PDA

View Full Version : Hair pat-down!

noelgirl
December 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I can proudly say that last night, I got my first hair pat-down! :cheese:
Yesterday morning was a wash day, so I put my hair in a loose peacock twist so it could dry. Well, I completely forgot about it until I went through airport security - first I went through the scanner, and they asked me to step aside for a pat-down. Well, at this point I'm thinking that all bets are off - the TSA agent might as well just buy me dinner ;) But instead, she just went right for the hair! She reached into the mess of air-dried curls at the back of my head, found the clip, and shook it around a bit to make sure I wasn't hiding anything else in there. Then she let me go. But yay! My hair is searchable!

Amarante
December 29th, 2011, 08:44 AM
LOL... That's when you know your hair is long, when it gets searched when it's in a bun. :p

Lark
December 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Congrats Noelgirl! I'm just glad that that is all she found "searchable" lol

teela1978
December 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Yup. They're always digging through my buns too.

Pierre
December 29th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I'm unlikely to get that, since I rarely wear a single bun. But when I was returning from Puerto Rico, the TSA guy felt my front and asked me what that was. I pulled my beard out.

Was it Patrick or Patricia Downs?

Amber_Maiden
December 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I hope that never happens to me. I had being touched... ugh. :(

But congrats on it being search-worthy!

WyrdWay
December 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
next time put something interesting in there ^_^ like a plastic spider :D

I have heard about TSA having people take off their wigs!
The worst I have ever had done was a regular pat down, as I stupidly wore "tripp" pants and was setting off all sorts of alarms D:

sun-kissed
December 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Rotfl, well congrats! I am so glad I've never been searched at the airport, I can't stand people toutching me. shudder:

next time put something interesting in there ^_^ like a plastic spider :D

I have heard about TSA having people take off their wigs!
The worst I have ever had done was a regular pat down, as I stupidly wore "tripp" pants and was setting off all sorts of alarms D:Our poor foreign exchange student fell in love with metal studs and jewelry while she was here in America, and had quite a traumatizing experience when she was at the airport to go home. She had on a TON of metal because she wanted to show her friends when she got back to her country. :rolleyes:

Nae
December 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Yup. They're always digging through my buns too.

Which buns we talking about here?? ;):D

teela1978
December 29th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Which buns we talking about here?? ;):D

Hee hee, no one can keep their hands off my buns!!!

Beatnik Guy
December 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
But yay! My hair is searchable!
Congrats! :cheese:

CherrySilver
December 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
That's why I always leave my hair loose and down when going thru TSA -- I want to keep their creepy hands 'offa me!

noelgirl
December 30th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm unlikely to get that, since I rarely wear a single bun. But when I was returning from Puerto Rico, the TSA guy felt my front and asked me what that was. I pulled my beard out.

Was it Patrick or Patricia Downs?

Patricia, of course. It was ladies' night!