PDA

View Full Version : To Twist Or Not To Twist

Tia2010
December 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I have a question about the turbie twist head wraps.

I just bought a few and while I really like how they absorb I was wondering about damage.
So, my question is: Is it better to put your hair in it, then twist it up into the loop (the standard way you see on the commercials) OR is it better to just place it on like usual, wrap your length in it from both sides BUT just let it hang down and just put a scrunchie around it to hold it in place? I ask because I always thought piling or twisting your hair on top your head could cause damage/more tangles.

So, To twist or no to twist ? :D

Lilli
December 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I comb mine while wet and then lay the towel on my head like a bonnet or veil or nun's wimple, tuck my ends into the tail part, twist, and button. Then I push the top/front edge back until it slides off my crown, so it doesn't flatten the top of my hair. It's very comfortable like this, and the hair is not rubbing against anything as it is wrapped inside the towel and not moving.

Renate
December 30th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I do what they show on commercials, but now you've mentioned, I think I'll start making a a loose bun and then twist it, so the hair won't be trapped inside the twist.. My hair has damage from chemical dye mainly on the longer threads on the top of my head, so I'll wouldn't know if it's also damage from the towel.. I've been using this turbie twists for years.

celebriangel
December 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I twist gently and loosely with my hair inside, and it doesn't seem to do me any damage. My hair is already detangled, since I fingercomb in the shower with conditioner in.

Tia2010
December 30th, 2011, 10:47 PM

I guess I will just keep folding my hair in then lift and loop without twisting or using the scrunchie to hold it while it hangs down, just in case... I don't want to cause any damage :)

I really do like the turbie my hair dries much quicker without dripping forever! :D