PDA

View Full Version : I'm so stupid. Why did I take him to a salon?

HumanBean
December 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
My son is growing his hair out; he wants it shoulder length. I took him today to one of those walk-in places. I just wanted the back cleaned up so he wouldn't look like he had a mullet for holiday photos.

Current pic (before cut) appears here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=84462

I thought I was so explicit to the stylist, but she cut off too much off all over. It doesn't even look like he is growing it out anymore. My son isn't too upset, but I've cried a little. It's going to take him another three months at least to get back to where he was.

DH says there is a parent at school who does hair, and her own son has had hair that long before, so we are going to see if we can get on her client list for the future, as she is likely to understand. I'd take him to my own salon but they won't do kids hair.

darkrose
December 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
At least your son isn't too upset, but his hair is gorgeous ! It's so healthy and shiny. :) Remember , it could have been worse. And good luck with trying to get appointment with the parent at school, a great stylist is a priceless treasure I think.

julliams
December 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I've had oodles of trouble trying to find a stylist that doesn't cut my son's hair like a mature woman. We finally found someone who gets it perfect every time but it took alot of salon visits to find the right person. Keep persevering with it. The beauty of a young person's hair is that it grows SOOOOO quickly. My son gets 1 - 2 inches per month (he's 10 and growing like a weed) so we are back more times that we would like.