PDA

View Full Version : Kate Middleton's hair

Ki
December 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Happy Christmas! :toast:
Just thought I'd post this if anyone's interested. Thought it was interesting he suggests organic colour. Wonder just how organic is that :eyebrows:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2077837/Kate-Middleton-Duchess-Cambridge-secrets-Chelsea-blow-dry.html

Hollyfire3
December 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I don't even know if i LIKE Kate's hair....sure its shiny but its not anything special, not overally thick or intresting or even natural...its blowdryed into submission with a keratin treatment done...wow. I perfer different styles...i truefully think Piper from Charmed has similar shine but much nicer, thicker and just all around prettier hair...https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfEX_buqXsMTqAaY6YYtSC_SvY7vNp4 cG8mlxN-AUc7p1qM841see? Lol just my opinion though...doubt that color Kate uses is really all that natural...tehe:D

Renate
December 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Funny to think that her hair is considered "long". It's definitely not short, but I don't know, for me it falls in the "medium" category...

I like her hair. Its shiny and looks healthy. The stuff she uses probably aren't very natural, but if I was her, I wouldn't care, her hair looks great.

dwell_in_safety
December 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I enjoyed reading the article and inwardly contradicting much of the main contributor's recommendations. :p

She does have beautiful hair.

Hollyfire3
December 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I enjoyed reading the article and inwardly contradicting much of the main contributor's recommendations. :p

She does have beautiful hair.

lol yeah just LOVE contradicting WHILE reading..soo fun!:D

Nae
December 24th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Well what the heck, my hair does that on the ends naturally and it drives me crazy most of the time. It doesn't seem curly and it's not straight. No way would I sit for 45 minutes to have that done to my hair. Who knew it was cool?

xoxophelia
December 24th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Well what the heck, my hair does that on the ends naturally and it drives me crazy most of the time. It doesn't seem curly and it's not straight. No way would I sit for 45 minutes to have that done to my hair. Who knew it was cool?

Oh yes, I think that look is very beautiful. You are lucky if your ends curl in naturally. My hair is s waves with very elongated spirals so no such luck here ^_^

zombi
December 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Frankly I think her hair is just lovely. I agree it's "medium" to me, not "long".... but I like it quite a lot.

coffinhert
December 24th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Her hair looks exactly how I want mine to look, in terms of length, natural color, and ringlets at the end. It might not be special but it's what I'm going for. My curls will be pin curls of course, not heat-treated, but I can get that exact same look with pin curls. Just right now my hair is shorter so when I ringlet it like that, it's only collarbone length. But in a while my hair will look just like that. So pretty!

kidari
December 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Thank you for that article. I enjoyed reading it very much. I think she has gorgeous hair and I love that style. I agree that most of the appeal in her hairstyle is that it looks shiny and healthy but I disagree in needing to heat style it for 45 minutes to get it to look that way. As long as your hair is straight to only slightly wavy it can be done without heat and you can replicate that look almost daily if desired!

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Its nice hair but I'd say its medium length.

Jessfoz
December 25th, 2011, 07:06 AM
It's absolutely beautiful. There are not many people in the media who have such nice hair that I actually really love so I'd be wary to pass any judgement, I'd be happy to have her hair.

How would one get it so shiny?

constructamane
December 25th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I agree....it sounds like she spends 45 minutes damaging her hair, and then spends a fortune to get her hair looking healthy again. I have read about what hair products she uses......mostly Keratase (4-5 products), all around 35-100 dollars US each, and she has a stylist with her daily. Don't get me wrong, her hair looks beautiful! I do not know if it will be possible for me to achieve this, although the idea of layering around the face sounds interesting (when I achieve my goal), and maybe some pincurls or foam rollers to get that curl......

Hollyfire3
December 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
It's absolutely beautiful. There are not many people in the media who have such nice hair that I actually really love so I'd be wary to pass any judgement, I'd be happy to have her hair.

How would one get it so shiny?

Naturally or with products? Natural, just use some oil and smooth it down the hair (only like 1 or 2 drops dependign on length and thickness) Coney shine serum will do the same thing though, but it coats the hair and builds up after awhile...Also, rinsing hair with cold water after washing helps to seal the cuticle and make it shine.(This is up for debate but it works for me, what have you got to lose, its just cold water) An acid rinse (diluted of course) such as lemon (for blondesonly because it might lighten the hair) or vinegar (ACV or white) poured over hair last and rinsed out or left in can also seal the cuticle and make it shine. I use a wash in John Frieda glaze (brilliant brunnets) it makes hair look richer and gives ALOT of shine... you put in on wet hair like a conditioner leave in 3 mins and wash out, they have versions for blondes and redheads and even a clear one without color. Good luck!:D

see_turtle
December 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I love Kate and her hair! She is so beautiful and dignified.

coffinhert
December 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Naturally or with products? Natural, just use some oil and smooth it down the hair (only like 1 or 2 drops dependign on length and thickness) Coney shine serum will do the same thing though, but it coats the hair and builds up after awhile...Also, rinsing hair with cold water after washing helps to seal the cuticle and make it shine.(This is up for debate but it works for me, what have you got to lose, its just cold water) An acid rinse (diluted of course) such as lemon (for blondesonly because it might lighten the hair) or vinegar (ACV or white) poured over hair last and rinsed out or left in can also seal the cuticle and make it shine.

That's exactly right! I get my natural shine by using a boar bristle brush to brush coconut/castor oil into my hair while it is still dripping wet. In the shower, I do a final cold rinse with ACV.

Ann Marie
December 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I like the fact that for once...I can look at someone who is photographed as much as her...and her hair is not extensions..

:eye:

Hollyfire3
December 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
That's exactly right! I get my natural shine by using a boar bristle brush to brush coconut/castor oil into my hair while it is still dripping wet. In the shower, I do a final cold rinse with ACV.

Hehe, yeah bristle brushes and my hair dont play nice if i dont detangle first, i just see the curls being detroyed! Lol is your bristle brush from conair? I got mine as a gift and want to use it but am scared it has fake bristles and will damage my hair...

sarahbrownie
December 25th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Her hair is probably the only thing I like about her. :eyebrows:

sharicat
December 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Her hair is beautiful but it's sad it has to be beaten into submission with chemicals and heat to make it look like that!

RapunzelsMaiden
December 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hmmmm my hair could REAALLY use some protein packs :)

dwell_in_safety
December 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I'm glad that the ringlets at the end are liked so much. :) My hair does that when it gets around BSL length, but with tighter ringlets, and more of them naturally.

coffinhert
December 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hehe, yeah bristle brushes and my hair dont play nice if i dont detangle first, i just see the curls being detroyed! Lol is your bristle brush from conair? I got mine as a gift and want to use it but am scared it has fake bristles and will damage my hair...

I bought a nice one on my own and made sure it said 100% boar on the package.
I do detangle before. Or you can brush each curl chunk individually.

Carolyn
December 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I can get curls like that if I want to bother with my Caruso steam setter or use my magnetic and mesh rollers. I used to wear my hair like that all the time back in the 70s. I slept with my hair rolled almost every night. A drop or two of serum will add the shine and you are good to go. It's kind of a pain to do and time consuming if you are in a hurry but it can be done and it can be done without heat.

cheetahfast
December 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM
To be honest it doesn't look like she uses so many chemicals or heat on her hair daily/often. I think the article might be wrong. Even when she is on tv her hair looks healthy. :shrug:

ktani
December 25th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I agree that her hair looks healthy. The amount of product used and the heat is no doubt used to keep her happy as a client and to promote business. Can the same effects be done with less heat used and other products? Yes.

This is a trust and business relationship. She needs her hair to look great at all times in public and has the money and the relationship with this team of stylists to achieve it. She also has the hair to handle all of the care chosen involved.

AnnaJamila
December 25th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I would love to have that kind of hair but much longer and thicker. She is such a lovely woman. I hope the media circus goes easy on her.

coffinhert
December 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Of course they'll go easy on her, she's the ****ing princess!! She seems really nice. She's the new princess di. Personally I love her.

Another girl's hair I covet that's the same style as Kate's imo... Violet from American Horror Story.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/violet-american-horror-stor.jpg

ktani
December 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Of course they'll go easy on her,

The salon will and no doubt has been getting a significant boost in business. I have no doubt they are very good at what they do and it is in their very best interests to see that her hair remains healthy and always looks great.

holothuroidea
December 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Oh my. I will never understand celebrities.

I frankly wouldn't see the point in even having hair if I had to spend that much time, money and resources just so it would look the same every day. :dizzy:

Jessfoz
December 25th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Of course they'll go easy on her, she's the ****ing princess!! She seems really nice. She's the new princess di. Personally I love her.

Exactly, she's like the new Di. So what makes it like they're going to go easy on her? Look how Di ended up. I just hope that keep that in mind whilst they keep their eye on her.

Unofficial_Rose
December 26th, 2011, 01:33 AM
She has my dream hair, pretty much.

As far as being hounded by the press, they are going after her sister far more. Poor girl, not allowed to have a private life.

woolyleprechaun
December 26th, 2011, 01:40 AM
What a lot of hastle! I couldnt see the point in spending hours on it only have to spend hours replenishing its lost condition (I think thats already been mentioned....) Shes a beautiful lady, certainly. Its funny how peoples perception alters so much......Here her length is 'medium' but to the world of hairdressers, im sure its very long indeed ;)

Tabitha
December 26th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I have long layers and my hair will do that if I use coney conditioner, brush it periodically with my TangleTeezer as it dries, then put it in a low, tightly coiled cinnabun when it's almost, but not quite dry.

QMacrocarpa
December 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I frankly wouldn't see the point in even having hair if I had to spend that much time, money and resources just so it would look the same every day. :dizzy:
Yes, the article approvingly mentioned her hair-style "consistency" but it sounds a bit dull to me. But hey, I guess we don't all have the same hankering for hairstyle variety!

piffyanne
December 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Yes, the article approvingly mentioned her hair-style "consistency" but it sounds a bit dull to me. But hey, I guess we don't all have the same hankering for hairstyle variety!
That is EXACTLY what I came away from the article thinking. When I want to think about princesses, I'm more likely to go on the LHC for the effortless-happily-ever-after-fairytale look than the spending-at-minimum-45-minutes-a-day-with-a-stylist-to-look-the-same style they've got her running around in right now. I wonder if it's what Kate actually WANTS her hair to look like, or what they think would be best for the princess?

Oh, well, at least it's shiny! :D