PDA

View Full Version : Help me categorize my hair, pretty please?

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Now, I hope my signature picture works, otherwise this post will be pretty useless. :D
If this is the wrong place to post this, please redirect me.

First problem: I already had it somewhere yesterday, but right now just can't find the link to the proper terminology for hair length here on LHC...

Apart from that: How would you classify my hair?
What lenght is descriptive of it?
What kind of hair do you think it is? I've never done that and I chose 1b M ii because it seemed most plausible..... I haven't measured anything yet.. need a second person for that.

The photograph was taken inside, but with daylight-lamp on. The colour is realistic, although it looks a littler darker on the top in the photograph than really, there are sometimes more sometimes less waves there, but mostly straight.
It is clarified, washed cwc-style and it is air-dryed so I think it meets requirements for classification?
If you look at the bottom of the picture who should see my black bra strap, especially put on for convenient hair measuring! ;)

Would be great to get opinions! Thank you for your time!

Edit:
In the signature picture I did brush it and tried to get it to look neat, I loaded up a proper "classification"-picture, air-dried, un-brushed you can find on page 2!

MonaLisa
December 27th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I'd say it's 1c at least - see much waves there.
ii or ii/iii - should be easy to measure!
Looks M indeed.
as for length, I can't see well compared to your body, but thinking APL :)
Beautiful hair!

Hollyfire3
December 27th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I would say your hair is can i call this APL, it looks to be about ii thickness, but the pic isn't one of a ponytail, so i don't know, i with 2a or 1c type.

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'd go with Shoulder+ for the length, not far off APL. :)

For the hair-typing, it's difficult to tell with the photo being quite dark, but I can see some braidwave-esque S-waves in there, so I'd go 2a/b. Did you comb or brush it at all after washing though? It looks very neat for unbrushed post-wash hair! :)

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you!

Did you comb or brush it at all after washing though? It looks very neat for unbrushed post-wash hair! :)

*cough* :o I did brush it and tried to get it to look neat. It is much more, ehm, unruly when unbrushed (not more curls, just more standing in many directions). Didn't think of that interfering with categorization, sorry!

WaterMusic
December 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
It is basically impossible to really type brushed hair, although we can make a guess. It's just hard to tell if it has more pronounced waves or not if it's been brushed out. It looks like it could be anywhere from 1c to 2c, depending on how much the waves have been brushed out. As for thickness and hair strand type, that's not something you can tell from a picture. My hair looks waaay thicker than it actually is, simply because it has a lot of body. Check out this article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=164) for more help with the F/M/C and the i/ii/iii part of the typing. I suggest doing a proper hair typing picture and posting it for more help with the 1/2/3/4 part. Good luck!

Length looks not quite APL, but it's hard to tell because I can't quite see your armpits! :)

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I suggest doing a proper hair typing picture and posting it for more help with the 1/2/3/4 part. :)

Thank you, I will :)

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Length looks not quite APL, but it's hard to tell because I can't quite see your armpits! :)[/quote]

there you go! :D

white.chocolate
December 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Your hair type is definitely not 1b. Most probably 2a-2c. I won't know exactly because you brushed your hair. So I guess you'll be posting a new picture here?

As for the 2nd and 3rd classifiers, I can't tell from the picture. I wish that I was able to post a link here, but I don't know how with this device... Anyway, there should be an article in the articles section to help with hair typing.

And your hair is between SL and APL, as I can see from the picture. Almost APL.

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Your hair type is definitely not 1b. Most probably 2a-2c. I won't know exactly because you brushed your hair. So I guess you'll be posting a new picture here?

Thank you for answering, white chocolate! :)
I would love to post a new picture but I'm asked to "Please enter the URL of your image" and I don't know how I can do that... I can only "upload" from my computer, like I did with the signature picture... What to do? :confused:

white.chocolate
December 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you for answering, white chocolate! :)
I would love to post a new picture but I'm asked to "Please enter the URL of your image" and I don't know how I can do that... I can only "upload" from my computer, like I did with the signature picture... What to do? :confused:

I've never posted a picture in a thread so I might not be very helpful. Do you mean that the "upload" button is unclickable? If you're not on a computer, then I believe that you can't upload pictures.

white.chocolate
December 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Continuing... I can't upload pictures from an ipod as I had observed and I don't see anyway I can.

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7240 :)

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thank you!

Conclusion:
Find a photo hosting site, upload images from your computer or the web onto it. Then, it allows you to copy your image as a url link, and you can post it as a link in your post just like you would a link to an article, for example.

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Okaay...here you go!
This is my hair, dry and untouched by a brush. Sorry about the size, I'm still learning. *cough*

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k545/MisssStrangelove/classification2011.jpg

pepperminttea
December 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Going by the second photo, I'd say 2b/c, maybe 2c going by that spiral on the left. :)

Anje
December 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
From that last picture, I'm going to guesstimate 2c. It looks like you've got one big fat spiral curl on your left, too -- if you mess with washing and handling techniques, your hair might even end up being curly.

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
if you mess with washing and handling techniques, your hair might even end up being curly.

uuuh :D how tempting!

BlazingHeart
December 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I'd agree, either 2b/c or 2c. You've definitely got more wave than I do, and I'm either 2a or 2a/b, depending on who you ask!

WaterMusic
December 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
At least 2c. As others have suggested, you might be able to bump it up to 3a if you change up the way you handle it. That big spiral is awesome!

white.chocolate
December 28th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I also agree with the others. It looks like a 2c to me. If not, probably a 3a. But more certainly a 2c.