PDA

View Full Version : Does hair get frizzier with age? (Mainly gray hair?)

Firefly River
December 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm 21, but I'm just curious, when my hair grays, will it still have have the same texture and shine and health of my hair I have now? Or will it dull or frizz a bit?

turtlelover
December 23rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
I think it tends to frizz a bit more, but everyone is different. I've seen some GORGEOUS gray hair!

trilobite
December 23rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think gray is almost always different. In my case it was a good thing.

spidermom
December 23rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
My silvery hairs are about the same texture that my hair has always been. The white ones, however, are coarse, bumpy, and wirey! I don't know what I'd do with a head full of those! So far, I have more silvery hairs than white hairs.

akilina
December 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
well when your hair turns to gray it changes textures. this could mean anything really. it could become thicker, smoother, frizzier, kinky, curly etc....

teela1978
December 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Mine are all pretty similar except for one thing. When they first grow out, most of my grays do a bit of a crazy wiggle for a couple of inches before switching back to my usual straightish growth pattern. Those annoy me and sometimes cause frizz. Otherwise its pretty similar.

moxamoll
December 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Mine are all pretty similar except for one thing. When they first grow out, most of my grays do a bit of a crazy wiggle for a couple of inches before switching back to my usual straightish growth pattern. Those annoy me and sometimes cause frizz. Otherwise its pretty similar.

Mine do that too!

Jezerellica
December 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
The texture of my grays are thicker, if that helps.