PDA

View Full Version : EVOO cooking spray

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 07:56 AM
works just as well and washes out easier too! just thought id share.

I sprayed it on dry hair and left for an hour, washed out well with shampoo and then I just applied my normal conditioner. I am impressed!

UltraBella
December 30th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Oh man, you crack me up ! Why am I not surprised that you are spraying yourself with cooking spray ?!? Lol !

Good to hear it worked, if it hadn't, this thread might be REALLY interesting ;)

Just out of curiosity, what are the ingredients in your cooking spray, uhm, I mean, your hair treatment ?

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
LOL! well it has;

Water
20% olive oil
emulsifier
soya
properllant gas - not sure ive spelt that right, my glasses need re-newing!
nitrogen
citric acid
preservative
potassium sorbate

Its dried on my fringe and feels really soft and smooth. Pretty impressed!

Aredhel77
December 30th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Oh man, you crack me up ! Why am I not surprised that you are spraying yourself with cooking spray ?!? Lol !

Good to hear it worked, if it hadn't, this thread might be REALLY interesting ;)

Just out of curiosity, what are the ingredients in your cooking spray, uhm, I mean, your hair treatment ?

Jojo's a woman after my own heart - this is exactly the sort of thing I'd do lol :D

I too would like to know what other ingredients are in the spray you're using :)

ETA: just saw your list, doesn't seem too bad...:shrug:

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Aredhel77 at least im not the only one LOL! the ingrediants are in the post above yours, nothing sinister really. It feels really good on my face and hands too, made them very soft!

Aredhel77
December 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Aredhel77 at least im not the only one LOL! the ingrediants are in the post above yours, nothing sinister really. It feels really good on my face and hands too, made them very soft!

Maybe you need to get one of those 'Mum, 42, discovers £2 anti-ageing grocery store trick and scientists HATE HER' ads up on the internet :D :cheese:

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 08:43 AM
LMAO!!! ha ha Aredhel77 that made me chuckle! ha ha its still making me chuckle :D

Aredhel77
December 30th, 2011, 08:46 AM
LMAO!!! ha ha Aredhel77 that made me chuckle! ha ha its still making me chuckle :D

Do it QUICKLY!! Could make you a fortune!!! (I'll 'manage' you if you like, hargh, hargh :D)

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 08:57 AM
LOL! i will go halves with ya!!!

ktani
December 30th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You can by a range of them,
http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=89#j87

The emulsifyer may build up but using conditioner does that. Clarifying should easily deal with it.

Nice one jojo.

ETA: one more
http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Mazola/Pure-Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Cooking-Spray/5-oz/761720980170/
"Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat Per Serving), Lecithin From Soy (for Better No-Stick), Propellant."

aster66
December 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hahaha, great idea! Too bad these aren't sold in the Netherlands otherwise I would've tried it as well.

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 09:56 AM
You can by a range of them,
http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=89#j87

The emulsifyer may build up but using conditioner does that. Clarifying should easily deal with it.

Nice one jojo.

ETA: one more
http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Mazola/Pure-Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Cooking-Spray/5-oz/761720980170/
"Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat Per Serving), Lecithin From Soy (for Better No-Stick), Propellant."

thanks Ktani, its certainly drying nicely and strangely no frizz at all!

jojo
December 30th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Hahaha, great idea! Too bad these aren't sold in the Netherlands otherwise I would've tried it as well.

aww thats a shame, its as good as any other oil treatment ive used!

cheetahfast
December 30th, 2011, 10:14 AM

It's possible to mist regular EVOO onto the hair too!

I bought some sort of spray/mister bottle that is meant to be used as a fill-it-yourself cooking spray. It's perfect for applying a light amount of EVOO to my hair.

:D