PDA

View Full Version : Good Hair Movies

Dorothy
December 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I just saw "Ballet Shoes" which is a great hair movie, lots of long hair and complicated buns. I also like "The Pianno" for the hair. Of course "Tangled" is irresistable to long haired folk.

Do you have any favorite hair movies?

Xawanlaya
December 26th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I can't say I have any favourite movies ... But I do envy the girls in Bollywood movies. Once I was watching the "Just married" and I couldn't help but noticing how thick the female main character's braid was.

Xawanlaya
December 26th, 2011, 08:55 AM
*favourite hair movies. That's what I meant

eezepeeze
December 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Ooh, I like this topic! Let's see, there is the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice; Little Women; Practical Magic; Sense and Sensibility (BBC); of course, LOTR. Some of the Asian movies, like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, have amazing hair. A Christmas Carol, with George C Scott. Even though they're not known for the long hair, I find the hairdos in some old classic movies to be beautiful, like Casablanca, Desk Set, It's a Wonderful Life.

Cool thread! I hope to see others favorites :-)

OhioLisa
December 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Try threads HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73358), HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25104), HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66661) or HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38359), just to site a few.

kwaniesiam
December 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I thought this was a thread about the documentary "Good Hair" with Chris Rock :lol:

It's a great film, it mostly is about black hair and the industry of products, extensions, weaves, and has highlights from the Bronner Brother's Hair Show and competition. It's not about long hair though, just hair in general.

aisha.christine
December 26th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I love both of the Elizabeth movies with Cate Blanchett for hair. I swoon over all the gorgeous Elizabethan hairstyles.
I always have to watch Renaissance-Elizabethan movies three times: once for the story, once for the garb, and once for the hair.
You should see my mother and I gab about it while we sew. :D

Hollyfire3
December 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Not really a movie but Charmed has some good hair (Piper in particular) Practial magic is good, (i think they are extentions though) and also The propsal (Sandra Bullocks hair is awsome!)

shazzshazshz
December 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Definitely LOTR, especially Arwen and &#201;owyn :) soo pretty <3 Do Disney movies count? Mulan and Pocahontas have pretty snazzy hair. Ha :)

LadyKate
December 27th, 2011, 01:03 AM
TV series rather than movie, but Game of Thrones.

MissAlida
December 27th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Izzy has nice hair and updos in Grey's anatomy...:)

auburntressed
December 27th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I am shocked no one has mentioned this yet, but... STAR WARS!

Okay, I know most of the elaborate hair styles in those movies utilize fake hair (but LOTR does, too), but it is one of the earlier franchises that featured hair as outrageous just for the sake of the hair itself.

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Second vote for Cate Blanchett in "Elizabeth"! Another great movie with lots of lovely long hair moving in elegant slow-motion :D is "Hero" :heartbeat.

Madora
December 27th, 2011, 06:42 AM
The European "Sisi" trilogy (condensed and dubbed in English as "Forever my Love") has the most gorgeous long hairstyles I've ever seen.

vintage88
December 27th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I watched Splash the other day for the first time, and loved the long mermaid hair :)

Ms Strangelove
December 27th, 2011, 07:30 AM
The European "Sisi" trilogy (condensed and dubbed in English as "Forever my Love") has the most gorgeous long hairstyles I've ever seen.

:D On Austrian TV we are forced to watch this at least two times a year! But yeah, lovely hairstyle.

Dorothy
December 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Well, I'll make another pitch for Ballet Shoes, it's not about ballet, and it was cute and funny. Plus the fabulous hair, there are 4 girls with different kinds of hair to enjoy.

I've filled up my netflicks queue so maybe I'll try to compile a list with to put somewhere. There are a lot of separate threads.

Aeris
December 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Catherine Zeta-Jones in The Mask of Zorro! Probably fake, but similar texture and color as my own, so it was always an inspiration for me. :)

Tennessee Rose
December 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
White Oleander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An6T_66uHLI

At first I was in love with that hair. But after seeing so much long hair, I even find it short.

Maelyssa
December 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Some of my fans would be the LOTR Trilogy, Stardust, both Tomb Raiders and definitely The Mists of Avalon.

eezepeeze
December 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
not a movie, but a new tv shoe, The Last Man Standing. The teenage girls on this show have really pretty updos and soft braided styles.

Amber_Maiden
December 27th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Any Bollywood Movie and all the LOTR movies. And Braveheart.

drquartz1970
December 28th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Well I'm surprised no-one mentioned the movie HAIR which I think has got to be a source of spiritual inspiration for anyone who loves long hair and a with a great long hair anthem that goes something like this: "give me a length of hair, long beautiful hair, shining flaxen etc"
Also the LOTR trilogy, The Pirates of the Caribbean, Doctor Quinn TV series also come to mind.

sazzie88
December 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I like some of the womens hair in Moulin rouge, They have lovely accessories

door72067
December 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Not really a movie but Charmed has some good hair (Piper in particular) Practial magic is good, (i think they are extentions though) and also The propsal (Sandra Bullocks hair is awsome!)

I always wonder if the hair in Practical Magic is extensions

might as well be since the house isn't real either :(

white.chocolate
December 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I love Minerva McGonagall's hair from the Harry Potter movies (when it's down, of course).

summergreen
December 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Practical Magic was one of my hair inspirations. My hair is as long or longer now but when I see the film I still think of their hair as much longer than mine, I guess its some comfort to know that it was extensions!

Dorothy, do you mean the BBC Ballet Shoes with Emma Watson in?