PDA

View Full Version : Christmas eve candlelit service...

hurricanexkat
December 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
So, did anyone else have the same irrational fear I did at the Christmas eve candlelit service? I kept sniffing the air to make sure no hair was burning, pulled mine back tight and low to make sure it wouldn't ignite, and about had a heart attack as my dad flailed his wildly and about brushed it on my moms hair.

Kaelee
December 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
It's not an irrational fear depending on how many candles are present and who is holding the candles. :)

white.chocolate
December 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I am always careful when there is fire around me. My hair once caught fire on the stove and that was a really dangerous experience. I was lucky that it only just started burning until I recognized it.

becks113
December 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm very cautious around fire.. Even though my hair isn't that long.. I had an unfortunate experience with a lighter which cost me a large portion of my fringe.. Never want to go through that again.

RapunzelsMaiden
December 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM
In science lab I get so nervous cuz everyone is so lost in their own world, clueless, and walking around with a lit match trying to get information! I'm always like stay aawwaayy from my hair please haha

bluesnowflake
December 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hahaha, I showered on purpose right before the service and left my hair up and wet specifically so it wouldn't catch on fire :P

And oh, bunsen burners last year were scary. Especially because I wasn't wearing my hair up as much then and I forgot to wear it up one day when we used them... I spent the entire time with my hair tucked into my shirt!

Jean Stuart
December 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I did not go this year but have that fear allot now since my hair fell in a candle last year. when I go out I think about where I will be and if I will be around candles, smokers, fire pits, or bbq grills.