PDA

View Full Version : Warning for LHCers!

Cania
December 26th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I got in the shower today with a Soap and Glory face mask on, washed my hair as usual, then put on some Alberto Balsam (sp?) conditioner. I started washing myself, and the front of my scalp started itching. In a matter of moments, it started burning at the hairline and the top of my ears, and I could feel it spreading back. I stuck my head under the water, frantically washed everything off my face and head and jumped out of the shower. Luckily my mother was there to check and the redness didn't spread all the way back (it was slow) and the redness and pain is fading now after another wash and a different conditioner.

She thinks it was the face mask reacting with the conditioner, and I think that's probably it, as I've used both products separately before now without problems and the back of my head and my cheeks weren't red at all - only where the products might have mixed.

So be careful if you put a face mask on in the shower!

(When I got back in a spider fell on my foot, too, and scared the crap out of me. Worst shower ever! :p)

embee
December 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Golly, that's nasty! Burning redness and then a spider. :(

You're quite right about products mixing, we have no real idea what's in them and we're (most of us) not chemists, so we don't know what the chemical reactions might be. Best to use them one at a time.

Miss Catrina
December 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Doesn't surprise me, or it shouldn't, anyway. There's a sign at my school asking us to stop using a certain cleanser and a wax remover on guests at the same time because it "damages the skin". Kinda scary.

patienceneeded
December 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Yikes! That truly is an AWFUL shower! Hope your day improves!