PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Hair!

caiti42
December 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hi all

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

As new years is approaching all over the world I'm wondering how hair everyone's hair is going to ring in 2012?

Give us updates, styles, photos and most of all enjoy your New Years Eve!

Hollyfire3
December 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I am doing my first cassia treatment in honor of the new year and am hoping it tames my frizzy waves! I am ssooo excited and the mail can not come soon enough!

pepperminttea
December 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I'll probably be in bed before midnight, so a sleep braid. :p (I might read first, just to notch up the excitement rating.)

ArienEllariel
December 30th, 2011, 11:55 PM
You know, I haven't really given it any thought. I'll be seeing a movie and then going back to a friend's house to do some fireworks, nothing fancy so I'll probably just have it down or in a half-up.

julliams
December 30th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Going to be with friends tonight for a BBQ. Want to wear an "oh so cute" 50's style dress but it's going to get a little cooler tonight BUT if I wear jeans I always get that bloated tummy thing and end up with stomach cramps (a little too big for my jeans ATM). So, the little dress might just win. I was just going to wear my hair loose and wavy and just be me. Maybe I'll put a flower in there to be a little festive. Looking forward to a great night with close friends and their families.

starrydawn
December 31st, 2011, 12:08 AM
I'm going to braid it and put a glowby in it. :D A glowby is a fiber optic hair extension. If I remember I'll post a pic.

missoj
December 31st, 2011, 12:28 AM
My hair is oiled right now, don't have anything special planned, but might leave my hair to just airdry.

Toadstool
December 31st, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'll probably be in bed before midnight, so a sleep braid. :p (I might read first, just to notch up the excitement rating.)

You. Are. Me.:)

PriscillaCherel
December 31st, 2011, 02:49 AM
I am just waiting for my henna today.. (hope hope hope!!) Then I put henna in my hair.. I want to were is down.. propably a little bit with a straightener.. only because it's new years eve!:)

kaiakai
December 31st, 2011, 03:15 AM
I think I'm going to do the seashell bun to go to church. I'm another one of those who will probably be asleep before midnight (unless I get woken up by the fireworks)

caiti42
December 31st, 2011, 03:56 AM
2hrs until midnight here :)

I straightened for the occasion :)

Mayflower
December 31st, 2011, 05:40 AM
I'm gonna have dinner with my brother and some friends of his (all my friends live far away or want to spend the evening just with their boyfriend -barf) so it's all about the food and drinks, but I still want to look a bit fancy. I'll be wearing a waistskirt and a sheer black blouse, and I'm probably going to wear my hair down with the side clipped back in a poof, maybe with a tiny braid hanging down.

aster66
December 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
SO fun to read how everybody does new years eve differently :) I'm going to an 'end of the world party' at my university campus. Because its party and everyone will look their best I decided to make an effort with my hair and I tried two sock buns last night. I slept in them and this is the result (sorry fro the crappy phone picture but I couldn't find my camera :( )

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6070/haarm.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it came out! I will definatly be doing this more often to curl my hair and give it more volume. To finish it off I added this pretty haircomb from H&M which I <3

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4070/imag0025l.jpg

IanB
December 31st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Happy New Year Everyone

hendricks82
December 31st, 2011, 06:21 AM
I slept in a heavily oiled bun, and today my hair gets a wash :-) Then its up in the Caruso curlers for some pretty curls for NYE. The whole family is packing up and heading to an old neighbors house. It's such a fun tradition! Kiddos have a blast and no one has to drive home in the middle of the night... now for a shower Anne then to go prep some snacks. Happy New Year LHC!!

jacqueline101
December 31st, 2011, 06:22 AM
I will probably do something like I've already gotten and use my real monistat on my hair. A treat from christmas but I'm now going to use.

hendricks82
December 31st, 2011, 06:23 AM
2hrs until midnight here :)

I straightened for the occasion :)

No matter how old I get, this still makes me giggle. You just rang in the New Year and I'm still in my jammies :-)

caiti42
December 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
No matter how old I get, this still makes me giggle. You just rang in the New Year and I'm still in my jammies :-)

It's pretty great. My man and I just crawled into bed at 1am on 1.1.12 and looked it up at its like 5am in Seattle 31.12.11. Crazy!

Lize
December 31st, 2011, 07:14 AM
Going to stay at home tonight for a mellow New Year's with BF so either home or up in a messy bun with a satin scrunchie. Right now I am doing a deep conditioning treatment with a plastic bag and a towel on my head. :)

jasper
December 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
It is 8 am here. I am trying for some no-heat waves with a bandana bun. This is hit or miss with me. I will try to wear my waves half up using my woven guitar string slide, but that could easily turn into an all the way up if the waves fizzle.

white.chocolate
December 31st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Spending the time with the family. It's up now in a crown braid (my first ever). Happy New Year everyone!

mzBANGBANG
December 31st, 2011, 08:36 AM
I put foam in curlers in my hair last night for the first time, so I am happily bringing in 2012 with a fro. I'll post pics after I muster up the energy to do my makeup. ;)

Aveyronnaise
December 31st, 2011, 08:42 AM
I have a sick 4 year old so I'll be ringing in the new year with him snoring on me,My hair is in 3 day old headband braids .
I know , I am sooooo glamorous !

Isilme
December 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM
Partying with friends! I'm going to do a Gibson girl style that I didn't get to wear for Christmas Eve since bf thought it looked like I had a pumpkin on my head!
ETA, 7 hours to go!

jujube
December 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
I'll probably be in bed too, so no special hairstyle.

xoerincolleen
December 31st, 2011, 09:48 AM
I'm going to a party and will probably have it in big curls. If I remember, I'll post a pic later!

blondie9912
December 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm going to a party with 200 of my closest friends, so I'll be curling my hair with a straightener. Yes, I know, bad me! I have my hair oiled right now and I will deep condition afterwards to try and minimize the damage. Oh, and can't forget the heat protectant :) Someone please comfort me and let me know that I'm not the only one ringing in 2012 with a hair sin!

MissCoco
December 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm going to straighten my hair after a year of waiting through the no heat challenge! :D I'm excited to see my full length (I was also in the no trims challenge) :cheese:

Ligeia_13
December 31st, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm going to be in bed also so I probably won't even wash it and let it remain the greaseball that it is.

trolleypup
December 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Same lazy bun as always, since I'll be at work...A Big Thank You to my managers for scheduling me on a shift where I have to make it across the city on transit at 1am...I'll be sure to remember this when they need a favor from me.

Dorothy
December 31st, 2011, 10:02 AM
It's 11am and we're cleaning, so lazy wrap bun with baerris comfy walnut comb, so far. Maybe I'll practice braiding later, We'll make cheese fondue at 5, bed by 10, I'm sure.... Vague awareness of the fireworks at midnight.

woolyleprechaun
December 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Well, I'll be in bed.....so I will have a devilishly sexy sleep cap on ;) I have washed my hair for the occasion, so its a soft fluffy treat for the cap :)

BrightEyes
December 31st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Since I probably won't be able to stay awake until midnight, my hair will be laying on my pillow fast asleep like me. That's what having 2 toddlers will do to ya.:D

I do have Caruso rollers in my hair right now for the day though. Does that count?

jojo
December 31st, 2011, 10:46 AM
I am in on my own will probably do another deep conditioning treatment, even though I did one yesterday!

Aliora
December 31st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Right now it's still in my sleep braids. We aren't going out today, so I'll probably do some experimental styles today. Maybe a crown braid if I can get it to work :)

cheycheyeyes
December 31st, 2011, 10:57 AM
probably either simple and down or a simple hairstick updo :D

PriscillaCherel
December 31st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Not very special. just a little bit straighten it and put some violet make up on:) No i am not wearing that every day hehe.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9144&pictureid=122383

ElusiveMuse
December 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm going to try some form of crown braid or maiden braids (because I'm still not good at Dutch braiding). We're going to a friend's party early in the evening and bringing our cat. Our friend has a dog (which our cat doesn't mind in the least) and a cat (who I'm worried might be grouchy about our cat), so I expect that our cat will spend the evening perched on our shoulders and she likes to nest in my hair if it's down.

But our cat is very social and loves going places on her harness so we thought we'd give her a NYE outing.

embee
December 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
My standard bun with a silvery hairstick. Big silvery earrings to match.

Don't know if I'll make it to midnight, though! :)

Pumpkin
December 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hubby and I are going to ring in the new year at home tonight. I will just be wearing my hair in a half updo. Nothing fancy...just simple.

gossamer
December 31st, 2011, 12:18 PM
We're not doing anything special for the evening here, but I have played around with my hair! A rope braid, accented with a length of small beads, up into a cinnabun, held with three spin pins.

http://xa7.xanga.com/bc88424763458280431304/m223400467.jpg

hendricks82
December 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
We're not doing anything special for the evening here, but I have played around with my hair! A rope braid, accented with a length of small beads, up into a cinnabun, held with three spin pins.

:thud: This is LOVELY!!

nakmom
December 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
I still don't know many styles, but I did just learn how to do a French Twist, so that's how my hair is up today. :)

catarinalaree
December 31st, 2011, 12:29 PM
I'll be putting my hair up in a very messy crown braid! I don't think I got the hang of it so well but it's an effort worth making :) I'm doing so because it will hopefully symbolise more of my commitment to putting my hair up + my faded gold highlights contrast ever so nicely with my dark brown roots.

Happy New Year everybody!

Ki
December 31st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Gossamer- wow! That's beautiful.

Shesta
December 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
I just did the woven bun for tonight. Will post pic later.

pepperminttea
December 31st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Gossamer, that is stunning!

You. Are. Me.:)

A compliment if ever I heard one. :D

hendricks82
December 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
My New Year's Eve hair. Caruso curls with my new bangs :-)

These curls ate up my length, but I think they are still pretty.

btw, the random combs on the mantle were made by my Dad as a Christmas gift :-)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9334&pictureid=122409

akuamoonmaui
December 31st, 2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon#p/u/31/bZ-a94bzwA8

Thinking about doing this.... I've practiced and have it pretty close, but not quite public-ready yet.

French Braider
December 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Nothing special at all. Probably just a pony tail or open.

Lostsoule77
December 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM

That is beautiful!!!

I'm just wearing my hair down as I do for most "special", occasions. I wore a half-up for Christmas Eve and a bun for Christmas day so I'm doing full down for tonight. Of course if it starts to bug me it'll be up in 3 seconds flat. :)

VONNiiE
December 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Curly Woerly :D

gossamer
December 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the compliments! :) As I've discovered, rope braids are pretty easy to do and then look ridiculously complicated if you then pin them up. Easy way to make a really fancy looking do in a minimal amount of time.

tamchronic
December 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
It was extraordinarily hot yesterday, so I went with a vintage-inspired updo. I pinned a roll curling inwards against the side of my face, twisted the sides up, and rolled the back. Paired with red lipstick, I got a lot of 'You look like you're from the 1940s!' comments, and when Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' started playing at one point, people pointed at me and said 'THIS IS HER ERA!' It was quite amusing. :)

Here's a picture taken at the end of the night (apologies for the low quality):

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qn72g6.jpg

I need to practice my rolls a lot. Hopefully I can get them neat and perfect someday!

Diamond.Eyes
December 31st, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'm currently on a camping trip ( I have web access via my smart phone :p) and my hair will be entering the new year in a loose side braid haha. I do have a shipment of cassia on the way to my house, so I'm hoping to give that a try within the next few days. I want the strengthening benefits of henna without changing my natural hair color. :)

Avienda
December 31st, 2011, 08:43 PM
I have a sick 4 year old so I'll be ringing in the new year with him snoring on me,My hair is in 3 day old headband braids .
I know , I am sooooo glamorous !

This is my new years only with a sick two year old and my hair is in a Celtic knot bun atm.

gossamer
December 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
It was extraordinarily hot yesterday, so I went with a vintage-inspired updo. I pinned a roll curling inwards against the side of my face, twisted the sides up, and rolled the back. Paired with red lipstick, I got a lot of 'You look like you're from the 1940s!' comments, and when Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' started playing at one point, people pointed at me and said 'THIS IS HER ERA!' It was quite amusing. :)

Here's a picture taken at the end of the night (apologies for the low quality):

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qn72g6.jpg

I need to practice my rolls a lot. Hopefully I can get them neat and perfect someday!

Gorgeous! You nailed the look perfectly!

honeyblonde
December 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Just did an olive oil treatment, scalp massage and then conditioned with Pantene beautiful lengths. I made 2 braids while still wet. Should have a good hair day tomorrow!!! :toast: Happy New Year!!!

Dragon Faery
December 31st, 2011, 10:20 PM
1 hour & 42 minutes to go, and we're still driving through the cold, windy depths of northern Wyoming. So my hair's in its traveling cinnabun fastened with spin pins. :)

Happy New Year to all!

aisha.christine
December 31st, 2011, 10:37 PM
Right now it's soaking in an SMT :p I think it might dry before midnight if I'm incredibly lucky.

Just shook my magic eight ball. "Outlook not so good."
Maybe I'll ask again later.

tamchronic
January 1st, 2012, 02:10 AM
Gorgeous! You nailed the look perfectly!

Thank you, that's so kind of you! I still can't quite get victory rolls to work, so I have to practice a lot. (I am absolutely in awe of the images of your hair in your profile -- just stunning!)

Aveyronnaise
January 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM
This is my new years only with a sick two year old and my hair is in a Celtic knot bun atm.
Cheers to the Mamas!!

danivdp
January 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM
mine was down, including when I hit the sack at ten thirty, LOL.

LovingLife
January 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM
It was just a casual braid with tinsel :)

uptosomeone
January 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
I had mine curled in headband curls, then pinned back tightly on one side for on undercut effect and loosely on the others for volume. It was thoroughly enjoyable. :D

HumanBean
January 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM
I did this:http://thebeautydepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/TBDhairtutorialwinner.jpg

caiti42
January 1st, 2012, 07:58 PM
That is super cute HumanBean!

AnqeIicDemise
January 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM
I did the Chestnut bun again, except this time it was much neater. I added some crystal topped U pins at the top of the head to mimic Audrey's tiara thing.

And then I went ahead, got a bit tipsy and played Silent Hill 3 in my jammies. :cheese: