PDA

View Full Version : Coming late...One year in LHC!!!! (very pic heavy!!)

SwordWomanRiona
December 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
My first LHC anniversary was on the 12th of this month, but unfortunately I've been sooo busy I haven't been able to post an 'one year in LHC' until today.

So...thanks to you all for this wonderful community, full of awesome inspiration, gorgeous heads of hair and nice people!! :):) I've learned a lot of things - about hair terminology, about henna and cassia and herbal rinses, about how I can properly care for my long fine hair...and above all: I've learned to love my own hair a bit more. Before LHC, I didn't hate my hair or anything, but I was constantly pining for wavy hair because my hair's straight; I was also deppressed about my thinnish ends and 'not-too-thick' hair. I still long for thicker hair, but I'm learning to love mine too, and I've actually found out here that it's well into the ii category...

Before LHC I didn't use to make any length shots, but I can say that my hair was in a worse condition than it is now! Now I keep it always untangled, I trim it from time to time (I have gained some thickness in the ends because of that!), I've found out about aloe vera and cassia and tea-rinses.

So here are a few length shots taken during this year (sorry for the hugeness...):

A little more than a month after I joined (January-February) my hair got to classic length! But my hemline was a bit too uneven to my liking because of a former inexperienced microtrim. I had recently henna'ed for the second time, too.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7193&pictureid=95004

In August I did a serious trim (1") and got rid of my uneven hemline (the left part of which was a bit past classic and the right part nearly at fingertip!). I felt better after the trims, with a slightly thicker hemline.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6175/6159148001_e9eda8aeaa.jpg

September, after a cassia treatment:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7017/6560346667_ba3992d5ed.jpg

November - braidwaves and bandanna curls in the ends
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6560334225_d35d7fa4c0.jpg

14th December...with my hair surprisingly red!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6560335791_b3ce362553.jpg

December again, more bandanna curls
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7166/6565104585_7118baa06c.jpg

yesterday
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6565104595_20be6211a8.jpg

And today!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6565104599_1f7a26d9c6.jpg

There hasn't been a lot of length-progress, but I'm happy to maintain at classic for a while. My next step is a full fingertip hemline!

princessp
December 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I am in awe over your hair wow it is simply divine! (insert multiple thuds here) :)

moon2dove
December 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Your hair is beautiful! A well deserved :thud:

Happy growing to fingertips;)

Hairwish
December 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Serious texture envy right here! I would LOVE to have your 1a/1b hair! :)

dulce
December 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Fantastic hair,if I had my wish,my hair would look just like yours.Gorgeous!!!!

Kricket
December 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Beautiful!

jacqueline101
December 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Your hair is lovely and the progress is wonderful.

EdG
December 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Very nice, SwordWomanRiona! :thud:
Ed

dili
December 24th, 2011, 01:35 PM
wow! looking very cool!

Libbylou
December 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Beautiful hair. I only hope mine looks like yours in a few years.

SwordWomanRiona
December 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM
:) Thanks a lot, everyone, for those awesome comments! They are too great, especially as they come with people whose hair I myself admire!

Hairwish, are you mad ;)? Your texture is absolutely gorgeous, I'm in awe before your hair! Is this the grass being greener at the other side of the fence all over again? :)

Kira94
December 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Lovely hair!
Perhaps it's your name, but whenever I see your picture I think of an elven warrior. :)

SwordWomanRiona
December 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Wow, Kira94! What a great compliment! You've made my day (or my night, more like) :joy:

Xi
December 24th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Congratulations, SwordWomanRiona! Your hair is looking lovely -- long and shining and a beautiful colour.:blossom:
P.S. The bandana curls are awesome!

Shesta
December 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Good job, girl! :flower: The quality of your hair has visibly increased for this one year. Happy growing to fingertip! :)

beautifulending
December 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oh my :thudpile: its beautiful.

hypersensitive
December 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Yay! very nice! wow fingertip length... that's crazy haha but go for it!!

sonng
December 24th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Wow, I'm speechless. Your hair is AMAZING and SOOO LONG im so envious. +0+ :thudpile:

Avital88
December 25th, 2011, 12:10 AM
congrats! you are really a big inspiration to me and your hair isnt thin at all! very lovely, straight and with bandana curls..

Hairwish
December 25th, 2011, 01:53 AM
It always is, isn't it? But I really mean it, I constantly damaged my hair with the flat iron trying to make it look like yours, so yeah..I would trade it any day he he :D

coffinhert
December 25th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Inspirational. This makes me excited about the next few years of my life!

freckles
December 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
your hair is gorgeous!!

jojo
December 25th, 2011, 02:18 AM
your hair is amazing and my dream length :thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile: :thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile::thudpile:

Dragon Faery
December 25th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Beautiful! :)

Congratulations on a year!

As always, love your length, texture, and color. Perfect for an elf of Rivendell.

kouran
December 25th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Oh my :thudpile: its beautiful.

I second this!! Your hair is very beautiful and in superb condition, Riona!! I wish we were hair twins! :D

What a coincidence, we both joined LHC December last year! I'm glad you joined, you're my LHC's best friend :) :flower:

Nannanej
December 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM
aw, that's great to see! you're pretty much the same hair type and thickness as me, and my goal is at least tailbone.. Hopefully my hair will look that good when I get there :D

SwordWomanRiona
December 25th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Wow, people...I'm overwhelmed by all the awesomely nice comments, I really am. Thank you all! LHC's such a nice community!

@Xi Thank you! Those two pics show my very first bandanna curls, I love how wavy they make my ends.

@hypersensitive haha, if that's crazy, I'll refrain from mentioning that I would like to try to get to knee! :p

@sonng Why, we're hair twins! :) Your hemline looks awesome, btw

@Avital88 Thanks a lot! I tend to obsess about how thinnish my hemline looks...

@Hairwish We can swap for a while, how about that? :D I'd love to!

@Shesta, beautifulending, coffinhert, freckles Thanks a lot!!:flower:

@jojo :o I don't think I deserve ten thud-piles, that's just too much! :)

@Dragon Faery A Rivendell Elf...That sounds great! :D I generally just contemplate a Sword-woman visiting Rivendell, though :p

@kouran You're too sweet, kouran! :flower: And I love your texture (and thickness) myself!

@Nannanej I'm sure it will, fellow hair twin! :)

lapushka
December 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Amazing hair, well done! Congrats! :)

MasCat
December 25th, 2011, 08:47 AM
They might redo your sword in Rivendell Milady :)

Anyway - your hair is stunning, it's an inspiration.

kanaka
December 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Your hair is gorgeous as always :) i dont have any special words for your hair. i wish my hair grows soon to the same length.

Anyway, congrats on your Anniversary :)
I hope you grow your hair to knee length soon :D

SwordWomanRiona
January 3rd, 2012, 05:05 AM
They might redo your sword in Rivendell Milady :)

Anyway - your hair is stunning, it's an inspiration.

Erm...ot quite sure about what you mean with that...My sword's not broken! :D
Well, in fact, my first one was, but its state was so bad they couldn't reforge it, so I had to get an Elvish one instead. Good bargain on the whole! :D:D [Ignore my Tolkien-nerdiness if you want]

SwordWomanRiona
January 3rd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Oh and thanks a lot, kanaka and lapushka :)

Amber_Maiden
January 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Beautiful hair!! Congrats!!! :D

longhairedlady
January 3rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Ahhh I just love all the different looks you can get with your hair! Silky straight and wonderfully wavy!! :D

Trish in SC
January 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Congrats on your hair. Looks great! I like the picture with the bandana waves.

DreadfulWoman
January 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Wow, I didn't realize you had been here only a year. Since I've decided to go the undreaded route your hair has been a major inspiration to me. :thud: Can't wait to see you go for fingertip length!

Intransigentia
January 3rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hot damn! Your hair is seriously fabulous. I hope to catch up soon.