PDA

View Full Version : Curling ends under without heat?

oddbeat
December 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
I was wondering how to curl the very ends of my straight hair under without using heat. Back in my pre-LHC days, I'd achieve this by either using a large barrel curling iron or with a round brush and a blow dryer. But I'd like to find a more hair-friendly way of doing it.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for any sort of defined curl. I just want a more rounded look to the ends instead of a straight, blunt edge.

Hollyfire3
December 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
You can always use a few curlers just on the ends of your hair to curl them under. Mist the hair with a bit of water or oil, put the curlers on and let them set, or you can simply mist the ends with water and brush them with a round brush until they are dry.

beautifulending
December 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
I know my sister has this curling rod things that you use on wet hair that don't need heat....she got them from wal-mart I think.I hope you find a way to do that.

coffinhert
December 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
You could try pin curls. Dampen. Smooth it out with a boar bristle brush. Make a wider curl and pin it at the bottom. Don't roll the curl up higher than your neck.

Kristin
December 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Large magnetic rollers. Also create volume in the crown.

sharicat
December 24th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I do one large rag curl on the last 2 inches of my hair. I use a sock so it comes out as one big wave, just giving the ends the curl-up so they are not lying blunt and straight. I do it every night before bed.

I tried it after watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH12exAL1Dg&feature=related she has loads of great ideas for heat-free waves and curls :)

jacqueline101
December 24th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I like foam rollers.

oddbeat
December 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the all the suggestions! I tried pin curls today, but they ended up causing a weird dent where I placed the bobby pin. I'll give the other ideas a try in the next couple days :)

coffinhert
December 24th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the all the suggestions! I tried pin curls today, but they ended up causing a weird dent where I placed the bobby pin. I'll give the other ideas a try in the next couple days :)

Your hair was probably too wet. Also you have to place the bobby pin so it is holding a minimal amount of hair. I use pretty loose ones. I could see how this gets complicated when you are pinning htem lower.