PDA

View Full Version : Lovely

berr
December 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
and not one reverse mullet in the lot. ;)

Women in art. http://www.wimp.com/womenart/ I thought this was really cool and good inspiration, as well.

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
beautiful video, thank you for sharing!

GeoJ
December 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
That was cool, and nicely relaxing to watch. Thanks for posting it.

Mommyof4
December 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
That was so pretty :)

longhairedleah
December 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
very nice!

julliams
December 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Very nice but it goes too fast for me - I want to appreciate each face a little longer - lol

starrydawn
December 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing! :)

jacqueline101
December 27th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Its lovely I liked it.

berr
December 27th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Very nice but it goes too fast for me - I want to appreciate each face a little longer - lol

I wanted to examine each hairstyle a little longer. :D Pausing takes away the effect.

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM
What's a reverse mullet?

nakmom
December 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing.

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
What's a reverse mullet?

Google image search for "Kate Gosselin" - the cut is longer at the front, around chin length on her, and then short and spiky at the back. :)

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Google image search for "Kate Gosselin" - the cut is longer at the front, around chin length on her, and then short and spiky at the back. :)

Aaahhhh, I got it!! didn't even need to do the search :D

Arashi
December 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Wow, that was mesmerizing. *.*

Amber_Maiden
December 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM
That was awesome!!!

berr
December 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.maysstuff.com/womenid.htm Here is a list of the paintings and the artists for closer examination. I found myself trying to absorb the image, the hair, remember who painted it, and watch the morphing process all at the same time. It was a bit much to take in but was pretty cool anyway. I like this list, also. It slows it down a lot for my old brain.

pepperminttea
December 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.maysstuff.com/womenid.htm Here is a list of the paintings and the artists for closer examination. I found myself trying to absorb the image, the hair, remember who painted it, and watch the morphing process all at the same time. It was a bit much to take in but was pretty cool anyway. I like this list, also. It slows it down a lot for my old brain.

Thanks for that, my old brain appreciates it. :)

(I also love that the second painting of a woman with gorgeous wild wurls is called 'The Lady of the Dishevelled Hair'. :lol: )

heidi w.
December 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, I like how the women seem to move, and except for the modern stuff, notice a kind of similarity in the features of the women, facial features, the proportions....

Additionally, I also seemed to note a kind of chronological forward march along the spectrum of the various artworks, many of which I recognized, as will many of you. It seems to have been put together in some sort of chronological order according to when the work was created.

Neat-o. The music is lovely too.

heidi w.

kaned_ferret
December 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
The thing I noticed most was the fact that the prevailing thing that remained throughout all the pictures was the fact that almost all had lovely straight noses - I wonder if when it all comes down to it, it's not big lips / big eyes / beautiful hair, but in fact nasal correctness that is the beautiful quality? :)

pepperminttea
December 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The thing I noticed most was the fact that the prevailing thing that remained throughout all the pictures was the fact that almost all had lovely straight noses - I wonder if when it all comes down to it, it's not big lips / big eyes / beautiful hair, but in fact nasal correctness that is the beautiful quality? :)

Nasal correctness... that's a new one on me. :p Is a nose wrong if it isn't straight?

I just assumed the majority of the painters and their models were European. :shrug:

LaceyNg
December 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM

i was just thinking this! i was even a little sad that i wouldnt get to examine all the art!

and then you posted this! thanks so much!!! :cheese:

you're quite right!
i think it has something to do with people biologically being attracted to something that is a sign of good health, as is a straight nose, since it implies that the person hasn't had a serious illness or been in an accident of some sort.

AND they all had great hair! i used to be WAY more into makeup till i relized how important good hair is :)

berr
December 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I noticed the similar features. As well as a high percentage of straight noses, there was also a high percentage of high foreheads.

laura85
December 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Really interesting, thanks for posting!

DCN
December 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Magnificent!
Thank you so much!

Renate
December 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I've seen this video before, I love it, it's so beautiful.. I could watch it over and over again. I've done this, in fact..

Quetiepi
January 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Is it the noses or the symetry of the eyes? This was lovely. I like to go back thru the old posts sometimes & catch up on what I have missed.

long&blonde
January 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Beautiful;loved how it morphed into the more abstracts at the end.

sfgirl
January 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I love wimp! Haha, wimp and vimeo are my favorite alternatives to youtube. :)

pierrotlunaire
January 15th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! For anyone interested the music was Sarabande from J.S. Bach's 1st suite for cello in G major. I am a cellist, so I was super excited. Now, it is gonna bug me who the performer is. Was that Yo Yo Ma? No this is gonna drive me crazy....

kanaka
January 15th, 2012, 10:25 PM
That was so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Teazel
January 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Amazing, and quite moving. Thanks for posting it! :flower:

Mannaz
January 16th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I enjoyed this, and list made it all the better! Thanks for sharing :)