PDA

View Full Version : Received complements on my hair today!

swearnsue
December 25th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I got my first complement on my hair since joining LHC, and certainly haven't had any complements for many many years. I've been using henna, so my hair is very dark with a henna red "glow". My grays are a brighter and lighter copper red. So today I curled my hair with my Caruso, using medium size and a few smalls around my face. When I too the rollers out I was intending to put it all back with a headband but the curls just kinda fell nicely around my face! So I found some old hairspray and ran the spray nozzle under hot water to get it to work and lightly sprayed my hair in place. Anyway, that was all I did and I got complements on the color and the curls. The compliment giver was on her 3rd glass of Champagne so maybe it was just that, but I have to admit I liked my hair. My roots are getting "sparkley" so it's time for another henna. I hope others got a Christmas complement too.

InkBones
December 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Sounds gorgeous! Compliments always brighten up the day, don't they? As for sparkles, I'm very fond of them myself. They must look stunning when henna-ed. I may only be 19, but my first sparkles appeared back when I was only four years old! Today, it's pretty easy to find one or two in my hair at first glance, and probably another 10 or 20 if you look somewhat closer all over. I vowed to never dye them once I get older and hopefully become 100% silver-white. :D

swearnsue
December 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I had gone about 10% gray when I was about 24 years old. Then they went away and I didn't go gray again until late 40's. I'm probably about 50% gray now, not sure. I like my gray hair but they look prettier with henna!