PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know any gothic/ punk hairstyles ?

darkrose
December 25th, 2011, 11:22 AM
An upcoming or cut. I have blonde hair ( not allowed to dye it ) and I don't really want to use heat , so does anyone know of any hair friendly gothic updos ? Or styles ? I know its so damaged but I love twiggy Ramierez's hair from 1999, its so crazy.
Also merry Christmas ! :)

Shesta
December 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
You can do a faux mohawk.
Here's a nice tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabDXMsguBc
(and it's not obligatory to use heat, backcombing is also optional. I think you already have the required texture)

darkrose
December 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
@shesta that look awesome and I'm defiantly going to try that !:) thanks for posting the video.

RapunzelsMaiden
December 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I think this is more of an "emo" style but the extremely short layers (ear length) on top with the longest strands of hair on bottom which are very thin. Not exactly the style for everyone but some can pull it off very well.

AcornMystic
December 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I love that fauxhawk, but the back-combing, as always, made me cringe. I think I will try that style for myself with a pony tail and use curlers in it then just set the curls up without back-combing into overlapping loops. When my hair is long enough of course.

Sorry I don't have any styles to contribute. The faux/mohawk is the only one I can think of for punk (lots of coloured hair extensions as punk was all about funky colours and rebelling to the norms). I really don't know much of goth.

salamander
December 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
There's always the Sanjaya ponyhawk approach to the fauxhawk, that probably could be done without any backcombing.

Chamy
December 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
You can do a faux mohawk.
Here's a nice tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabDXMsguBc
(and it's not obligatory to use heat, backcombing is also optional. I think you already have the required texture)

That is so cute! :D

Miss Catrina
December 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM
There's always "vampire bangs" which point down in a V shape.

BlazingHeart
December 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM
If you can get some colored extensions a little longer than your hair, you can do a bun and fan your ends against the back of your head. See the dance scene in A Knight's Tale, the female lead's hair. Sorry ican't remember her name