PDA

View Full Version : Updo that doesn't give waves or curls

bikerblue
July 13th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Does anyone konw of an updo I can do that wont give me waves or curls? I'm at BSL. Thanks

Snowblood
July 13th, 2008, 02:18 AM
hmm.. thatīs difficult. I donīt think there is an updo which doesnīt cause waves at all. Maybe a Gibson tuck (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=49), it should work well with your hair length!

tiny_teesha
July 13th, 2008, 02:19 AM
a pony tail will give you one dent...
Caterpilla has faint loose wave marks where the elastics are...
Uh...It's pretty tricky- it depends on how much your hair takes to an updo. For fine hair it can be seconds in a braid and out and retain the wave, in others you won't leave a dent unless it is damp first and dries that way-even then it may not last long either)
I don't think there is such a thing...
Unless you consider a head wrap a hairstyle? (wrapping hair around your head)

bikerblue
July 13th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks guys I have the fine type hair that holds a wave but not in a nice way! I'm a bit wary of pony tails i got a lot of breakage that took two years to recover from, granted I was bad at caring for my hair. I like the sound of the hair wrapping and love the gibson tuck thanks for the instructions Snowblood going to try that today.

julya
July 13th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Sometimes I will wrap my hair around my head, and then cover it with a buff to hold it in place. I usually do this only for sleeping though, as I think it looks a bit silly. I don't get any waves from it though.

bikerblue
July 13th, 2008, 03:10 AM
julya do you pin it when you do this?

julya
July 13th, 2008, 03:26 AM
No, I don't use pins, but I'm sure you could. I have a hard time using pins, so I prefer not to. I usually put the buff on around my neck, then wrap my hair around my head. Then I gently pull the buff over my head while holding my hair in place with the other hand. Then I usually have to do some adjusting until it feels right. Sometimes I cover the buff with a satin sleep cap to help hold it on.