PDA

View Full Version : Best alcohol/paraben free leave-in conditioners?

SoulOfTheSea
December 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM
So I realized that since I live in a dry climate (yeah, it's dry year-round folks!), I should stop the use of aloe vera gel in my hair unless it is during the use of an SMT. Through this article, http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/ingredients/humidity-humectants-and-the-dew-point, I have discovered that leave-in conditioners will be my best bet.

So my question is, what are the best leave in conditioners? I mean I need a rich, natural, alcohol-free, paraben-free, and possibly humectant or silicone free leave-in conditioner. I have been considering NightBlooming Panacea, but I don't know if it will be rich enough for my climate? Also, it has alcohol in it, which concerns me.

So I am currently on the hunt! I do damp-oil my hair with olive oil, and I use jojoba oil in my dry hair, but it isn't enough.

Help will be much appreciated! :)

Loviatar
December 30th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I was going to suggest Panacea, but I didn't know about the alcohol.

Ida at Chagrin Valley makes wonderful whipped pure cocoa and shea butters. You can get unscented or have essential oils put in.

SoulOfTheSea
December 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I was going to suggest Panacea, but I didn't know about the alcohol.

Ida at Chagrin Valley makes wonderful whipped pure cocoa and shea butters. You can get unscented or have essential oils put in.

Oh that sounds like a good idea. :cheese:

patienceneeded
December 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I use a direct moisture (leave-in) conditioner by Giovanni. I only use about the size of a dime on my damp hair after CWC every 2-3 days. It is wonderful! Light, non-greasy, no cones, sulfates, parabens, etc. I found it at a local food co-op, but I believe they sell it at stores like Whole Foods and New Seasons. I have also found it on Amazon, believe it or not. I love this leave-in conditioner and may have found a product I will continue to use until they stop making it. I love to change up products, but this works so well that I'm going make it a permanent fixture in my hair-care.

patienceneeded
December 30th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Oh, I also use 2-3 drops (sometimes 4) of 100% pure Argan oil as well. That combo has done wonders for my hair. Much less frizz (almost none!) and SO soft.

Aliora
December 30th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I use a direct moisture (leave-in) conditioner by Giovanni. I only use about the size of a dime on my damp hair after CWC every 2-3 days. It is wonderful! Light, non-greasy, no cones, sulfates, parabens, etc. I found it at a local food co-op, but I believe they sell it at stores like Whole Foods and New Seasons. I have also found it on Amazon, believe it or not. I love this leave-in conditioner and may have found a product I will continue to use until they stop making it. I love to change up products, but this works so well that I'm going make it a permanent fixture in my hair-care.

I have a leave-in that I like pretty well, but it has alcohol :(
I keep hearing good things about Giovanni so maybe I'll give this a shot instead. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where do you buy your argan oil? I've had trouble finding it.

GoldberryHair
December 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure if it has alcohol, I don't think so, but it's paraben and sulfate free

Loreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave-In

has worked WONDERS for my dry hair.

SoulOfTheSea
December 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure if it has alcohol, I don't think so, but it's paraben and sulfate free

Loreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave-In

has worked WONDERS for my dry hair.

I'll have to check it out, thanks! :)

Long_hair_bear
December 31st, 2011, 08:48 PM
I use toadstool soaps handmade leave in conditioner. I use it twice a week on my ends and it works wonders. She is on etsy and hand makes all her hair products. There's also a thread under the conventional products part of this site about her. Good luck in your search!

CurlyMopTop
January 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
I use Garnier Triple Nutrition. I use somewhere between a pea and dime size amount on soaking wet hair. Then I scrunch and squeeze out the extra water and condish, then wrap with a turbie for a while. Works great! :D