stood out alot. In response to A, most people know that I'm pretty oblivious. I'm introverted, shy, and can generally care less about others as long as I'm not being rude (as in I can care less about people in the best way possible. I'm not nosy or gossipy, I don't offer my opinion on situations unless it's asked for, etc.) I also could care less what most people think of me as long as I am happy with me. With all that said it goes right in sequence that I don't care if they think I pay too much attention. :shrug: As for B I agree pretty much with you except that with a big chop I think they still need the positive affirmation. Even on here you see so many threads about those who went in for a trim and got a chop. They are upset and want commiseration and to hear that despite the mistake they still look good. :)

Nope. And to be perfectly honest, I rarely notice when other people make drastic changes to their hair. I'm far more likely to spot a new handbag or a cute pair of shoes (^(oo)^)v
Piggy you are just too cute, as usual! :D

Nope. I cut 7" off my hair 4 weeks ago and not one person has commented including Mr Cranky. I didn't expect any comments. I was afraid of getting comments and was very relieved when I didn't get any.

I don't think most people notice hair like "we" do. It's just hair to them and of very little interest. When hair gets past shoulder length it's long to lots of people and they really can't see and don't notice the differences. Most people are focused on themselves, watching their own parade, so to speak.
Do you wear your hair down often? My DH doesn't notice much. In fact when he teased me just now about being on here again & I told him what I was talking about he said, "Oh just hair again. Wait who are you talking about?" When I told him he said he hadn't noticed. I think most men are not as observant as a lot of women. :shrug:
I think you are 100% right about most people thinking SL is long and not noticing anything beyond that. I like how you put it. :) It still confounds me though.

When I had about six inches cut off once, only one (male) friend noticed.
He was also the only person who noticed when I had veneers on my teeth.
I think most people aren't very observant.
You ARE right. I'm one of the non-observant which is why when I do notice something I find it odd that others haven't. I'm one of the least observant people I know.

People only usualy register people as 'long haired' 'short haired' 'blonde' 'brunette' etc, so I think that even if 12 inches have gone, its not like shes turned up with a buzz or a bob. She probably just appeared to be still long haired to those that dont know her that well
I agree, except it was Christmas Eve and ALL family who had seen each other recently.

Yes, to most people BSL and waist length look like more or less the same thing, they're not all "every centimeter counts" like someone growing their hair is perceiving it.

I probably wouldn't make the distinction myself. I would notice a cut up to shoulder length, but not from waist to BSL.

Also, I consider BSL "long" (although my own hair used to be tailbone length) whereas some people on this forum consider it "medium"

And with lots of people using clip in extensions, I'm used to seeing peoples' hair length vary from day to day (which I think is really cool, incidentally)
I agree on waist and BSL looking similar to many, but this was hip to APL. Twelve inches is many, many centimeters. I know most people, outside of here, perceive BSL to be long. It was just the foot length change that went unnoticed that surprised me. Most people, I think, would notice if their bed or ceiling or grass or leg, etc., was suddenly missing a whole foot. IDK Around here most people don't use extensions and noone in my family does except for funky color ones or the younger kids with the feathers. This was family not noticing and we are pretty tight for todays standards.

Again I appreciate all the responses! It's so interesting to see all the different points of view. I hope I don't sound too callous. (I know I can come off that way when you don't get my facial expressions and vocal intonations. I try to use smilies to get that across as much as possible. I also know I tend to overly explain things so PLEASE ignore this if that is what I'm doing. I have a hard time differentiating sometimes. I just don't mean to offend anyone so if I did I apologize. Just know that is not the intent, but my poor social skills shining brightly.)

Thank you all! I hope everyone is having a peaceful and happy New Year and keep the opinions coming. :D

jojo
January 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM
When I cut from waist to neck, people noticed and took great delight in telling me how horrible it looked, yet when I trim a small bit off it goes unnoticed. However, when I do a DC I am normally asked if I have dyed my hair darker probably because its more shiny.

I, myself notice the smallest trim in people because I am obsessed with the stuff!

Johannah
January 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
The last time I got a trim was about 6 months ago, I cut 2 inches. Everyone noticed that, except myself.

Miuku
January 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
Most likely I would notice but wouldn't comment. Especially if I suspected that the person might be upset about the cut.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
If I suspect they might be upset about it I tend to comment more. Hearing positive comments can often go a long way to changing a persons attitude. ;)

lolot
January 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM
i used to have waist length hair and i cut it to my shoulders, none of my male co workers noticed it, but all the women did, i even asked them and they never noticed i used to have long hair, i felt ignored :(

French Braider
January 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think people (including myself) really notice lets say a half inch to an inch trim. I know that sometimes I may notice something different but not mention it. I donated my TBL hair, and got it cut to chin, and people noticed especially because it was always in a braid before hand. I believe people can pass on an energy that they want of don't want people to notice and say something. I mean if you are gloating in your hair people will notice sooner.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM
i used to have waist length hair and i cut it to my shoulders, none of my male co workers noticed it, but all the women did, i even asked them and they never noticed i used to have long hair, i felt ignored :(
I generally prefer to be ignored. :DI know most people don't though so that is another reason I say something. ;)

I don't think people (including myself) really notice lets say a half inch to an inch trim. I know that sometimes I may notice something different but not mention it. I donated my TBL hair, and got it cut to chin, and people noticed especially because it was always in a braid before hand. I believe people can pass on an energy that they want of don't want people to notice and say something. I mean if you are gloating in your hair people will notice sooner.
That is an interesting theory that I think is quite possibly true! Thank you for throwing that here. :D

lolot
January 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
maybe is that i felt awful for cutting it, and most of the time i used to have my hair in a bun, the curios thing is that when i ran into a woman they inmediatly notice it even before i say hi, even if it was up, they asked me where was my long hair and putted a sad face when i told them i cut it

and the guys with whom i spend time everyday didnt notice anything, but they used to notice when i bought a new pair of shoes, and they always commented me on that i felt weird because i thought boys didnt care for shoes, they where more interested in that i guess

darklyndsea
January 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
I've had my hair go from classic to a bit longer than shoulder length...very few people who saw me regularly bothered to comment. I don't care how unobservant you are, it was like having another person on my back, and then all that hair was just gone! There's no way anybody's unobservant enough to not notice that.

Mesmerise
January 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM

Actually, this happened to me too. I used to work with a bunch of guys, and not a single one commented when I had my BSL+ hair cut to shoulders (and because it's wavy, it actually sat above my shoulders and looked more like a bob so it was very, very obvious that I'd cut it). I just thought they were too polite to say anything, and it never occurred to me that they just wouldn't have noticed such a huge change!

Mind you, one of the guys at work got an eyebrow piercing, and I commented on it and he said I was the only one who'd noticed, so maybe it IS just that guys are completely unobservant.

Hmm... that being said... my husband never noticed when I cut bangs either. And that makes a HUGE difference to how I look!

EvaSimone
January 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
I think we get so focused on our hair that it's hard to realize that not everyone cares or notices. :lol:

I went from tailbone to about an inch past BSL back in February and no one really noticed except for a few people. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed because it was a big chop but it pretty much drilled the point home that no one cares all that much. :(

A. Correira
January 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
I have been in that boat before. I went out and cut my almost tailbone length hair to about BSL or so. No one noticed at all! Everyone was still telling me that my hair was too long! I must admit that I was a little heart broken because that was a big step for me. That was the most that I had ever cut off of my hair at one time and I wanted a lot of people to notice, and no one really cared.

So I think that it isn't that uncommon for people to not notice....

Alex Lou
January 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
People notice hair cuts when the change is close to your face. The further the change is from your face, the less likely they are to notice. So people often don't notice when those with length past BSL cut. At least that's my experience.

Racquel831
January 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
it would bother me for a little while. maybe they noticed but declined to comment for whatever reason. Although its hard to fathom why 2 out of 40 would be the only ones to comment. that! I think your reasoning is good...

zombi
January 1st, 2012, 06:39 PM
Only one person said anything to me about it.

Dragon Faery
January 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Is it possible that people knew beforehand that she was unhappy about the cut, and therefore were careful not to comment? To some people, making encouraging comments can seem helpful (as you mentioned above, I think), but other people feel it's better not to say anything at all. That is what many people in my family would hae done: they would have withheld comments out of a fear of being rude accidentally.

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 07:32 PM
People notice hair cuts when the change is close to your face. The further the change is from your face, the less likely they are to notice. So people often don't notice when those with length past BSL cut. At least that's my experience.
Makes sense I guess. Still confounding to me though.

it would bother me for a little while. maybe they noticed but declined to comment for whatever reason. Although its hard to fathom why 2 out of 40 would be the only ones to comment. that! I think your reasoning is good...
Thanks. :)

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Is it possible that people knew beforehand that she was unhappy about the cut, and therefore were careful not to comment? To some people, making encouraging comments can seem helpful (as you mentioned above, I think), but other people feel it's better not to say anything at all. That is what many people in my family would hae done: they would have withheld comments out of a fear of being rude accidentally.
My family isn't like that. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not.

Loviatar
January 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'd say not everyone will notice if the hair is all one length. Not very many of my friends mentioned when I cut from nearly BSL to jawlength bob, for example.

I've just gone from almost APL to pixie, and now most people have commented. Mostly men, actually, and most of the comments have been along the lines of 'OMG what have you done' with a horrified face. Women in my social circle seem to like it, men don't.

However, the guy I was getting involved with? Hasn't said a peep. Not a word. *shrug*

Lostsoule77
January 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
I'd say not everyone will notice if the hair is all one length. Not very many of my friends mentioned when I cut from nearly BSL to jawlength bob, for example.

I've just gone from almost APL to pixie, and now most people have commented. Mostly men, actually, and most of the comments have been along the lines of 'OMG what have you done' with a horrified face. Women in my social circle seem to like it, men don't.

However, the guy I was getting involved with? Hasn't said a peep. Not a word. *shrug*

Wow! BSL to jaw and not one word! That throws out a lot of the theories in this thread, but maybe just around you. I realize that politeness & all that is different in different places and even circles in those places.

Men tend to be a bit more blunt about these kinda things. At least the ones I know. Perhaps your guy didn't notice? Either that or doesn't like it and doesn't want to hurt your feelings? I don't notice things about my DH. I'm so used to seeing him that things change gradually and I don't notice. :shrug: This case was more because I saw her 3 months before. It was enough time apart to notice the difference and not too much that I'd forget.

piffyanne
January 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Having read all these comments, I'm pretty impressed with my art professor--I upgraded my daily bun from a normal cinnabun (huge!) to a nautilus (which compresses my hair more) and on the first day I wore it to class he (!) asked if I'd cut my hair. I thought that was rather funny, because I hadn't thought it might give a different impression of length, really.

DBF is the most observant man I've yet met. I adore that about him. :)

Observers exist. I've observed them in action!

DarkSky
January 1st, 2012, 10:13 PM
I think the average (non hair oriented) person is more likely to notice if the hair cut changes the way you look in the face. Eg. face framing layers, bangs, a cut short enough to notice the difference from the front. That kind of thing.

becks113
January 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM
I notice other people's, but hair is the first thing I look at on people.. People don't usually notice when I cut my hair, I used to dye it so many colors & it changed so often people didn't even notice anymore, but oh boy, when i stopped the dying, I got SO many questions.. "your hair has been the same color for 2 weeks.. What's wrong??" XD