PDA

View Full Version : Loving jojoba oil

naturegirl321
December 29th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I remember jojoba oil in a dark bottle up in the medicine cabinet. It was huge and I think my mom only used it on my dad's scalp. It looked gross and sticky (the jojoba oil).

I always thought it would be thick and sticky and never tried it. I was just gifted a small bottle and I have to say I'm in love with in. My ends are great, my hair is soft. I'm hooked!

white.chocolate
December 29th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I've only just started using jojoba oil, and I like the results. But I don't see much difference between it and coconut oil on my hair. The thing is... thick? and sticky?? Is jojoba oil supposed to be like that? The jojoba oil I have is just the opposite of what you described. I'm now wondering if I bought the right one...

Milui Elenath
December 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
white.chocolateI think the op is saying it's not thick and sticky like she thought it would be. I'm sure you have the right one, it's a light oil never heavy but it can get viscous (thick) when it's cold as it is really a wax.

I love jojoba oil but it's just too light for my oil hungry hair. I do use it on my face from time to time.

white.chocolate
December 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
white.chocolateI think the op is saying it's not thick and sticky like she thought it would be. I'm sure you have the right one, it's a light oil never heavy but it can get viscous (thick) when it's cold as it is really a wax.

I love jojoba oil but it's just too light for my oil hungry hair. I do use it on my face from time to time.

Thanks! I misunderstood. Glad to hear I bought the right one.

aahavaa
December 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I've also started using the jojoba oil for the past few weeks.The coconut oil is too solid when it's cold and I'd been giving it a break anyway to see if my hair did ok without oil.
Seems my hair definitely needs oil a few times a month and have found the jojoba to be light but effective in helping to combat dryness and tangles, especially from wearing winter clothes.

ClassicalBlonde
December 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I have just started oiling my hair with jojoba. I too find it to be very light and it makes my hair so soft. I have very troublesome hair and at first I thought it would be too much for my hair. I was wrong!! Too bad that it's getting harder to find :(

eyesofsummer
December 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I love it too! I use it on my hair as a leave-in sometimes, but mostly I use it on my face-- a couple of drops on my damp skin after a shower and I'm perfectly moisturized even on these dry winter days! It makes my hands really soft, too.

dwell_in_safety
December 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I love jojoba oil. I use it on my ends when my hair is still damp after each wash and halfway between washes if it's needed. It keeps them tangle-free and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. It is my go-to leave-in.

Unfortunately it is very expensive and will be for the foreseeable future due to an extreme shortage, but I expect my current 4 oz bottle that I've had for three months to last me at least another year. When that's gone, whether or not I buy more depends on the price by then as well as how long my hair is/how much I have to use. (Currently I use 4-8 fingertips' worth.)

naturegirl321
December 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
No, no. I meant. I remember it looking thick and sticky. actually, come to think of it, maybe it was castor oil? Coconut oil, it's easy for me to over-do it on my hair, but jojoba oil is great. Has a dropper.

naturegirl321
December 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Unfortunately it is very expensive and will be for the foreseeable future due to an extreme shortage, but I expect my current 4 oz bottle that I've had for three months to last me at least another year.

Hennasooq is actually having a sale though.

Helenae
December 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I've used Sweet Almond Oil on my face, and loved it. Going to give Jojoba a try too.

What's the most effective way to oil your hair with Jojoba - on damp hair after washes, overnight before washing, etc?

Long_hair_bear
January 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM
I use it at night after washes while my hair is damp then braid my hair to help seal it in. It always makes my hair feel great. I use a leave in conditioner in which jojoba oil is the second ingredient after water and I love it. It also has vitamin e in it and is handmade.

Gingerbear
January 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM
I didn't know jojoba oil was really a wax. Learn something new every day on here.... :)