PDA

View Full Version : Co-wash with hair mask?

Martukita
December 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I was wondering if a cone free hair mask would be fine to do a co-wash. I have got one that I love so much (Garnier Oleo Repair) and makes some lather. What you think about it? Thanks!!:)

Shesta
December 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I just did that! :D Now my hair is still wet but I'll report you my results in the morning!

Martukita
December 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I just did that! :D Now my hair is still wet but I'll report you my results in the morning!

Cool! :D I want to do it tomorrow so will look forward your results!

Mina17
December 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I think it would be fine to do occasionally. When I do an SMT or other deep treatment with conditioner I don't shampoo, so I guess it could be considered a co-wash. It might be a little rich and not cleansing enough to use it as your only means of "washing" though.

Amber_Maiden
December 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I think it's fine- actually if you look at the back of most hair masks you'll find they have the same ingredients as the conditioner.

Martukita
December 28th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I will try it later then. Crossed fingers it cleans my hair well! :rolleyes: It's going to be my first cowash!!

neverever
January 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM
I have done that for a long time now and it really works. CO "the proper way" didnt work for me at all, but when I tried a deep conditioner instead of a regular conditioner it works awesome :D The one that I use is really thick and I think thats great! Try it :p

Lize
January 1st, 2012, 06:30 AM
I do that, but not every wash. :) I think that would be to heavy for my hair.

fridgee
January 1st, 2012, 07:42 AM
About once a week I CO with what's called a hair mask, but is just a very very thick conditioner and it works nicely. There is no reason not to use a mask, just depends whether your hair gets on well with that mask or not I guess.