PDA

View Full Version : Padawan Braids. Has anyone with long hair got them?

AzuraBlaise
December 25th, 2011, 06:05 PM
So, for a long time, I have been wondering how someone with no layers makes a padawan braid and keeps it seperate from the other hair. My braids have an awful tendancy to get bigger or smaller and I worry about how much damage I'm doing to my hair.

Has anyone got any suggestions for keeping my hair tidy and protected from damage?

Would changing my braid style from English to Herringbone when my hair needs to be washed help at all?

blue_nant
December 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM
What is a padawan braid?

white.chocolate
December 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Excuse me for my lack of knowledge on Star Wars, but is a padawan braid a single long braid among very short hair? Or can it be done with long hair also?

Madora
December 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
So, for a long time, I have been wondering how someone with no layers makes a padawan braid and keeps it seperate from the other hair. My braids have an awful tendancy to get bigger or smaller and I worry about how much damage I'm doing to my hair.

Has anyone got any suggestions for keeping my hair tidy and protected from damage?

Would changing my braid style from English to Herringbone when my hair needs to be washed help at all?

I haven't a clue about the Padawan braid since I haven't seen the film. Perhaps you could provide a link to a photo?

As far as keeping your hair protected from damage, the best way is to wear it up.

At your length you might be interested in:

the sock bun
Gibson Twist
Peacock Twist
French Twist

You also might want to look into using a silk pillowcase.

The products you use can also affect the quality of your hair so you might have to experiment (if you haven't already found something that works for you).

Avoid heat--no blowfrying, hot curlers or straightening.

Use hair friendly tools and metal free elastics.

S and Ding periodically is a great way to keep those pesky splits at bay. Trim the ends every 3 to 4 months.

And never, ever, brush your hair when it is wet!

spidermom
December 26th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I did look this up. The same thing in long hair is called an accent braid, and the best way to keep it separated from the rest of the hair is to wear the rest of the hair up (bunned) or perhaps braided.

AzuraBlaise
December 28th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Link to the Star Wars wiki article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan_braid

Thanks for all your replies, and I'm sorry for not checking on this thread sooner. My concerns were that if I had a thin accent braid in the same place all the time, would it damage that hair or put pressure on the roots of the hair and make bits of it fall out, etc. I was wondering if changing the style of the braid after it's been washed would help at all, but after seeing how small my current braid is, I don't think that I could herringbone it. I'm sorry if my inital questions didn't make any sense.