PDA

View Full Version : 'Haircut' on monday.

Orangerthanred
December 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm super sick of my mullet hair. It's almost BSL in the back and not even APL in the front. It also has a V hemline thanks to my layers :mad: I've decided I will even out my hair on Monday- maybe to a little bit above my armpits.

Since my hair poofs up whenever it looses the slightest amount of weight... I think I should prepare myself for dealing with terrible hair for 5 months/however long it takes to get to BSL.

Other than updos, what are some hairstyles that can hide thick, poofy hair that is growing out?

pinchbeck
December 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Have you considered taking a little bit off of the length in stages to allow the shorter pieces in the front to catch up? I am not talking about 1/4" either...maybe 1/2" every three months.

Kelikea
December 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Have you considered taking a little bit off of the length in stages to allow the shorter pieces in the front to catch up? I am not talking about 1/4" either...maybe 1/2" every three months.

I agree with this. If you already know it will poof, and you don't like poof, then you can avoid it by just letting it grow and catch up. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

spidermom
December 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I found that combing a generous dollop of gel through my hair helped the poof as long as I was careful not to touch my hair once it dried. Yes, it was a little crunchy/stiff, but honestly - I don't think anybody knew that but me. You can add a drop or two of oil to the gel to make the hold softer, also a drop of two of water.

Styles where you pull the front and sides back but leave the back down are a possibility.

Go conservative with trims; don't make yourself miserable with loss of length.

jacqueline101
December 24th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I'd suggest the trim a little as you go. Its only my opinion you have to do what you want to do.