PDA

View Full Version : Hair Update with Pic!! TBL!!!

BrightEyes7
December 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Well I've haven't been very active on the boards and it's been a long time since I've done a hair update.

So I was doing regular dusting at the beginning of the year, almost every other week. It really improved the overall health of my hair. I was loving my hair at waist and then I stopped trimming, not intentionally... I just lost my hair shears! LOL

Then I got to hip length and was really not liking my hair. I was seriously thinking about chopping but I didn't.

So now I'm at TBL! I never really thought my hair would ever be this long. People always said "your hair is too fine, it'll never be long" and stuff like that. Well it's that long! And I love this length. My bangs are grown out now, those are the short pieces around BSL. I'm going to get the ends trimmed up a bit and I'm going to cut bangs again. I've thought about it all year and I think I look way better with bangs. I extended the 2 week rule to 12 months! LOL

So anyway... here is my hair today. It is slightly damp and it's been combed to show the length. Sorry for the poor quality and if it's huge or something.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5153&pictureid=122159

Hollyfire3
December 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
That is absolutly STUNNING hair!!! I love it! hair envy because my hair is only BSL...i have to wait...i have waves also so maybe my results will be half as good as yours!

eshta
December 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Love the color and the length! I hope mine looks something like that when and if it get that long.

ravenreed
December 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Looks lovely and healthy! Gratz on hitting TB.

BrightEyes7
December 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That is absolutly STUNNING hair!!! I love it! hair envy because my hair is only BSL...i have to wait...i have waves also so maybe my results will be half as good as yours!

I was at BSL Feb. 2010 when I joined and I've done lots of trimming so it'll be no time!

Also, I have recently started not touchin my hair with a comb or brush at all after washing. This has helped my hair SO much!!! Seriously!! It looks frizzy when I first get out of the shower, but once it starts drying the frizz goes away.

Hollyfire3
December 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I was at BSL Feb. 2010 when I joined and I've done lots of trimming so it'll be no time!

Also, I have recently started not touchin my hair with a comb or brush at all after washing. This has helped my hair SO much!!! Seriously!! It looks frizzy when I first get out of the shower, but once it starts drying the frizz goes away.

I have frizz issues too, (i think it comes with the waves and thickness) but i find it so hard not to fluff my hair as it dries, it takes so long to dry to begin with! Your hair in the pic doesnt look frizzy at all! Is your hair heavy at that length? i worry mine will be too heavy if i grow it out that long...

BrightEyes7
December 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

I have frizz issues too, (i think it comes with the waves and thickness) but i find it so hard not to fluff my hair as it dries, it takes so long to dry to begin with! Your hair in the pic doesnt look frizzy at all! Is your hair heavy at that length? i worry mine will be too heavy if i grow it out that long...

To be honest my hair is not very heavy. Certain styles make it feel a lot heavier, but as long as it's properly balanced it's not problem.

I was the same as you. I heard so many wavy's saying "don't touch your hair" and I thought it was impossible. Once I was able to stop fluffin and combing and touching... I was so surprised how wavy it was. I thought I lost all my wave with the length! I find it best if I feel like I'm going to be touching my hair a lot... While it's wet I'll roughly seperate in three sections and do a real loose braid and secure with a a clip rather than a hair tie until it's completly dry. You should try it, you may be pleasantly surprised. Also I find it helps to rinse your hair really well in the shower. I'll rinse standing up normal, flip my head over and rinse the underneath, then rinse again standing up normal. It helps me at least.

Hollyfire3
December 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

To be honest my hair is not very heavy. Certain styles make it feel a lot heavier, but as long as it's properly balanced it's not problem.

I was the same as you. I heard so many wavy's saying "don't touch your hair" and I thought it was impossible. Once I was able to stop fluffin and combing and touching... I was so surprised how wavy it was. I thought I lost all my wave with the length! I find it best if I feel like I'm going to be touching my hair a lot... While it's wet I'll roughly seperate in three sections and do a real loose braid and secure with a a clip rather than a hair tie until it's completly dry. You should try it, you may be pleasantly surprised. Also I find it helps to rinse your hair really well in the shower. I'll rinse standing up normal, flip my head over and rinse the underneath, then rinse again standing up normal. It helps me at least.

Oh the braids are such a good idea! can you sleep i them? i might try that! I alwasy comb as i go because i am not always sure i want so many waves...i do make sure to rinse my hair really well, if i dont it just feels yucky lol. thanks for the tips, i shall try them!

Maktub
December 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Gorgeous hair !!! And I am amazed how fast it grew !!!

newbeginning
December 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Your hair looks beautiful.

Amber_Maiden
December 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Lovely hair!!!!

sazzie88
December 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
brighteyes7 your hair is amazing i cnt wait to be that length again

dementedkitten
December 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Beautiful! Congrats :)

honeydippedxo
December 28th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Omg So Pretty!

aggie_deirde
December 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Pure hair envy!But I'm so happy for you!Can't wait for my hair to be tailbone length!

jojo
December 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM
your hair looks beautiful

UltraBella
December 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
It is so pretty !!!!!!!!! I love your color :)

einna
December 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Congrats! It looks really good =)

mzBANGBANG
December 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Your hair is simply gorgeous!

Cowgirl16
December 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Your hair is beautiful! :D Congratulations

Jean Stuart
December 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Congratulations it is beautiful.

BrightEyes
December 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! Well done!:)

CurlyMopTop
December 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Well done. Your hair looks very thick and healthy! :)

kanaka
December 28th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats! your hair looks gorgeous and healthy :)

Loreley
December 29th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Beautiful hair! :D I wish my ends were that thick...

Avital88
December 29th, 2011, 03:25 AM
its beautiful! i love the overall thickness!

MonaLisa
December 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Congratulations! You should be proud! It looks wonderful! :)

lapushka
December 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
It looks great! :)

FamBam
December 29th, 2011, 08:56 AM
congratulations, your hair looks wonderful and in really good condition!

PinkyCat
December 29th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Wowwwww! That's my goal length. Ok, gotta have DF hide the scissors for me....