PDA

View Full Version : ACV and Manic Panic

Vanille_
December 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Is it true that an ACV rinse could help with bleeding after using Manic Panic? I had great results with Manic Panic recently (put it in almost two months ago, and it's still shows up in the sun and is bleeding). Any other suggestions for bleeding?

Amber_Maiden
December 29th, 2011, 12:22 PM
It did help when I did Manic Panic.

Vanille_
December 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you. I hope it helps me. Any other suggestions?

Kyla
December 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I did it right after I used manic panic, and it still bled and faded completely within a month. However, maybe if you did it every time you washed your hair, the results would be different? I also had no bleeding in the shower when I used conditioner, just with shampoo. Perhaps you could try CO?

unknown
December 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Just make sure you don't rinse out the ACV. I did that mistake a lot and was upset about it not working :D

Vanille_
December 30th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Ohhh. Am I supposed to leave the ACV in my hair?

theodora
December 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Yes and use cold water (or colder). Or get some Directions instead, it's cheaper and stays better ;).

Vanille_
December 30th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well I still have a bottle and a half of Manic, so I'll use it this time. The results were amazing though and it has stayed in so long. Will Directions be as vibrant on brown hair? (I use Vampire Red)

seaj
December 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Super cold water really helps. The water would run clear even while rinsing out dye when ever I set the water as cold as possible.

Vanille_
December 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah last time it never ran clear and I must have been in the shower for 45 minutes. I'll try super cold this time - oh what fun, a cold shower.

Vanille_
January 9th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Well. Cold hasn't helped much. My hair still never runs clear in the shower. I'm still too chicken to try the ACV, but I know I should.

unknown
January 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
(Diluted) ACV doesn't smell as bad as one might think, and once your hair has dried the smell will disappear completely. CO-washing also helps against bleeding.

spidermom
January 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
The smell of ACV never fades for me, and it gives red tones.

But I can use white vinegar, a small splash (1 tablespoon or less) into a 1-quart super-size cup, filled with warm water, poured slowly over scalp and hair. Then I rinse. No odor.